Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Its time for a change...

I know what you're saying VTW but we got to get our rookies more playing time. I want to see more Ray Edwards and Greg Blue. I want to see what Travaris can do for this offense....seriously we won't win the Super Bowl anytime soon and I understand it's a goal every team should strive for but godammit when you are playing a 38 year old QB who's been on the sucking end for the past 3 games instead of your so call "future" QB then something is frickin wrong.

I'm sick to my stomach how poor our offense is....At this point I'd take any offense over ours in the league to score if my life depended on it.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Purplemania" wrote:
    I know what you're saying VTW but we got to get our rookies more playing time. I want to see more Ray Edwards and Greg Blue. I want to see what Travaris can do for this offense....seriously we won't win the Super Bowl anytime soon and I understand it's a goal every team should strive for but godammit when you are playing a 38 year old QB who's been on the sucking end for the past 3 games instead of your so call "future" QB then something is frickin wrong.

I'm sick to my stomach how poor our offense is....At this point I'd take any offense over ours in the league to score if my life depended on it.
    Good point there, whats the deal with no Ray Edwards he's our pass rushing specailist, we been rushing four guys getting no pressure.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

I miss Erasmus =(

Udeze has been....soso. I thought he'd be more of a monster but where is the pass rush from him?
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:
    Agree with everyone.

I'm sick of Brad Johnson as he and this offense is too predictable. Just put in Travaris and see what the hell happens......if he sucks to the max more then Brad--GOOD, we know we'll need to get a QB next year as well.

Why the hell do we still stick with Brad is beyond my knowledge, are we playing for the future or are we trying to win the superbowl?
    If its up to me i play to win now, not saying we would win the superbowl but how much longer is Tomlin gonna be around. Probably not long there goes our D cordinator who has brought alot to this team. You play for the present every year, why give up, get those young guys some experience. If Tavaris doesn't do that well, oh well he's got something to learn from for the upcoming years. You gotta keep your fans into to, this is a bad time, i don't if i've ever seen the dome so quiet.
    It must've been miserable to have to be in the Dome with all those buttmunch Packer fans after the loss!
    >
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I didn't go to the game man, I saw all from my television. I did see all the packer fans though.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"Purplemania" wrote:
    I miss Erasmus =(

Udeze has been....soso. I thought he'd be more of a monster but where is the pass rush from him?
    udeze has played great considering james has been out. i wish erasmus was hear gol darnit!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

[size=14pt]Change Has Happened[/size]

By SIA

What are you talking about, "change?"

We went off and started the season with the team playing TO free football for the most part.
    The penalties were minimal but with some mistakes being made in performance.
    But what was really happening was a slow change, a progression to more and more mistakes.

The Viking's QB, usually mistake free, has been making more TO.
    This last game, it wasn't the INT problem, it was the fumble that was bound to happen with lack-luster line play up front. Brad only had the one TO which was an improvement from the last two weeks.
    He has been feeling the pressure from the D and in the "please make a play" department.

The O-line hasn't changed, they have been average across the board.
    They are sure to get a penalty at the worst possible time in every game.

The WRs actually got a little better today, but had been getting worse to this point IMHO.
    Maybe this is an eye opener for TW!

The D is not allowed to make a mistake.
    They are under tremendous pressure. The thing that has changed for them, is the number of key players that are injured*.
    The other thing that has changed for them it the decrease in the TO.
    We started out getting some nice TO that helped our O stay comfortable.

If these thing hadn't changed, we might still be slightly above average and in the hunt for the playoffs.
    But at this time, we are just trying to get back to average.

Average won't make the playoffs and at this time, we are one notch below average, 4-5.
    Now that needs to change!

THE CHANGE has happened, we went from AVG to below AVG just like that in the course of 3 weeks.

Please note, that I have left the coaches out of this convesation.
    The players haven't made the plays.

*Key D injuries
    Erasmus James (season)
    Napo. Harris
    D. Scott
    F.Smoot (personal DNP)
    C.Greenway (season)
    Not to mention the guys that are nicked up.

I don't think we changed i think defenses changed us. 8, 9 guys in the box almost every play they don't fear us. Its 3rd and 9 and they have 9 guys in the box because we have no down field threat. Teams will continue to play within 20 yards of the line of scrimage, not worring about the deep ball because we can't convert. After one team finds your weakness they continue to copy what other teams do unless you make a change. The deep ball is very important in this game, it keeps the defense on there heals.

Those injuries you listed are all players on defense, and we are playing good on defense, definitly top half of the league. Offense is pretty much fully healthy and he can't do crap.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    [size=14pt]Change Has Happened[/size]

By SIA

What are you talking about, "change?"

We went off and started the season with the team playing TO free football for the most part.
    The penalties were minimal but with some mistakes being made in performance.
    But what was really happening was a slow change, a progression to more and more mistakes.

The Viking's QB, usually mistake free, has been making more TO.
    This last game, it wasn't the INT problem, it was the fumble that was bound to happen with lack-luster line play up front. Brad only had the one TO which was an improvement from the last two weeks.
    He has been feeling the pressure from the D and in the "please make a play" department.

The O-line hasn't changed, they have been average across the board.
    They are sure to get a penalty at the worst possible time in every game.

The WRs actually got a little better today, but had been getting worse to this point IMHO.
    Maybe this is an eye opener for TW!

The D is not allowed to make a mistake.
    They are under tremendous pressure. The thing that has changed for them, is the number of key players that are injured*.
    The other thing that has changed for them it the decrease in the TO.
    We started out getting some nice TO that helped our O stay comfortable.

If these thing hadn't changed, we might still be slightly above average and in the hunt for the playoffs.
    But at this time, we are just trying to get back to average.

Average won't make the playoffs and at this time, we are one notch below average, 4-5.
    Now that needs to change!

THE CHANGE has happened, we went from AVG to below AVG just like that in the course of 3 weeks.

Please note, that I have left the coaches out of this convesation.
    The players haven't made the plays.

*Key D injuries
    Erasmus James (season)
    Napo. Harris
    D. Scott
    F.Smoot (personal DNP)
    C.Greenway (season)
    Not to mention the guys that are nicked up.

I will agree with much of what is said here.. However, BJ had 2 costly to's in this game.. He had the lost fumble that ended up in a GB TD, and he had the pick late in the 4th that had he not thrown, we could have changed the outcome of the game.. BJ has been TO happy this season, and it is getting pathetic.. There is talk about him getting a pay raise, he should be lucky if he is still on the team next season..

There is something very wrong when you lose to San Fran, and GB in consecutive weeks to go under .500.. We are actually 3rd in the NFC North right now with having the same record as GB, and having lost 2 division games to GB's 1.. I agree with the creator of this thread in that there needs to be a change very soon..

I am throwing that whole "He is a rookie" crap out the window right now.. There have plenty of rookies that have come into the NFL and have made a difference right away.. If Tarvaris Jackson has this system down, and he is to be the future of this team, then let him play now.. What harm will it od? This season is basically over as we speak.. The Vikings can't do a dam thing against anyone.. We lost to SF, and GB in consecutive weeks, and both teams suck.. I am all for Tarvaris Jackson starting next week in Miami.. I don't want Bollinger starting for the simple reason that he is the same type of QB that Johnson is.. It is time for a well rounded QB in this system, and the time is NOW!!!!

Big C is offline Coordinator

BJ's fumble was the O-Line not picking up a blitzer. He didn't even have time to turn.
    The interception was Bethel's fault for not completing the route.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast