Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It's sad to think this but I think Bennett should be traded.

It's sad to think this but I think Bennett should be traded. Don't get me wrong, I love Bennett but Smith, Moore, and Williams are better backs than Bennett so far and can handle the load than Bennett does and we don't really need Bennett. Anybody agree?
    0fc1de3e4ff7ffe42e40bba70cebd90c

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: It's sad to think this but I think Bennett should be tra

"MossWilliamsHenderson" wrote:
    It's sad to think this but I think Bennett should be traded. Don't get me wrong, I love Bennett but Smith, Moore, and Williams are better backs than Bennett so far and can handle the load than Bennett does and we don't really need Bennett. Anybody agree?
    As long as we can get value for him and it doesn't backfire on us, then by all means, trade him. But it won't happen until next year, so we need to utilize him to our advantage and so that other teams don't think that they can just get him for nothing (remember, he was a 1st rounder and not a bust, so we should get decent value for him).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I do, I have been a Bennett suporter since the day he got drafted, infact that is when i started watching the draft, there first pick that i watched. Bennett is a great guy personally, (i have heard comments from many of his teamates that hes a great guy). I got his jersey, really he was my favorite player the first couple years but injuries kill you and other people step in and take over.

I dont believe we need Bennett, would i like him to be with the team, YES? But he knows he can start somewhere, he deserves his opportunity and surly he will get it. Onterrio fits nicely in our offensive system and Moore looks like a solid back also. Someday Onterrio could mean as much to this offense as culpepper or moss, i think he has a bright future in the NFL. I dont think the drugs will be a problem anymore, i believe it when he says he's done. He likes the spotlight and he doestn want to sit out anymore games.

scorptile is offline Starter

lol the sad thing is everyone i know said bennett was the next robert smith..well one thing that is the same is they are flat out runners....not very good at cutting or throwing off defenders...but moore, smith and williams do all those things and both moore and smith can flat out run as well...
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: It's sad to think this but I think Bennett should be tra

"MossWilliamsHenderson" wrote:
    Hey nothing last forever yea it's time to dump him. You know what the Vikings needs is a Big name Middle LB. The Middle LB sets the tone for the D.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

The only way we trade bennett and i agree with the colts fan is if we can get someone good on defense like a mlb hes talking about or another shutdown corner to add with williams and winfield.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

Our LBs really were the problem last night on D. Edge was running like crazy all night and recivers were wide open underneath our DBs. The first touchdown that marcus pollard scored(when he ran into the flats) was all the outside LBs fault. Mike natteil was one that really had a bad game. Wish raonall wasn't hurt again, he was staring to make some plays.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

LBs are young, so we gotta cut them some slack...plus they were playing against a QB that can pick anyone apart...it is not like Peyton had 400 yards, so overall the LBs and DBs didn't do too bad. The real problem was the mistakes that the team made...missed tackles, burning timeouts unnecessarily, stupid penalties...we cannot beat anyone if we don't stop beating ourselves.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Yes our linebackers are young but they are really what is not clicking on defense. Granted I know a lot has to do with injury. Clairborne is he ever going to play again too bad he is always hurt because he makes a lot of plays when he is in. He would have been a asset last night. The sad part is Chavous and Brian Russell aren't able to do what they did last year because they are always having to help cover the linebackers mistakes. We haven't hear a lot about Russell and Chavous making very many plays. I don't care what they do if they practice the linebackers 24/7 or whatever it takes they need to play better or we aren't going to go very far this year again and we are going to have a repeat of last year. Who is our linebackers coach perhaps he needs to go because he doesn't seem to be able to help correct the mistakes that are being made by the linebacking core week in and week out. Other areas have had to make due with injuries and stepping up there play but this linebacking core just can't seem to get the job done.

"little redhead" wrote:
    Yes our linebackers are young but they are really what is not clicking on defense. Granted I know a lot has to do with injury. Clairborne is he ever going to play again too bad he is always hurt because he makes a lot of plays when he is in. He would have been a asset last night. The sad part is Chavous and Brian Russell aren't able to do what they did last year because they are always having to help cover the linebackers mistakes. We haven't hear a lot about Russell and Chavous making very many plays. I don't care what they do if they practice the linebackers 24/7 or whatever it takes they need to play better or we aren't going to go very far this year again and we are going to have a repeat of last year. Who is our linebackers coach perhaps he needs to go because he doesn't seem to be able to help correct the mistakes that are being made by the linebacking core week in and week out. Other areas have had to make due with injuries and stepping up there play but this linebacking core just can't seem to get the job done.
    Have we even had the same three LBs in more than one game playing together...it seems that every week, we have one or another out because of injury...part of the problem has to be that they are not used to playing together as a unit...I would have to agree that they need to practice more, but I would focus the practices on Tackling, Tackling, Tackling!!!

The linebacker corps needs to develop, but that will only really happen with game experience (unfortunately)...we are experiencing growing pains and that is inevitable with such a young D...I have heard it said that a defense cannot be cobbled together, that it only gets better with playing together, so once they get some games under their belts as a UNIT, we will see a rise in their level of play...I could care less where they are ranked at the end of the year, I am more concerned with the level that they are playing come playoff time...if they can step it up and perform like a top 10 defense when it counts (with the season under their belts), we could go a long way into the playoffs...the thing that we need the most is for them to be healthy come playoff time...injuries are always the difference maker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast