Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Showtime!!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: It's Showtime!!

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "Primetime42" wrote:
    Hi guys...Primetime here. Lifelong Cowboys fan and loving it.

Now, I hope you guys will show us better attitudes than some OTHER F2F sites...but they shall remain nameless.

I'd like to extend the invitation to our site...www.cowboysguide.com. We've got a nice little matchup this weekend, and sad to say, with our secondary in the shape it is...I feel you're gonna womp us...but I think our O will put up a fight that you will not expect. I think we might make this game a little closer than some might say. I'm going with 28-17 in favor of Minny, but this is the NFL...as you know...Any Given Sunday...

:salute:
    Dude how could you go out on a limb and say u think we are goin to beat u thats not cool at all. I dont care who the vikes are playin i always think they are gonna win. Oh yeah by the way you prolly wont put up as much of a fight on offense as you think you will. If u cant get the running game goin u probably have no chance. From what i have saw of your running game u guys are in trouble.
    I saw all four Cowboys preseason games and Julius Jones is the real deal. Not saying he's going to win rookie of the year but we have to stay on top of him. He has great speed to the outside, good cutback ability, and can hit the middle pretty hard too. And he can catch passes. He's a very versatile back and the Cowboys running game will be much better this year with him. Shutting him down is one key to this game.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Primetime42 is offline Rookie

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    "Primetime42" wrote:

Now, I hope you guys will show us better attitudes than some OTHER F2F sites...but they shall remain nameless.

I'd like to extend the invitation to our site...www.cowboysguide.com. We've got a nice little matchup this weekend, and sad to say, with our secondary in the shape it is...I feel you're gonna womp us...but I think our O will put up a fight that you will not expect. I think we might make this game a little closer than some might say. I'm going with 28-17 in favor of Minny, but this is the NFL...as you know...Any Given Sunday...

Dude how could you go out on a limb and say u think we are goin to beat u thats not cool at all. I dont care who the vikes are playin i always think they are gonna win. Oh yeah by the way you prolly wont put up as much of a fight on offense as you think you will. If u cant get the running game goin u probably have no chance. From what i have saw of your running game u guys are in trouble.
    I saw all four Cowboys preseason games and Julius Jones is the real deal. Not saying he's going to win rookie of the year but we have to stay on top of him. He has great speed to the outside, good cutback ability, and can hit the middle pretty hard too. And he can catch passes. He's a very versatile back and the Cowboys running game will be much better this year with him. Shutting him down is one key to this game.
    I'm actually a tad concerned about his ribs. Of course, Tuna won't give 2 shits and will throw him to the wolves. Hopefully he comes back in one piece. Good thing we kept ReShard Lee.
    [img:dcdefed64f]http://www.bluestarboys.com/prime.gif[/img:dcdefed64f]
    "Are you ready? Y all ready?...I m BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!! -Deion

SacredStar is offline Rookie

It's Showtime!!

This must be the Cowboy/Viking prediction thread since there are a couple Cowboy fans posting here.

I predict a great game of 2 popular teams with great fans putting on a spectacular show. I cannot predict the winner, I don't have that power.

I would like to invite you all to CowboysZone.com for discussion or simply to view the threads concerning the upcoming game. There are some valid reasons why this game could be very close. Come on over and check it out. One of the most popular Cowboy sites on the web.

Heres a forum link for you.....

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/
    [img:2dca9ca3d7]http://www.boomspeed.com/insano/ss.jpg[/img:2dca9ca3d7]

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Primetime42" wrote:

Welcome to Purplepride Primetime42 & also to SacredStar. We're a friendly bunch here and only turn on posters if they turn into trolls or have no intention of talking football at all. There's a little ribbing that takes place but not usually with any malice - enjoy your visits here !

I'm hoping that our offense will be able to take advantage of your secondary in its current state and get us off to a winning start to the season. Our run defence was the stronger part of the D last season, so it will be interesting to see if that is still the same and if we can keep Jones in check or not.
    Do you see Jones or George being the primary ball carrier this season ?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Primetime42" wrote:

Welcome to Purplepride Primetime42 & also to SacredStar. We're a friendly bunch here and only turn on posters if they turn into trolls or have no intention of talking football at all. There's a little ribbing that takes place but not usually with any malice - enjoy your visits here !

I'm hoping that our offense will be able to take advantage of your secondary in its current state and get us off to a winning start to the season. Our run defence was the stronger part of the D last season, so it will be interesting to see if that is still the same and if we can keep Jones in check or not.

I would also say welcome aborad to you Primetime42 and SS it is good to see you noticed you have been out hope all is well with you...

As TNT said this is our little corner of the world but we enjoy having folks from other teams over to talk football... NOT that I can... but there are some realy good folks here who can and do....

As AngloVike said we all can take ribbing as long as it is recepical...

anyway this is going to be a good season starter, it is kind of sad we are going to win and beat a team that has such a proud history in the NFL.... NOT...IT IS... sorry but like they say someone has got to WIN and this is the year for Minnesota...

Enjoy the game is not realy a good way to end so I would say enjoy the season and look forward to you all stopping in again...

Good Luck SS good to see you
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Del Rio Guest

It's Showtime!!

Cowboys have a great O-line. Specifically the left side. It doesn't matter who runs behind them they are bound to get a few yards. Eddie George is a 3 yard runner, not much of threat for the big one, but I can't say about the rest.

They are fast on D like we are. I think their main weekness is the secondary, just like us. We have gotten better, but I won't be on the secondary bandwagon until they really get tested this season.

If we can't get passed the hogs up front and pressure gramps he will pick us apart. All I hope for is Henderson hitting Keyshawn across the middle so hard his "I am the best Wr shit eating grin gets knocked off his face" :lol:

My prediction for the game Vikings 31 Dallas 21

Pre season is an indicator of how well Certain people are playing and Pepper is on fire.

The Realist is offline Waterboy

It's Showtime!!

The Realist here. Cool board you guys have.

I come from CowboysGuide.com where Primetime roams.

Here's the way I see it:

Dallas keys to game:
    1) Limit Moss's opportunities

2) TOP

3) Gurode/Williams matchup

4) Exploit Keyshawn/Witten matchups

With the weakness in our secondary I don't think we can come at you with our predictable base 4-3 all day. I expect BP to have a few new looks on D. Everyone expects a little 3-4 mixed in. I think he's got more than that in mind.

BP closed down practices to the media around the 2nd week of camp. He was pissed they were putting too much info in the paper. My take is he's had a month of closed practices and he's got something up his sleeve. I don't think our DL is good enough to go straight up vs your OL, so we need a few twists.

Thoughts?

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Primetime42" wrote:

Well, as of right now, Jones is listed third on the depth chart as Richie Anderson is taking on more of a role this year. The starting FB is now Darian Barnes (can't hit has hard as Jamar Martin but is a better special teamer) Anderson will get around 5 carries a game, but mostly will do what he does best; catch the ball. A LOT. Eddie will start for now, but we all know he's not what he once was. He's still a great downhill runner and will be great for when we need to grind it out. Jones, is hopefully the RB portion of what I like to call the Future Triplets(Henson, Jones, and Bryant) but I'm trying not to get overly excited.

He'll probably get around the same amount of carries as George. We're going with that Running Back by Committee ](*,)

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

It's Showtime!!

"The Realist" wrote:
    The Realist here. Cool board you guys have.

I come from CowboysGuide.com where Primetime roams.

Here's the way I see it:

Dallas keys to game:
    1) Limit Moss's opportunities

2) TOP

3) Gurode/Williams matchup

4) Exploit Keyshawn/Witten matchups

With the weakness in our secondary I don't think we can come at you with our predictable base 4-3 all day. I expect BP to have a few new looks on D. Everyone expects a little 3-4 mixed in. I think he's got more than that in mind.

BP closed down practices to the media around the 2nd week of camp. He was pissed they were putting too much info in the paper. My take is he's had a month of closed practices and he's got something up his sleeve. I don't think our DL is good enough to go straight up vs your OL, so we need a few twists.

Thoughts?
    1 is impossible, unless you get pressure on Culpepper.

2 It only takes us 15 seconds to score.

3 Interesting. This will be the only thing that can help the cowboys.

4 Keyshawn is going to be matched up with Antoine Winfield. For the sake of your season, you better hope he doesn't make a catch. If Winfield gets time to rev up on a tackle, Meshawn will be on IR.

The problem with blitzing your corners/safeties - which you'll have to do - is that both Moss and Robinson can catch-and-go for 80 yards to the house. The Cowboys are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Furthermore, Vinny is a good QB, but has a tendency to overthrow receivers - with a pair of the best ballhawking safeties in the league, this could kill him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

It's Showtime!!

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

4 Keyshawn is going to be matched up with Antoine Winfield. For the sake of your season, you better hope he doesn't make a catch. If Winfield gets time to rev up on a tackle, Meshawn will be on IR.

The problem with blitzing your corners/safeties - which you'll have to do - is that both Moss and Robinson can catch-and-go for 80 yards to the house. The Cowboys are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Keyshawn isn't Moss. I mean that in good ways and bad, he ain't gonna torch Winfield to the tune of 10 catches for 200 yards.

But he ain't gonna curl up and drop when Winfield tries to hit him.

See, you forget...that there #19 is the most physical receiver in the league...like the Tuna said "He's not like the other guys that just scream for the ball all the time. He goes out there and will do the little things to help the team out, and try to EARN the ball"

i.e he blocks, Moss doesn't. He goes over the middle...Moss won't.

Call him Meshawn all you want...he don't get Alligator Arms. :wink:

Secondly, we don't blitz our corners, especially with Suck ass Tony Dixon back there. He can't keep up with the Titans 4th string bench warmers, let alone Randy Moss.

We need Woodson....though I am hoping for change, that Moss DOES go over the middle...and has his first meeting with Roy. :twisted:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast