Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

It's sad to think this but I think Bennett should be traded.

Bennett is still the best on the screen.

The blockers don't have to hold the blocks as long.

He gets through so fast. I still like him on 3rd and long for running and screens.

Anyway, I was the biggest Bennett supporter the whole season.

The saddest part is that he won't get a chance to show us what he can do. I am willing to believe that he is finally healed.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

You are right they are young. Again you are correct when you say they have probably not had the same three linebackers together in a full game but it gets frustrating when you know that it is the linebackers that are the glaring problem on the defense. I know they need time but it doesn't look like they are truly trying to fix the mistakes these guys are making I am sure they are but it really doesn't look like they are taking the extra strides to fix the same mistakes that are being made by these young guys game after game. If the linebacking core starts clicking then I guarantee the rest of the defense will look better. Unfortunately right now everyone is having to try to cover for the mistakes these young guys are making or having to worry about these linebackers not being in the right spots I think that is the biggest problem on the defense is other players having to cover these guys mistakes and also not trusting in these linebackers to be where they are suppose to make the plays. I know there isn't a lot we can do about it as you are correct they just need more time to work together but they also need to show they are making some progress and not making the same mistakes over and over and for gods sake tackle tackle tackle... That goes for the defense as a whole. What are we going to do about Claiborne he is a playmaker when he is in but he hardly plays because he is always hurt. Also my response to the original topic in this post is yes we can get rid of Bennett. Onterrio looked great last night and Mewelde showed that he can play with the big boys and then we have Moe for a another year or so and he is always reliable and steady. Bennett didn't show a whole lot the last few times he has been in and we can live without him and his salary. Pick up a experienced linebacker next year if for no other reason to add some experience to a talented but inexperienced linebacking core. What was wrong with McKinnie last night he better have a better game against the pack he outright got his ass handed to him more then once last night by that little number 93 dude can't remember his name off the top of my head.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

nothing sad about it... other than he reminds me of the honorable robert smith, i say trade him away... maybe we can get someone to replace newman or claiborne.

Maybe the Dolphins will take him? I dont know what they would give for him, but their 1st round pick would be nice. Doubt it though

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

On second thought, definitely not on that Dolphins trade..they are probably going to get the 1st pick!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Yeah the Dolphins are having a little problem this year. Now their coach is stepping down can't imagine being them right now. Who knows maybe they will give up something big to get a decent running back. Michael Bennett is still good it is just that he really doesn't fit with the plans I don't think anymore now that our younger guys have stepped up and out played him.

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

I think if the dolphins trade their pick, they should get a lot more than one player. They have got a LOT of holes to fill
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

Bennett definitely is a good back and definitely could start elsewhere but his injury problems indicate he needs to be traded. perhaps if he gets more reps he will be able to market himself to some teams for a possible trade in the offseason. If Onterrio can lay off the grass, he and Mewelde Moore will be a great combination. Definitely Onterrio will be a bright spot for the future. It is great the Vikings have been able to be so effective running the ball for most of this year without having a true said go-to back. Onterrio was laying is claim to that title before he serve the suspension. The Vikes were fortunate to have Mewelde perform the way he did especially after Moss went down in the Saints game.
    fe4c0bdee276bad61c4dc5468ded7032

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Our LB's are indeed young, and they do in fact have potential. However, this team should be looking to pull another Winfield-esque deal to get a PRO-BOWL linebacker or two. Our defense is so badly in need of dominating defensive leadership, we need to ditch the "grow the above average rookies" mentality and get out there and sign a player on the level of Urlacher, Barrow, Brooking, Zach Thomas, etc.. There's a problem when the #1 tackler on the team is a DB. We need a Top 10 MLB, and it would be a really nice bonus to nab a top-level OLB as well. We should be willing to toss out a huge contract and possibly add draft picks or other players; it's that important to defensive development. Ray Lewis makes the entire Ravens D step up to a higher level...
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

What do you think that we can get for him? He is injury prone, and a lot of teams are gonna try to get a good deal for him by making light of that. What about draft picks?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast