Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Its time for a change...

"Big" wrote:
    BJ's fumble was the O-Line not picking up a blitzer. He didn't even have time to turn.
    The interception was Bethel's fault for not completing the route.
    Thankfully, the coaching staff is able to decipher what the causes of the problems were better than pissed off fans.
    Just like last week, two blind-sided hits and a tipped ball for an INT.
    Partly BJs fault, but not all on his shoulders.
    People throwing out unsubtantiated BS and calling it fact gets old (i.e., play calling).
    If you want to call something out at least do a minimal analysis of the situation instead of spouting of what you 'feel'.
    We all do it sometimes, but guess what, what many think is happening and what is really happening are two different things.
    The coaching staff, which has more experience coaching football than the majority of members have lived, is capable of doing just that, analyzing the film and doing what they think is best.
    It is not based on off the cuff feelings.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:
    Agree with everyone.

I'm sick of Brad Johnson as he and this offense is too predictable. Just put in Travaris and see what the hell happens......if he sucks to the max more then Brad--GOOD, we know we'll need to get a QB next year as well.

Why the hell do we still stick with Brad is beyond my knowledge, are we playing for the future or are we trying to win the superbowl?
    If its up to me i play to win now, not saying we would win the superbowl but how much longer is Tomlin gonna be around. Probably not long there goes our D cordinator who has brought alot to this team. You play for the present every year, why give up, get those young guys some experience. If Tavaris doesn't do that well, oh well he's got something to learn from for the upcoming years. You gotta keep your fans into to, this is a bad time, i don't if i've ever seen the dome so quiet.
    It must've been miserable to have to be in the Dome with all those buttmunch Packer fans after the loss!
    >
    No Vikings fan should have to deal with that....something needs to be done

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

"Big" wrote:
    BJ's fumble was the O-Line not picking up a blitzer. He didn't even have time to turn.
    The interception was Bethel's fault for not completing the route.
    I dont care whose fault it was!
    We just lost to the slackers and the 49ers, BACK 2 BACK!!!
    It's time for a f!!ckin change!

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

Well we had to TIVO the game today due a family Baptism.
    Then I watched the game with my best friend, who is a Packer fan.
    Kudos to the Pack, they got the job done, the Vikings did not.
    As I read this thread I too have have come to realize that change is needed.
    For all intents and purposes the '06 Vikes are done as far as a legit playoff contender. Kills me to say it, but IMO it is a fact.
    Where to start?

Coaching: There is a real lack of game play and play calling understanding. We all know Taylor can run the ball. The key is when to call his number in the proper sequence to set up sustained drives that lead to points.
    As a coach I understand that all coaches have a "formula" they feel leads to the best prospect for winning. The Viking Coaching staff misses the key to understanding how to adjust their "formula" to the game as it unfolds. The 2 challenges they called for were at best lame attempts at wishful thinking that it would halt the Packers as they drove down the field.

QB: Johnson at times seems lost and confused against even the most porous defensive teams. The Vikings can run the ball effectively, yet Brad chooses to hit check-down receivers who run routes that should be run to used to supplement a lack of a running game. For all who have called for T.Jackson to start, well now may be that time. An 8 game experience for the rookie on a team that no longer carries playoff ideas is a good place for him to begin. The talk of him being the "future QB" must be put into action on the field. The scheme now in place and run each week is well within his grasp.

LB: A glaring weakness here that can only be addressed in the off-season. But address it the Viking must. A complete lack of coverage skills combined with a consistent inability to read and pick the proper lanes for run stoppage and pass coverage have put a pressure on the DB's that cannot be continued in a successful football program.

Really all that awaits this team is an effort to salvage basic skills to be used next season. The hemorrhaging must be slowed down or the overall moral of this team will crumble at it's core and that will lead to a 2-5 year rebuilding plan that will make everything now seem like the good times.
    I have spoken and written many times about this team being "special"
    I was wrong.
    They may be "special" but in a way that shows almost all is wrong and running the wrong direction.
    On the PPO radio show Del spoke about being "scared" of the upcoming games and I just sloughed it off to being negative.
    Well Del Rio is a friend of mine, and I owe him not only an apology for casting that label on him but for me not listening to him as a member/coach/football guru.
    I really watched the trenches today. Did the slow motion/rewind study, and looked for what Del has been saying the problem is. And sure enough, it is there. Staring at me in all it's sad, glaring, below average play.
    Well those are my thoughts at the 4-5 point of the season.
    My only hope is that I am wrong again, like I was with Del's view of the Vikings.
    6-KINGS

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    For all intents and purposes the '06 Vikes are done as far as a legit playoff contender. Kills me to say it, but IMO it is a fact.
    Where to start?

Coaching: There is a real lack of game play and play calling understanding. We all know Taylor can run the ball. The key is when to call his number in the proper sequence to set up sustained drives that lead to points.
    As a coach I understand that all coaches have a "formula" they feel leads to the best prospect for winning. The Viking Coaching staff misses the key to understanding how to adjust their "formula" to the game as it unfolds. The 2 challenges they called for were at best lame attempts at wishful thinking that it would halt the Packers as they drove down the field.

QB: Johnson at times seems lost and confused against even the most porous defensive teams. The Vikings can run the ball effectively, yet Brad chooses to hit check-down receivers who run routes that should be run to used to supplement a lack of a running game. For all who have called for T.Jackson to start, well now may be that time. An 8 game experience for the rookie on a team that no longer carries playoff ideas is a good place for him to begin. The talk of him being the "future QB" must be put into action on the field. The scheme now in place and run each week is well within his grasp.

LB: A glaring weakness here that can only be addressed in the off-season. But address it the Viking must. A complete lack of coverage skills combined with a consistent inability to read and pick the proper lanes for run stoppage and pass coverage have put a pressure on the DB's that cannot be continued in a successful football program.

Really all that awaits this team is an effort to salvage basic skills to be used next season. The hemorrhaging must be slowed down or the overall moral of this team will crumble at it's core and that will lead to a 2-5 year rebuilding plan that will make everything now seem like the good times.
    I was wrong.
    They may be "special" but in a way that shows almost all is wrong and running the wrong direction.
    On the PPO radio show Del spoke about being "scared" of the upcoming games and I just sloughed it off to being negative.
    Well Del Rio is a friend of mine, and I owe him not only an apology for casting that label on him but for me not listening to him as a member/coach/football guru.
    I really watched the trenches today. Did the slow motion/rewind study, and looked for what Del has been saying the problem is. And sure enough, it is there. Staring at me in all it's sad, glaring, below average play.
    My only hope is that I am wrong again, like I was with Del's view of the Vikings.
    6-KINGS
    I read this post yesterday by 6-KINGS
    Its a Great post that I agree with.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    Where to start?

I was wrong.
    6-KINGS
    Good post, 6.
    I seem to recall hearing something about creating a culture of accountability.
    I think it's time that Childress started actually applying that doctrine and holding the team leaders accountable for how well they do their job - and neither the quarterback nor the playcaller(s) are doing their job.
    It would prevent fingerpointing and build team confidence to know that Childress isn't afraid to place blame on himself and his QB.
    Last year we learned the importance of leadership.
    This year we need to find some.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

I put this loss mostly on the defense. Our run defense is top notch, but God forbid we rely on the swiss cheese secondary.(See NE game) . They got toasted all game. For a long time we make average QB's into pro bowlers. Farve was getting way too much time also. We recorded ZERO sacks yesterday.

The O-line run blocks well, but pass protection sucks. Marcus Johnson is a cone out there for the D-linemen to run around.

I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    Where to start?

I was wrong.
    6-KINGS
    Good analysis...and I hope that you are WRONG too (like you usually are... )

BUT if you are right, then we should throw Tarvaris in now and give him his own BAPTISM...by fire!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    Where to start?

I was wrong.
    6-KINGS
    Good analysis...and I hope that you are WRONG too (like you usually are... )

BUT if you are right, then we should throw Tarvaris in now and give him his own BAPTISM...by fire!
    I think he is still not 100% from an article last week it said it will take his knee all season to get to 100% we may just need to put some faith in Bollinger I guess.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

After getting almost 24 hours to think about it, I really think yesterday was afwul. I mean, yesterday I was pissed, but today I am just flat disappointed.

Yesterday highlighted the ineptitude of our offensive play. Our quarterback, our wide receivers and our o-lineman all had terrible games, and we couldn't come through when we needed to against teh 32nd ranked pass defense in the league.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast