Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Re: JA checks in at #80

Rodgers is good... but I dont' think he's top 5 yet... probably around top 11, I think Revis definitely has to be in the top 5. Manning, Brady, Adrian, Revis, and maybe Andre Johnson... or I think a surprise would be Suh... I'm disappointed that Kevin Williams wasn't on the list. If it was last year then yeah he doesn't deserve it, but if Tony Homo is on the list he should definitely be on there too
    None

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

What about Romo hardly played last year.
    None

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1097613
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1097605
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097604
    I'm betting it's Peterson, not Favre as the other one for us.
    +1

Of course it's AD. It's the top NFL players of 2011. Favre's retired (as of today, but it's not preseason yet) No way in hell was he in the top 100 players of 2010 either, not even close. Top 1,000 maybe.
    Agreed on Peterson. How high do you think Peterson will be on the list?
    JA probably would have been higher on the list if the middle of our line had gotten any push last year. Hopefully that lack of middle pressure doesn't repeat this year.
    I don't even want to venture a guess, but I'm thinking he'll be rated higher than he should. The people rating him, as well as all the others, are looking at highlight reels & clips of games.

What they won't see, that Vikings fans have seen (some try to glaze over it) is that AD does get a lot of losses, 0 gains or 1 yard gains. It's his incredible runs that don't happen frequent enough or when he breaks a long one that get all the attention.

What I liked about the 2010 AD, is his lack of fumbles. I hope we see that carry over into 2011.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1097700
    +1

Of course it's AD. It's the top NFL players of 2011. Favre's retired (as of today, but it's not preseason yet) No way in hell was he in the top 100 players of 2010 either, not even close. Top 1,000 maybe.
    JA probably would have been higher on the list if the middle of our line had gotten any push last year. Hopefully that lack of middle pressure doesn't repeat this year.
    I don't even want to venture a guess, but I'm thinking he'll be rated higher than he should. The people rating him, as well as all the others, are looking at highlight reels & clips of games.

What they won't see, that Vikings fans have seen (some try to glaze over it) is that AD does get a lot of losses, 0 gains or 1 yard gains. It's his incredible runs that don't happen frequent enough or when he breaks a long one that get all the attention.

What I liked about the 2010 AD, is his lack of fumbles. I hope we see that carry over into 2011.
    And how may of those no-gains and losses are his fault? A handful a year when he's not patient enough?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1097701
    +1

And how may of those no-gains and losses are his fault? A handful a year when he's not patient enough?
    Exactly.. And he's the best after contact.. He makes the most outta shitty line

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

+1

It would be nice if you had some proof to back up that claim. All backs have a lot of short gains and losses. I would bet Chris Johnson has a higher percentage of both. But I can't find any stats on it.
    I think the players that play the game though will consider more than just highlights(although the NFL is a big play league and big play makers win games). I think his peers recognize that he runs hard every carry, even the ones for -1 yard.

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1097679
    Quote Originally Posted by "Traveling_Vike" #1097663
    All I know is, the Vikings players were penalized for a poor team showing, where other teams were not.
    When the idea for the list came out, I thought maybe one or two Vikings at best. Besides Allen (who already on the list) and obviously AP (who will be on the list), who else is really deserving from last years performance? Maybe Hutch, but after that we do not have anyone deserving. Rice and Harvin you can make arguments for but like I already pointed out, injuries. No one on the defence is even close. I think I would have left off Allen as well. He is a great player no doubt, but he was freaking terrible last year.
    I would venture a guess that Greenway or even Antoine make the list.......if for no other reason than its other players and the respect that they have for our guys. Other than that I agree with what you are saying.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1097771
    All I know is, the Vikings players were penalized for a poor team showing, where other teams were not.
    When the idea for the list came out, I thought maybe one or two Vikings at best. Besides Allen (who already on the list) and obviously AP (who will be on the list), who else is really deserving from last years performance? Maybe Hutch, but after that we do not have anyone deserving. Rice and Harvin you can make arguments for but like I already pointed out, injuries. No one on the defence is even close. I think I would have left off Allen as well. He is a great player no doubt, but he was freaking terrible last year.
    I would venture a guess that Greenway or even Antoine make the list.......if for no other reason than its other players and the respect that they have for our guys. Other than that I agree with what you are saying.
    They should have somewhere how many each team has on the list. I know the Steelers only have 4 and the cowboys have 6. Browns have 2. Seattle has none. Not sure what our number is, but I believe it is 2 or 3. Can someone confirm that?
    We're bringing purple back.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1097780
    They should have somewhere how many each team has on the list. I know the Steelers only have 4 and the cowboys have 6. Browns have 2. Seattle has none. Not sure what our number is, but I believe it is 2 or 3. Can someone confirm that?
    It's 2. I posted the link on the first page
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1097795
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1097780
    It's 2. I posted the link on the first page
    So then its JA and AP........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast