Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikesSince74 is offline Waterboy

I've about had enough......

.....of jackass-jackson and chilly-no-willy-childress.
    >

I've been lurking here for the last few years and I've enjoyed reading and sympathizing with a lot of the posts from the Vikings fans here. But enough is enough already, are there still really any childress or jackson apologists left here??
    ???
    If so, why?? Both chilly as a lame excuse for play caller, and jackson with his inability to play consistently, gave this game to Manning and the Colts.
    >

Like most of the folks on this board I've been a Vikes fan for a long time (since 1974) and have been through some lean years, but this is the first time I've been embarassed to declare myself a Vikings fan when asked by others who I like............

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: I've about had enough......

"VikesSince74" wrote:
    .....of jackass-jackson and chilly-no-willy-childress.
    >

I've been lurking here for the last few years and I've enjoyed reading and sympathizing with a lot of the posts from the Vikings fans here. But enough is enough already, are there still really any childress or jackson apologists left here??
    ???
    If so, why?? Both chilly as a lame excuse for play caller, and jackson with his inability to play consistently, gave this game to Manning and the Colts.
    >

Like most of the folks on this board I've been a Vikes fan for a long time (since 1974) and have been through some lean years, but this is the first time I've been embarassed to declare myself a Vikings fan when asked by others who I like............

There are.

They are putting together their defense as we speak and will post it at some point later tonight or tomorrow.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

I've defended both of them in the past; but, I'm starting to move away from that. My simple theory is that if you have to defend someone repeatedly for their percieved ills, at some point, maybe they aren't worth defending anymore. But, I got no where else to go. Firing the coach now is surrendering, even if you could get the next great coach after the season has began, he wouldn't have time to get his schemes in. We could, however, change QBs. Gus isn't likely to do any worse, but we don't have a strong option on our bench. Still, I'm just about ready to see what Gus's experience can do for us.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

You know, there's a big difference between seeing a plethora of problems in a loss and taking the simple way out of just saying, "Fire Childress!" or "Cut Tarvaris!"

Just about all of us will admit that both Childress and Tarvaris are part of the reason we can't win games. But to place all of the blame on them is overly-simplistic.

Whatever. Yuk it up. Yay, you were right! The Vikings totally suck!

(swiws)

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

It is not Tarvaris. It is Bevell. He is dialing it in at this point:

- Off-tackle run
    - Draw play
    - QB roll out

The Vikings offensive playbook consists of these three plays. It is ridiculous. Tarvaris is doing what he can with this "simplified" playbook.

This is a defensive coordinator's wet dream.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:

- Off-tackle run
    - Draw play
    - QB roll out

The Vikings offensive playbook consists of these three plays. It is ridiculous. Tarvaris is doing what he can with this "simplified" playbook.

wow, this coming from Still.. im shocked, in a good way

Thanks josdin00

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"StillPurple" wrote:

- Off-tackle run
    - Draw play
    - QB roll out

I don't see that at all.

When we opened the game we did a screen to Jackson on the first drive, we had 2 TE sets, WR's in motion, a pass to the TE in the endzone, a reverse to Allison, a few deep passes, slants etc.

What did not happen was us completing the passes when we needed to. If the QB wasn't making the bad throws, the receivers were dropping them.

Piss poor execution and it was not the Ol's fault today

tybrones87 is offline Rookie

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

- Off-tackle run
    - Draw play
    - QB roll out

I don't see that at all.

When we opened the game we did a screen to Jackson on the first drive, we had 2 TE sets, WR's in motion, a pass to the TE in the endzone, a reverse to Allison, a few deep passes, slants etc.

What did not happen was us completing the passes when we needed to. If the QB wasn't making the bad throws, the receivers were dropping them.

Yeah, I gotta agree with that. I don't see many problems as far as play calling goes. I agree that sometimes they are too predictable, but there has to be a reason.. Maybe its the personnel that they have the makes them call predictable plays.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"tybrones87" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

- Off-tackle run
    - Draw play
    - QB roll out

I don't see that at all.

Yeah, I gotta agree with that. I don't see many problems as far as play calling goes. I agree that sometimes they are too predictable, but there has to be a reason.. Maybe its the personnel that they have the makes them call predictable plays.

peterson
    taylor
    rice
    berrian
    wade
    allison
    kleinsasser
    mills
    yeah, nothing to work with
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

tybrones87 is offline Rookie

"marshallvike" wrote:
    "tybrones87" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

- Off-tackle run
    - Draw play
    - QB roll out

I don't see that at all.

peterson
    taylor
    rice
    berrian
    wade
    allison
    kleinsasser
    mills
    yeah, nothing to work with
    I was referring to Jackson maybe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast