Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mvikes84 is offline Starter

It's sad to think this but I think Bennett should be traded.

Easy on trading Bennett. O. Smith is one positive drug test away from being suspended for a full season. Mewelde Moore just got done missing a game because of an INJURY! Plus he is still an UNPROVEN ROOKIE. I say keep Bennett.

Good point mvikes84!

I say keep Bennett, unless some team makes us a great offer.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I cant believe you guys want to bail on EJ already. Hes only in his second year, and he's barly started 6 or 7 games. Wait till he starts making plays then everbody will be all over his balls. EJ is young, he has alot to learn, hes got to learn to be more vocal. What do you expect from the dude, new defensive scheme and cordinator, hes in his second year. He's not gonna come out and play like ray lewis. Give him a chance, he is the best tackling LB we have. I dont think EJ's grow on trees so lets just be patient with him.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

I'd be happy to get a high second or third round pick for Bennet.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

mark is offline Asst. Coach

Bennett is my favorite player and I think watching him break a run is amazing but Im starting to think Smith is going to be an elite back. I dont know if we should trade Bennett but Im confident in all the backs.Hopefully Bennett blows up this week so peoples memory will be refreshed on how good he could be
    <!--
    sig -->

mvikes84 is offline Starter

thanks NeoVikes TX. mark, I would love to see bennett break a big one!

"mark" wrote:
    Bennett is my favorite player and I think watching him break a run is amazing but Im starting to think Smith is going to be an elite back. I dont know if we should trade Bennett but Im confident in all the backs.Hopefully Bennett blows up this week so peoples memory will be refreshed on how good he could be
    Mark, I'm alot like you, Bennett has been one of my favorite players on the vikings, his jersey was my first viking jersey and i had a selection. Bennett is explosives but i wonder about elusiveness and vision at times. Alot of times I see O's moves and the way he gets to the second level, i look at that and say, bennett proly would not be able to do that.

Look at bennett's first year then look at O's first year, look at bennett four years later (know). What will O look like in four years, he could be an elite RB in this league in a couple more years.

I would love to see bennett brake a long one but he doesnt have the raw tools that O has. If he had O's elusivness and vision he would be the best in the league.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Oh darn, I just read on hmmm, I think ESPN.com that Bennett is starting. You know the injured one? The last injury prone RB we had was Robert Smith. He had both knee's done. You DO remember that right??? I think Bennett is going to remind people why he is still here. Oh yeah, WHY is he starting. Well, the non-injury prone ROOKIE Mewelde Moore is, well, injured. And the druggie non-injury prone Onterio Smith is, well, injured. O. Smith did not make a pro-bowl his first year. I think it is just time, with Bennett. I love O. Smith and especially MM. I knew MM was something special the first time I saw him play in pre-season. But, imo Bennett will be the starter. We will see I guess.

mark is offline Asst. Coach

I hear what you guys are saying about his vision. I remember last year he said he cant see past his big lineman so he just looks at there feet.I really wish I didnt here him say that but I still think he is a pro bowl back.He gets the start today so this could be the last time Tice gives him a chance if he even gets more than 5 carries.Id like to see about 15 and aboud 5 or 6 passes thrown his way. By the way can you remember the last time they tossed one to him. Its on today.
    <!--
    sig -->

LETS DO IT BENNETT!!!! Show the pack who is daddy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123