Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Its time for a change...

4-5, three losses in row, to two teams that are below average. Brad Johnson continues too turn the ball over. We can hardly score points, we practictly have to get luckly to score on offense. The McMillen bomb, lol. That was a free bee and it don't happen very often, not enough to win off of.

I can't pin point exactly what is wrong with the offense, we didn't drop any passes today so that wasn't a problem. We had a little running game but it seemed as though they where ready for it on every 1st and 2nd down. 9 games into the season i sit down to watch another game and its the same story week after week. I call it the "Brad Childress Story". Would it kill us to make a QB change? Put in Tavaris whos got a cannon and the ability to break free from the pass rush, maybe a guy who will take the play from childress read the defense and call an audible. I havn't seen Johnson call any audibles, he just gets up there and runs the same ole stuff over and over, those guys got to be loosing a little interest. They don't believe in it and i don't see anything changing if things stay the way they are.

The defense didn't play great but they kept us in the game. We had oportunity after oportunity to score and couldn't do it. I guess you could say had the refs not called blocking in the back on pinner we may have one that game, but week after week we'll have to continue to beat the refs, thats just the way it is as a viking fan. More often than not we seem to be on the recieving end of bad calls. So we need to score more points and more often on offense. I don't believe that will happen under Johnson, keeping him in will probably continue the three game loosing streak we are on and garunting us we won't make it far.

We have a huge beastly offensive line, they pass protect real well in the shotgun, but Johnson can't really use the shotgun. Tavaris can. He would make us much more versitle with play calling "If he knows the play book". He looked good in preseason, no plays on his wrist band, just went out there went through his progessions and threw some nice deep balls. He's a few weeks healed from his surgury. I start him next week, full week of practice. Regardless of whether he plays up to expectations or not we have absolutly nothing to loose. We got a well rounded pass blocking group of olineman who would be pumped to pass block for a guy who can give them some needed explosiveness. Free them up a bit, there constintly run blocking into 8 and 9 man fronts. There only human.

I don't know about everyone else but unless we make a change this season is a basicly over, i'll continue to watch the games because i don't miss any. But i'd rather watch us try to win with the talent we have.

threepete21 is offline Rookie

Re: Its time for a change...

I'm in, how much are tickets for the t-jack bandwagon?

"threepete21" wrote:
    I'm in, how much are tickets for the **Rookie #3 QB** bandwagon?
    There free you can get them in the lobby, Ms. Webby is passing them out.

By the way you never said what you would do? You got any ideas rookie?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "threepete21" wrote:

By the way you never said what you would do? You got any ideas big guy?
    LOL!
    Ruffled Feathers comes charging in!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I vote to change back to the old uniforms, and to stop talking about a #3 QB.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "threepete21" wrote:

LOL!
    Is he talking about my wife?
    I can't tell if I should load both barrels yet.
    LOL

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Webby" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "threepete21" wrote:

LOL!
    Is he talking about my wife?
    I can't tell if I should load both barrels yet.
    LOL
    I would say not, there isn't a Ms. Webby here.

"WVV" wrote:
    I vote to change back to the old uniforms, and to stop talking about a #3 QB.
    Thing is this thread isn't about changing the uniforms, though i agree. And as far as Tavaris goes, you don't have to discuss tavaris, if you don't want to talk about him maybe go to another thread. You can talk about how much fun we are gonna have next week, playing Miami on the road who have just won two games in a row. We're going down to there house where they had enough balls change there QB. And i garuntee there pumped. Beat one of the better teams in the league in the bears. We're gonna go down there with Johnson at the helm? Our guys are real exited.

Would it really take us an injury to take Johnson out. Like it did smoot, it took uf forever to make that change, and it took an injury. Smoot stays out and Grifin stays in he played great today. He had a better game today that smoot has had with us yet.

Change is good when things arn't going well.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Agree with everyone.

I'm sick of Brad Johnson as he and this offense is too predictable. Just put in Travaris and see what the hell happens......if he sucks to the max more then Brad--GOOD, we know we'll need to get a QB next year as well.

Why the hell do we still stick with Brad is beyond my knowledge, are we playing for the future or are we trying to win the superbowl?
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

"Purplemania" wrote:
    Agree with everyone.

I'm sick of Brad Johnson as he and this offense is too predictable. Just put in Travaris and see what the hell happens......if he sucks to the max more then Brad--GOOD, we know we'll need to get a QB next year as well.

Why the hell do we still stick with Brad is beyond my knowledge, are we playing for the future or are we trying to win the superbowl?
    If its up to me i play to win now, not saying we would win the superbowl but how much longer is Tomlin gonna be around. Probably not long there goes our D cordinator who has brought alot to this team. You play for the present every year, why give up, get those young guys some experience. If Tavaris doesn't do that well, oh well he's got something to learn from for the upcoming years. You gotta keep your fans into to, this is a bad time, i don't if i've ever seen the dome so quiet.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast