Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Its over all, 1984 all over again, 3-13?

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    I'll be back on my bar stool next week as well, looking for something positive to build on....rest assured, but if the Vikes at least had Les Steckel there might be some discipline. The players are already quitting on Tice. BJ is great, but how many games is he going to last behind the o line? And then what Shawn Hill?
    Now that's what I like to hear, except for Les Steckel, the part that the players are quitting on him & the last part in reference to SW. I think that name has been stricken from this forum, at least by 6 from what I understand.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "umaguma1979" wrote:
    The last time we lost starting a Qb and were 2-5 with a suspect head coach was in 1984 with Les Steckel. Looks like we heading that way again.....sorry guys, but its over.
    THIS IS NOT 1984! GET OVER IT! AND TICE IS NOT STECKEL!

Until we actually go 3-13, don't say it's over. It ain't over til it's over & that's in 9 more weeks.

What makes you think the team is going to mutiny? Because players got injured? That's one of the most absurd things I've heard on this forum.

Look around the league at the back-up QB's! You should be thankful we have a veteran backup QB with as much experience as Brad instead of some rookie.

Injuries happen, that's part of the game. Some teams have more than their share. There is no one to blame!

Everytime we lose the threads pop-up, It's over, Bench this guy, start this guy, who should we take with the 1st pick in the draft? Trade this guy, Cut this guy & Who should be our next head coach?

I typically avoid those posts as much as possible, but some things need to be said.

Next week, I'll be sitting in the Metrodome cheering on my team to win & many others will be doing the same in front of their T.V.s.

I expect that because you KNOW this season is over, you'll be doing something else!

I know it's frustrating that were not having the picture perfect season a lot of people thought we'd have and it's easy for people to get all negative, but we are still Vikings fans & if we don't have the best playing team in the NFL right now, I'd like us to at least try to have the best fans!

Rant over!

(I'm sorry, I don't want to offend anyone, but I'd like to post my feelings as well)
    Nice rant Singer, I would have to agree with you!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Reality bites.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

if culpepper is done, we are done. simple as that.
    We're bringing purple back.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Thats true man.......and sad....Pep's a really good guy.

LunchBox is offline Rookie

The really sucky thing is not that we're 2-5, but that we've been BLOWN OUT all 4 times on the road. We're a much worse team than the Packers right now. We've given up 90 (!!) more points than we've scored 103-193. The 1-6 Packers have actually out-scored their opponents 158-139! At least it's extra fun that the Pack lose another heartbreaker every week!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"midgensa" wrote:
    Yay, another week of these posts ... until we beat the Lions next week and everyone says, maybe we can get going ... and then we lose on the road to someone and everyone says we will lose the rest of our games ... and then we win at home again and everyone (everyone being people who have never posted until they come on here after a loss to tell us how bad it is) will be saying here we go ... I think you get the picture.
    Sure we are not looking that good. But to honestly say we will only win one more game when we still have five contests in the dome including against the Brown, Bears, Lions and Rams ... is a little doom and gloom I think ... but I guess those that have been here a couple of years are used to it ... Ill be used to it next season.
    I just wanted to point out the obvious...it isn't so much that we lost, it's HOW we lost. We got blown out...and we've been blown out by every decent team we've played against. We weren't even competative. We didn't even make a game of it...we simply rolled over and died.

We did it against Cincinnati.
    We did it against Atlanta.
    We did it against Chicago.
    We did it against Carolina.

None of those games were even close. In each of them, we shot ourselves in the foot...repeatedly...then reloaded and did it again.

Is it really "over"? I don't know. All I know is that I'll be watching again next week...and the week after that, and the week after that, waiting for something to happen. Waiting for the TEAM that is represented on paper to make an appearance. And, if it doesn't happen, I'll get all psyched up over the changes the Vikes make in the off-season, and do it all over again.

What else can I do? I'm a Viking fan...it goes with the turf.

Caine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123