Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: It's Showtime!!

Del Rio Guest

It's Showtime!!

Our front four should be able to get adequate pressure on Vinny. Our O-line is just like the Cowboys and thier D is fast and extreemly quick to the ball just like ours. This game will actually be a great machup.

Hovan has been an extreem under achiever in his carreer so far and I anticipate with his weight loss, and the constant double team needed on Williams he will have a good season.

They won't bother doubleteaming him though. The left side of the cowboys D is large and talanted, but quickness is a huge advantage on size especially when dealing with the DE positions.

The short attack is scary and something that will need to be watched. I don't think we will have any problem getting to Vinny, but it won't be a cake walk.

Same with Dallas they will be able to put some pressure on pepper as well with thier very talented quick D.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

It's Showtime!!

I strongly disagree...

As I have previously mentioned Hovan is a pretty good player, but he's no Keith Millard...Allen and Adams represent the best left side in football...Udeze is a good prospect, but he's a rookie starting in his 1st game against a Pro Bowl LT who outweighs Udeze by nearly 80 Lb's

Adams has very good feet for an aircraft carrier

Hovan wont have a good day against LA

Robaire Smith (now with the Texans), who I consider to be a better player than Hovan, was absolutely manhandled against LA in the preseason..including being pancaked on a pass rush

Kevin Williams, when lined up a LDT, will see double teams all day against Walter/Johnson and Gurode.

Now, Kevin Williams on LA will be fun to watch when KW is shifted to RDT on occasion

I sense the Vikes will blitz to our inexperienced right side to try and confuse and disrupt Walter/Johnson, Gurode and Torrin Tucker

And personally, I just think its just a matter of time before Darrien Scott enters the starting line up..even when Mixon returns game 3..[/quote]

Actually I think udeze will see more time at LDE, than he will at RDE, so he won't be going up against a pro bowl left tackle as much as you think. Also I bet we move williams from time to time, to attack that weak right side of your o-line as well. Expect to see claiborne blitzing that right side as well. I just think we wil get a ton of pressure on your right side, and williams will be able to get some pressure, when he is playing RDT as well. I see parcells likes to move winny around a little, so maybe he will be roling to his left a lot, to help take some pressure off the right side???

I also like darrion scott, more than I like chuck wiley. He should be a very good player for us in the near future.

It's Showtime!!

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    I strongly disagree...

As I have previously mentioned Hovan is a pretty good player, but he's no Keith Millard...Allen and Adams represent the best left side in football...Udeze is a good prospect, but he's a rookie starting in his 1st game against a Pro Bowl LT who outweighs Udeze by nearly 80 Lb's

Adams has very good feet for an aircraft carrier

Hovan wont have a good day against LA

Robaire Smith (now with the Texans), who I consider to be a better player than Hovan, was absolutely manhandled against LA in the preseason..including being pancaked on a pass rush

Kevin Williams, when lined up a LDT, will see double teams all day against Walter/Johnson and Gurode.

Now, Kevin Williams on LA will be fun to watch when KW is shifted to RDT on occasion

I sense the Vikes will blitz to our inexperienced right side to try and confuse and disrupt Walter/Johnson, Gurode and Torrin Tucker

And personally, I just think its just a matter of time before Darrien Scott enters the starting line up..even when Mixon returns game 3..

Actually I think udeze will see more time at LDE, than he will at RDE, so he won't be going up against a pro bowl left tackle as much as you think. Also I bet we move williams from time to time, to attack that weak right side of your o-line as well. Expect to see claiborne blitzing that right side as well. I just think we wil get a ton of pressure on your right side, and williams will be able to get some pressure, when he is playing RDT as well. I see parcells likes to move winny around a little, so maybe he will be roling to his left a lot, to help take some pressure off the right side???

I also like darrion scott, more than I like chuck wiley. He should be a very good player for us in the near future.
    Udeze and KW on the strongside with Claiborne blitzing is very sound strategy, especially with the lack of cohesiveness we have with a new RT in Torrin Tucker, and Andre Gurode, a takented OG plagued with mental errors his 1st 2 seasons

To counter, Im sure we will use a TE and a FB to help offset the inexperience we have out there on the right side

This match up is similar to what I believe we will do. Greg Ellis, our strongside DE was moved out to weakside this preseaon...but the plug was pulled on that experiment.

Parcells. in his PC today moved Ellis, our best pass rushing DE, back to the strong side where he will get matched up against Rosenthal....and David Dixon will get LaRoi Glover.

When we blitz, with Ellis and Glover on the strongside, I imagine we will be sending 2nd year LB Bradie James, and a few times, perhaps Kalen Thornton, a training camp revelation, or Roy Williams

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

It's Showtime!!

The problem is, Kleinsasser/Wiggins can dwarf and block Pat Ngyuen, and when that happens, in the event our line does break down and Culpepper has to scramble, he will do serious damage with your fastest linebacker being blocked off, whether it's through the air or with his feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

It's Showtime!!

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    The problem is, Kleinsasser/Wiggins can dwarf and block Pat Ngyuen, and when that happens, in the event our line does break down and Culpepper has to scramble, he will do serious damage with your fastest linebacker being blocked off, whether it's through the air or with his feet.
    Thats why I specifically didnt mention Nguyen

Nguyen and Coakley looked like mosuitos hitting a windshield with the car driving 60 MPH last year...we just didnt have the bigger bodies

...one of the biggest reasons we have brought in LBs (Thornton, Shanle, and James) that are bigger, more physical and dont get knocked around so easy

Blitzing Nguyen is a waste..just like blitzing Coakley

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910