Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Showtime!!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

It's Showtime!!

"Primetime42" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

4 Keyshawn is going to be matched up with Antoine Winfield. For the sake of your season, you better hope he doesn't make a catch. If Winfield gets time to rev up on a tackle, Meshawn will be on IR.

The problem with blitzing your corners/safeties - which you'll have to do - is that both Moss and Robinson can catch-and-go for 80 yards to the house. The Cowboys are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Keyshawn isn't Moss. I mean that in good ways and bad, he ain't gonna torch Winfield to the tune of 10 catches for 200 yards.

But he ain't gonna curl up and drop when Winfield tries to hit him.

See, you forget...that there #19 is the most physical receiver in the league...like the Tuna said "He's not like the other guys that just scream for the ball all the time. He goes out there and will do the little things to help the team out, and try to EARN the ball"

i.e he blocks, Moss doesn't. He goes over the middle...Moss won't.

Call him Meshawn all you want...he don't get Alligator Arms. :wink:

Secondly, we don't blitz our corners, especially with Suck ass Tony Dixon back there. He can't keep up with the Titans 4th string bench warmers, let alone Randy Moss.

We need Woodson....though I am hoping for change, that Moss DOES go over the middle...and has his first meeting with Roy. :twisted:
    Uhm. Meshawn cried for the ball in TB, that's why he got deactivated and TRADED.

Furthermore, Winfield knocked RICKY WILLIAMS unconcious. Ricky Williams. You know, the guy who carried almost 700 times in two years? Who got 35+ attempts a game? Winfield put him on his back for a good five minutes.

Moss has been blocking and running decoy routes very well this preseason, and did so as well in 2003. Stop using old ammo to attack him.

The only thing about Roy Williams is, though he's a big hitter, he takes his eyes off the target and often likes to hit low across the legs. If he tries that against Moss...well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

It's Showtime!!

"Primetime42" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

4 Keyshawn is going to be matched up with Antoine Winfield. For the sake of your season, you better hope he doesn't make a catch. If Winfield gets time to rev up on a tackle, Meshawn will be on IR.

The problem with blitzing your corners/safeties - which you'll have to do - is that both Moss and Robinson can catch-and-go for 80 yards to the house. The Cowboys are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Keyshawn isn't Moss. I mean that in good ways and bad, he ain't gonna torch Winfield to the tune of 10 catches for 200 yards.

See, you forget...that there #19 is the most physical receiver in the league...like the Tuna said "He's not like the other guys that just scream for the ball all the time. He goes out there and will do the little things to help the team out, and try to EARN the ball"

Secondly, we don't blitz our corners, especially with Suck ass Tony Dixon back there. He can't keep up with the Titans 4th string bench warmers, let alone Randy Moss.

We need Woodson....though I am hoping for change, that Moss DOES go over the middle...and has his first meeting with Roy. :twisted:

First of all, watch vikes games in the last 2 seasons, and then tell me moss doesn't block and doesn't blcok real well. Remember when bennett had those 3 consecutive games with 60+ yard runs? Well Moss had the key block on all 3 runs. Fact is, Moss is a damn good blocker now, and i get really pissed when people who watch a few vikes games a year, say he doesn't block.

2nd, Moss caught a crap load of balls over the middle last year. Look at how many meshawn has caught over the middle the last 2 or 3 seasons, and I garauntee you that moss has caught double that amount. So again I say, watch more than a couple vikes games, before you try and tell us moss doesn't go over the middle or doesn't block.

Also, I have seen meshwan give alligator arm attempts many times while going over the middle, so that isn't true either. TO has done it many times. Fact is, every receiver does it from time to time. If they didn't, they would be injured way more often then usual.

PS: Welcome to purplepride, that should have been the first thing I said. I ask that you don't talk about our players, if you don't know anything about them, except the image the media portrays of them.

It's Showtime!!

Also, keyshawn doesn't scream for the ball?????? Are you thinking of a different WR? Because keyshawn screamed for the ball week, after week, after week in tampa, and that is why they got rid of his sorry *ss.

It's Showtime!!

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Primetime42" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Uhm. Meshawn cried for the ball in TB, that's why he got deactivated and TRADED.

Furthermore, Winfield knocked RICKY WILLIAMS unconcious. Ricky Williams. You know, the guy who carried almost 700 times in two years? Who got 35+ attempts a game? Winfield put him on his back for a good five minutes.

Moss has been blocking and running decoy routes very well this preseason, and did so as well in 2003. Stop using old ammo to attack him.

The only thing about Roy Williams is, though he's a big hitter, he takes his eyes off the target and often likes to hit low across the legs. If he tries that against Moss...well...

Realist Welcome aboard, It sure is nice to talk to folks who enjoy the game of football as much as most of US do, thanks for the discussion and good luck in this new saeson LET the Games begin...

For those about to lose we salute you

AND RANDYMOSS8404 GREAT pic man thats just the kind of stuff to get the heart pumping THANKS MAN it like magic in air beeeeeautifullllll 8)
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

It's Showtime!!

As for the game, I think we will exploit the obvious weakness in the cowboys right side of the O-line, with udeze and hovan, as well as blitzing LB's. That could be a real problem for vinny if he can't get rid of the ball quickly.

I am not worried about us being able to stop eddie, but I worry about jones. He can get to the edges of our D, that was very weak last year. I expect it to be much better this year, but will believe it when I see it. If brian williams isn't able to play, I worry about the cowboys spreading us out in 4 WR sets, and picking apart our crappy nickel and dime CB's. If they do that. I bet cottrell will blitz our LB's, to help those CB's out.

In the NFL, you never know what is going to happen, but I really don't see this as too challenging of a game, sorry cowboys fans. I say it will be 31-13

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

It's Showtime!!

Is my memory failing me or was it not Meshawn that wrote a book "just give me the damn ball" when the Tuna was coach for the Jets. Was I dreaming that, no I don't think so!!!!!

He was and is one of the biggest cry babies in the league, especially when he is not doing well and he blames everybody else. Overated and will not be the answer you are looking for in Texas.

He is a good 2nd receiver but not the main guy.

Why do you think Tampa wamted to get rid of him, high priced 2nd receiver.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Primetime42 is offline Rookie

It's Showtime!!

We can play that game, if you like...

http://www.joshlittrell.com/video/the_bull.avi

Tackles too low? We must not be talkin bout the same Roy Williams.

Also, if you read the quote correctly, you would understand that while he does want the ball, he will not take plays off (Go ahead and tell me Moss doesn't do that anymore :roll: ) And the only time I've ever seen Moss block is when he blindsides someone...and then it gets overkill on ESPN.[/img]
    [img:dcdefed64f]http://www.bluestarboys.com/prime.gif[/img:dcdefed64f]
    "Are you ready? Y all ready?...I m BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!! -Deion

It's Showtime!!

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Is my memory failing me or was it not Meshawn that wrote a book "just give me the damn ball" when the Tuna was coach for the Jets. Was I dreaming that, no I don't think so!!!!!

He was and is one of the biggest cry babies in the league, espically when he is not doing well and he blames everybody else. Overated and will not be the answer you are looking for in Texas.

He is a good 2nd receiver but not the main guy.

Why do you think Tampa wamted to get rid of him, high priced 2nd receiver.
    Your memory does fail you. Tuna was not the coach. It was Rich Kotite. Yeah, the guy runs his mouth. But obviously Parcells must think he's worth it. He hasn't made a mistake with a player like that yet, and I doubt he will this time.

And I'll take him over Galloway any day of the week.

It's Showtime!!

"Primetime42" wrote:
    We can play that game, if you like...

http://www.joshlittrell.com/video/the_bull.avi

Tackles too low? We must not be talkin bout the same Roy Williams.

Also, if you read the quote correctly, you would understand that while he does want the ball, he will not take plays off (Go ahead and tell me Moss doesn't do that anymore :roll: ) And the only time I've ever seen Moss block is when he blindsides someone...and then it gets overkill on ESPN.[/img]

Again I say, watch more than a couple vikes games, and then tell me he doesn't block. I will remember this talk and after the game, I will point out how many times I see moss with key blocks, then you will realize how good he is at blocking.

Also, every WR in the NFL takes plays off, Moss has just been the only one to publically admit it.

Just curious, how many vikes games have you seen the last 2 years? I bet 3 or 4 at most, judging by your obvious media protrayed opinions of moss.

It's Showtime!!

Man, we knew Moss was taking plays off well before he admitted it. No one had to tell me.

If you're tired, TAP YOUR HELMET!!! GET A BREATHER!!

For the record, I don't count standing in front of a 5'10" corner who wants no part of a tackle as a block. Let's see him do a crackback on a LB :P

BTW, we don't get Viking games out here anymore. Something about them losing that 1998 touch. No one wanted to see em.

JP. It's all in good fun, my man.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast