Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    [COLOR="#000000"]Damn people! So... much... negativity... can't.... breath....
    How did you survive 2007 & 2008 then?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Damn people! So... much... negativity... can't.... breath....
    "Spielman sucks!", "Spielman is intentially trying to make the team worse" jabbidyjab.
    For F*ck sake, give the man some credit! No, give him TONS of credit!!! He had perhaps what's looking as the best all-round draft since.... heck, I can't even remember. He got us so many good players in one year. We will at least get three Pro Bowlers out of last year's draft.

I understand that as a fan, the Winfield loss hurts. It hurts alot actually and I hate it. So I can understand that this is how the frustration surfaces, but to react even slightly negatively to this little innocent signing is ridiculously.

First of all, A.J. Jefferson is only 25 years old, he has very nice size for a cornerback and is extremely explosive with okay speed. When he learns to play the ball he could be really good. For all the good Spielman has given us, this is really stupid to complain about.
    Thank you. All the negativity by Mountainvike, Floyd , and Nodak can get to a guy !
    Seriously, the off season is a time for hope. I'll try to remember that as I wait to see the 53 man roster before vilifying Spielman;....again !

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    You do realize that Spielman has played a big part in everyone of our drafts starting with 2007 don't you?

Last year wasn't his 1st., but it was his first since being named GM.

Yep we did have a decent draft out of his last 6 years here. Picking 3rd does help the situation. Lets see how well he does this year picking towards the back end of the 1st round. Hell he still has 2 in the first & we need a starting MLB, A starting CB & a deep threat WR for starters.
    Yes, I perfectly well know that and speaking of 2007, heck of a way to begin isn't it? Adrian Peterson, Sidney Rice, Brian Robison, etc.
    His first draft in full control and Minnesota has arguably the (EDIT: It's) best draft of THIS CENTURY.

As for the picking early-argument. I'm sorry, but that's a pretty weak argument considering that, outside of a Pro Bowl left tackle with our first pick, we got two future Pro Bowlers in positions of great need, one who people thought was a reach. And another who had a terrible last year. Plus, he drafted four others who were good contributions to the team with the later picks, with potential to be great. Oh... and he also made a pure GENIUS move to trade out of the 3rd overall pick and STILL get the player we wanted.

As for the other GM stuff. He drafted a cancer, got great value in return. Signed one of the best wide receivers in the past five years and signed a backup QB who has been to the Pro Bowl in the past and still is fairly young. To a low price.

Us fans should be praising him as a genius by now. If he has even half the success in this draft I will still be happy.
    Last edited by HEY; 04-14-2013 at 09:12 PM.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    How did you survive 2007 & 2008 then?
    HAHA good point
    Honestly... I didn't have much of a issue with that because... well quite frankly we did suck. But after such an epic season where we witnessed the ridiculousness of Adrian "Terminator" Peterson and many other highlights THAT'S when I think the negativity is too much. I think it's also hurting this site. Unfortunately. Eventually, negativity will not make people come back.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Thank you. All the negativity by Mountainvike, Floyd , and Nodak can get to a guy !
    Seriously, the off season is a time for hope. I'll try to remember that as I wait to see the 53 man roster before vilifying Spielman;....again !
    Thank God I'm not alone

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    [COLOR="#000000"]
    His first draft in full control and Minnesota has arguably the best draft IN THIS CENTURY.
    That's going to be highly debatable, especially considering we didn't get an elite QB out of that draft & other teams have this century.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    Blog Entries
    That's going to be highly debatable, especially considering we didn't get an elite QB out of that draft & other teams have this century.
    I don't see how anyone can say that's highly debatable. Or even debatable. Let's break it down a little:
    2000 - pfff! Not one Pro Bowler. Best pick was maybe Chris Hovan.
    2001 - Nope. Only really good pick was Michael Bennett, but he was a first rounder.
    2002- Best was Bryant McKinnie in the first round. So no.
    2003 - Definitely best so far with Kevin Williams and E.J. Henderson.
    2004 - Back to terrible again.. and beyond. Best pick was Mewelde Moore. A 3rd down back. LOL.
    2005 - When you though it couldn't get worse the Vikings draft Troy Williamson and Erasmus James in the first round.
    2006 - Looking better. Chad Greenway being the best of the bunch.
    2007 - WELL WELL WELL... TAKE A LOOK AT THAT! Spielman's first year with the Vikings and we have the best draft so far. Adrian Peterson almost alone makes this draft the best.
    2008 - John Sullivan was a steal, but that's the only good that came out of that draft.
    2009 - Good draft. Percy Harvin was amazing WHEN he played. Loadholt has developed nicely.
    2010 - Everson Griffin looks like he can be a starter. Chris Cook too. Otherwise, meh!
    2011 - Kyle Rudolph is the best pick so far.
    2012 - One year has past and we already have one of the most elite LT's in the NFL, statistically the best kicker in the whole league (who already has broken records), a safety that could be a nominee for Defensive Rookie of the Year. A TE that has played far above his value. The fastest corner in the draft with good potential, a wide receiver who looks promising, etc.

... So explain why you do NOT think our last draft was the best? Wait a second, you thought I meant best draft OUT OF ALL NFL TEAMS? Ops... what I meant was the best draft out of the MInnesota's drafts in the last century. Haha oh well... still, Spielman has obviously done a good job so far.
    Last edited by HEY; 04-14-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Piss off.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I don't see how anyone can say that's highly debatable. Or even debatable. Let's break it down a little:
    2000 - pfff! Not one Pro Bowler. Best pick was maybe Chris Hovan.
    2001 - Nope. Only really good pick was Michael Bennett, but he was a first rounder.
    2002- Best was Bryant McKinnie in the first round. So no.
    2003 - Definitely best so far with Kevin Williams and E.J. Henderson.
    2004 - Back to terrible again.. and beyond. Best pick was Mewelde Moore. A 3rd down back. LOL.
    2005 - When you though it couldn't get worse the Vikings draft Troy Williamson and Erasmus James in the first round.
    2006 - Looking better. Chad Greenway being the best of the bunch.
    2007 - WELL WELL WELL... TAKE A LOOK AT THAT! Spielman's first year with the Vikings and we have the best draft so far. Adrian Peterson almost alone makes this draft the best.
    2008 - John Sullivan was a steal, but that's the only good that came out of that draft.
    2009 - Good draft. Percy Harvin was amazing WHEN he played. Loadholt has developed nicely.
    2010 - Everson Griffin looks like he can be a starter. Chris Cook too. Otherwise, meh!
    2011 - Kyle Rudolph is the best pick so far.
    2012 - One year has past and we already have one of the most elite LT's in the NFL, statistically the best kicker in the whole league (who already has broken records), a safety that could be a nominee for Defensive Rookie of the Year. A TE that has played far above his value. The fastest corner in the draft with good potential, a wide receiver who looks promising, etc.

... So explain why you do NOT think our last draft was the best? Wait a second, you thought I meant best draft OUT OF ALL NFL TEAMS? Ops... what I meant was the best draft out of the MInnesota's drafts in the last century. Haha oh well... still, Spielman has obviously done a good job so far.
    I just moved you up on the old spread sheet my friend.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I just moved you up on the old spread sheet my friend.
    HAHA yeah I felt pretty stupid after what I realized during my last sentence. Damn it! I didn't want to delete it either :P

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast