Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

It's Too Early To Fire Fraiser

While I am as unhappy with this team's performance as anyone, I believe it is too earlier to cut him loose. I don't believe he is the coach for the Vikings but it is way too earlier to be complaining. Just like anything, coaching is a job that you learn to be better at. You expect perfection from a guy who has never been a Head Coach at the NFL level before. A Head Coach position has a learning curve that will not be conquered in 11 games. They guy may turn it around but it is a definite that he will get better with experience. You can even add the fact that he had no offeseason to prepare as well. Just give hi sometime.

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    He never should have been hired in the first place. I would have gladly had seen him replaced as DC, as well. Not impressive at DC and even worse as HC. Learning curve, my arse.........he was never even qualified. Period.

Tice was a better HC.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    They guy may turn it around but it is a definite that he will get better with experience.
    You can't fix stupid.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    He never should have been hired in the first place. I would have gladly had seen him replaced as DC, as well. Not impressive at DC and even worse as HC. Learning curve, my arse.........he was never even qualified. Period.

Tice was a better HC.
    I am conflicted on this as I didn't want him as our coach but inside I know that he was the "next OC/DC" in line for a a coaching position. I would say that he was a bit qualified as he has gotten a few looksees else where. I know some of those where teams simply using his skin color to their advantage but nevertheless it was a looksee. Also keep in mind, the best coach in the league got run out of town in Cleveland.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If we fire him now what message does that send to any other coaching candidates for us?

You get a handful of games with a shit roster to win or we'll fire you? And you wonder why we don't pursue a big-time coach?

The Chin probably sitting at home, phone rings, he looks at the call display and sees that Minny area code and goes "whoa.... screw that"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    If we fire him now what message does that send to any other coaching candidates for us?

You get a handful of games with a shit roster to win or we'll fire you? And you wonder why we don't pursue a big-time coach?

The Chin probably sitting at home, phone rings, he looks at the call display and sees that Minny area code and goes "whoa.... screw that"
    not quite the case but when the team doesn't look to overall be moving forward then that is a reason to be canned. Even with shit players a good HC and staff will improve them but thats not being apparent with the Vikes at the moment. Given that we will now have back to back losing seasons for the first time in about 25 years then that could be a great reason to be given a pink slip.
    Just remember Les Steckel lasted one season with his 3-13 season, so far Frazier hasn't reached the 3 game mark so if he has a worse season then he definitely should go and be villified in the same way as Steckel has ever since.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    not quite the case but when the team doesn't look to overall be moving forward then that is a reason to be canned. Even with shit players a good HC and staff will improve them but thats not being apparent with the Vikes at the moment. Given that we will now have back to back losing seasons for the first time in about 25 years then that could be a great reason to be given a pink slip.
    Just remember Les Steckel lasted one season with his 3-13 season, so far Frazier hasn't reached the 3 game mark so if he has a worse season then he definitely should go and be villified in the same way as Steckel has ever since.
    +1 Anglo, top posting sir

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    I respectfully disagree. And I think that everyone who remembers the 1984 season needs to really think about how bad that season was.

First of all, Steckel had a very different team than the Vikes. He took an 8-8 team that competed for the NFC Central title the year before (Detroit won with a 9-7 record). And he followed a coach who had pretty big shoes to fill. And his disciplinarian attitude completely lost the locker room. By week 12 they weren't even trying any more.

Frazier inherited a team that was lucky to go 6-10 the previous year, with huge holes at QB, OL, and secondary. Add to that injuries all over the place... And he had a limited offseason in which to install his new offense and defense, something that would be difficult for a seasoned coach, much less for a rookie coach. And I see (most of) the players still giving effort.

The two simply aren't comparable, so using Steckle's 3-13 record as the benchmark for firing Frazier doesn't work.

There is also the matter of contracts. Wilf is still paying off Childress for the next three years. Firing Frazier would put him in the position of having to pay TWO head coaches (and most of their staff) when they are not working for you anymore. Financially it would be a mistake.

IMHO a coach should never be judged solely on his first season, and certainly not on record alone. Our secondary is decimated. We literally have people in starting positions who were not even playing football three weeks ago. Even our shitty players are out now with Allen and Johnson going down. And despite all of that, we manage to not look like Indianapolis each week.

Our OL is one of the worst I have ever seen, and they can't even move the DL one freaking yard to get a TD. Our rookie QB is getting destroyed. And despite that, we are seeing good things from Harvin and AD. We are seeing Ponder improve every week. Jenkins is performing better than expected.

Honestly, I don't see him being fired this year, nor do I think that he should be. Now, if we don't see significant improvement through the offseason and next year, then I think the issue can be revisited.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Bill is offline Rookie
    This is not the time to fired Frazier. We have way more problems then the coach. The coach is not the problem around here. the problem is we have no football team. We have no offensive line, no playmaking WR, no secondary. It not Frazier fault. Before we starting worrying about the coach. how about the Vikes do something for once and get rid of Rick Speilman. He is the problem around here, not Frazier.

Sorry for my ranting, but i getting tired of going around the internet and seeing Vikes fan wanting coach Frazier fired. it not this board, but it other boards around the net. This board i have no problem with. so don't take it like i ranting on you guys, which i am not.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    This is not the time to fired Frazier. We have way more problems then the coach. The coach is not the problem around here. the problem is we have no football team. We have no offensive line, no playmaking WR, no secondary. It not Frazier fault. Before we starting worrying about the coach. how about the Vikes do something for once and get rid of Rick Speilman. He is the problem around here, not Frazier.

Sorry for my ranting, but i getting tired of going around the internet and seeing Vikes fan wanting coach Frazier fired. it not this board, but it other boards around the net. This board i have no problem with. so don't take it like i ranting on you guys, which i am not.
    I agree. It's unfair to judge Frazier just yet. Give him some tools for his toolbox and some time to work with those tools, then fire him if he shows nothing. I actually think he is going to work out fine, but Musgrave may have to go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast