Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    So Our best CB from last year is moving on, and our worse CB from last year is moving back in. Yep, I am officially bummed out again.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Are the Vikings having a internal bet that they can't field a worse secondary than we have had the past 15-20 years for this next season? Good god, if they don't pull a rabbits foot out of their asses, this is going to be the biggest joke of a secondary I have seen.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    It's going to be a lot tougher for Spielman to work his magic when we don't need a kicker & don't own the 3rd pick of the draft.

Although, one of the least desired picks in the draft by fans, Teo can quickly become "a solid pick" if Spielman drafts him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Too much gloom and doom around here.

We were a playoff team last year and going into this year our franchise QB has another off season of experience, we got rid of a disgruntled WR/RB , a slow, undersized CB who was ready for the glue factory and in return we got the best WR from a division opponent who is a top 5 WR and an additional 1st round draft pick. So we have extra picks including 2-1st round picks, our Ol will be more in sync with another year under their belt, Our all world RB will be in better condition to start the season compared to last year and the coaching staff can take what they learned and use it to develop the new players who were brought in and who will be brought in, These players are all better fits to the scheme and will make a better impact on the field.

Meanwhile the rest of the division-

GB lost its best WR to us. They cut a DB who is many times better than the one we cut even dreamed of being, they are going to have to sign their QB to a contract of biblical proportions that will give them all kinds of CAP problems going forward and they have a OLB that is going to compound that problem.

Chicago has a whole new staff and with the problems they have from the OL to the MLB position and on and on they will not be a challenge

Detroit is once again becoming Detroit and they may put up points this year if they can get any kind of OL bu they have no running game, no ST, need a new kicker, have holes all over the defense and are not getting any better.

Long story short we ARE winning the division and we ARE winning a playoff game this year.

We are probably not going to get to the NFCCG for year or 2 but we are getting younger and we are getting better while trimming the old, the fat and the malcontents. This is the best i have felt about the team going into the season for nearly 20 years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    lol.

I have faith that Spielman is going to be able to work his magic again in this years draft, and we wont see Jefferson again next season.

(Better?)
    Just try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    We were a playoff team last year and going into this year our franchise QB has another off season of experience
    How to Determine If Your Team Has a Franchise Quarterback

How to Determine If Your Team Has a Franchise Quarterback | Bleacher Report

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    How to Determine If Your Team Has a Franchise Quarterback

How to Determine If Your Team Has a Franchise Quarterback | Bleacher Report
    So you are going to use a reference from this guy:

Ty Schalter is a National NFL Lead Writer. A hobbyist and family man, He regularly converts his pigskin passion into words and numbers here at Bleacher Report and his blog, The Lions in Winter.

Let me try the Singer way of interpreting posts:

Since you rely on that data to form your opinion that means you would want to cut Andrew luck because he was only rated 2 slots ahead of ponder in the rankings. And you would trade the whole franchise to get RG3 because he is ranked higher than Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers and every other top QB in the league.

Does that hit it pretty close?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So you are going to use a reference from this guy:

Ty Schalter is a National NFL Lead Writer. A hobbyist and family man, He regularly converts his pigskin passion into words and numbers here at Bleacher Report and his blog, The Lions in Winter.

Let me try the Singer way of interpreting posts:

Since you rely on that data to form your opinion that means you would want to cut Andrew luck because he was only rated 2 slots ahead of ponder in the rankings. And you would trade the whole franchise to get RG3 because he is ranked higher than Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers and every other top QB in the league.

Does that hit it pretty close?

Not even close. But thanks for trying.

Perhaps you can enlighten us all by trying to convince us that Ponder is indeed our franchise QB & what you feel it takes to become that franchise QB.

Apparently your list of qualifications isn't much.
    Last edited by singersp; 04-14-2013 at 06:46 PM.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Damn people! So... much... negativity... can't.... breath....
    "Spielman sucks!", "Spielman is intentially trying to make the team worse" jabbidyjab.
    For F*ck sake, give the man some credit! No, give him TONS of credit!!! He had perhaps what's looking as the best all-round draft since.... heck, I can't even remember. He got us so many good players in one year. We will at least get three Pro Bowlers out of last year's draft.

I understand that as a fan, the Winfield loss hurts. It hurts alot actually and I hate it. So I can understand that this is how the frustration surfaces, but to react even slightly negatively to this little innocent signing is ridiculously.

First of all, A.J. Jefferson is only 25 years old, he has very nice size for a cornerback and is extremely explosive with okay speed. When he learns to play the ball he could be really good. For all the good Spielman has given us, this is really stupid to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Damn people! So... much... negativity... can't.... breath....
    "Spielman sucks!", "Spielman is intentially trying to make the team worse" jabbidyjab.
    For F*ck sake, give the man some credit! No, give him TONS of credit!!! He had perhaps what's looking as the best all-round draft since.... heck, I can't even remember. He got us so many good players in one year. We will at least get three Pro Bowlers out of last year's draft.

I understand that as a fan, the Winfield loss hurts. It hurts alot actually and I hate it. So I can understand that this is how the frustration surfaces, but to react even slightly negatively to this little innocent signing is ridiculously.

First of all, A.J. Jefferson is only 25 years old, he has very nice size for a cornerback and is extremely explosive with okay speed. When he learns to play the ball he could be really good. For all the good Spielman has given us, this is really stupid to complain about.
    You do realize that Spielman has played a big part in everyone of our drafts starting with 2007 don't you?

Last year wasn't his 1st., but it was his first since being named GM.

Yep we did have a decent draft out of his last 6 years here. Picking 3rd does help the situation. Lets see how well he does this year picking towards the back end of the 1st round. Hell he still has 2 in the first & we need a starting MLB, A starting CB & a deep threat WR for starters.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast