Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Packer collapse!

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Here is the perfect example of a hopeful purple blinded fan, and a hopeful realistic fan... Skol, thanks for being realistic...
    You watch the collapse and make sure you come back and give me my props!!!! The Tax man is coming and the Packers have a big bill.

MEN WE STAY THE COURSE!!!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

It's our division! The other teams get ready to pay the TAX!

"superior230bartime" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    The Pack will be a factor, although their schedule is definitely tougher. I think they'll beat the Rams at home (but we can always hope they won't).
    The Packers will also beat Philly this year in Philly. They'll probably have a let down on some other game that they should win but they will definitely win this game.
    Philly is better this year than last... I'm not sure if that's true about the Pack. Philly is clearly the class of the NFC, with the distant followers: Falcons, Vikes, Pack followed by Seattle and St. Louis. There's not a team in the league that would be favored going into Philly, Pack included.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

It would be very possible for the Vikings to win out this year. It would be nice to see - although I doubt it would stop the "You always choke" crowd from blathering on. It would also be possible for us to lose out. After all, remember last year when we lost to Oakland, San Diego, and Arizona?

As for Green Bay, the only team they've beaten with a winning record IS Minnesota - and that was due to the Officials (Sorry, still a sore point with me, especially when I hear about how the "Pack is on a rampage"). I could see them going 10-6/9-7 if everything goes well for them. Frustratingly, everything seems to go well for them in the latter part of the season year after year...

Favre tends to get hot in the latter part of the year and win games he's supposed to lose. last year, they benefitted from having the weak part of their schedule at the end...this year, they don't. But, I still don't count them out (Although I'd LIKE to). Favre isn't going to the Hall for being a mediocre player - he's still a force, and one that can make things happen.

There's still a lot of Football left, and things can go either way - cliche, but true.

As for the "Packers are Overachieving" comment, I wouldn't say that. As I mentioned above, they've beaten a bunch of losing teams. I thought Houston would beat them, but then they folded.

On PAPER, Minnesota should end up 12-4/11-5 with Green Bay 10-6/9-7. Of course, that same paper says our Defense should dominate, but we've seen that fall flat...

It ain't over 'till it's over. Arizona proved that to us last year.

Caine

gang_green is offline Training Camp

"Caine" wrote:
    As for Green Bay, the only team they've beaten with a winning record IS Minnesota

As for the "Packers are Overachieving" comment, I wouldn't say that. As I mentioned above, they've beaten a bunch of losing teams.

What's your point? How many teams with winning records have the Vikings beaten this year?

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Here is the perfect example of a hopeful purple blinded fan, and a hopeful realistic fan... Skol, thanks for being realistic...
    MAXIPAD and superior230bartime #-o where you all been.... :cheese: long time no smack :violent3: hope all is well with you and the little cheese curls :blackeye: but the VIKES are going to take the NFC this year :hello1: you all should just come out of the closet and admit you are viking fans we would NOT :violent1: you for it....

beside you all want to be on the winning team right :wink:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"gang_green" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    As for Green Bay, the only team they've beaten with a winning record IS Minnesota

As for the "Packers are Overachieving" comment, I wouldn't say that. As I mentioned above, they've beaten a bunch of losing teams.

What's your point? How many teams with winning records have the Vikings beaten this year?
    Seems simple to me, dipsh*t...The Packers aren't overachieving because every team that they beat, they were expected to beat (including the Vikings)...he wasn't dissing the Pack with that comment, only analyzing the statement made by many in the media as well as many on this board.

So stop trying to read Pack bashing into everything, dumbass...Where the F*CK have you been hiding anyway, troll?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

thats a lot of little face guys in one post. I dont see the vikes running the table nor the pack. I think we will win in the dome against the pack and we will BOTH finish at 10-6 with us getting the go due to conference record. 10-6 will be enought for both of us to get in and i would truly love to see GB @ mn in round one, i can only imagine the price of those tickets. But we all speculate and none of it matters because we dont play the game
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

"SKOL" wrote:
    "superior230bartime" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    The Pack will be a factor, although their schedule is definitely tougher. I think they'll beat the Rams at home (but we can always hope they won't).
    The Packers will also beat Philly this year in Philly. They'll probably have a let down on some other game that they should win but they will definitely win this game.
    Philly is better this year than last... I'm not sure if that's true about the Pack. Philly is clearly the class of the NFC, with the distant followers: Falcons, Vikes, Pack followed by Seattle and St. Louis. There's not a team in the league that would be favored going into Philly, Pack included.
    I never said they would be favored to win. I know that won't happen. I said they will win which will just make my prediciton more bold of one when it happens.
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

gang_green is offline Training Camp

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Seems simple to me, dipsh*t...The Packers aren't overachieving because every team that they beat, they were expected to beat (including the Vikings)...he wasn't dissing the Pack with that comment, only analyzing the statement made by many in the media as well as many on this board.

So stop trying to read Pack bashing into everything, dumbass...Where the F*CK have you been hiding anyway, troll?
    I was asking a serious question....I wanted to know how he was justifying that the Vikings should finish 1-2 games above the Packers on paper.

I have no idea why you had to open your yap cajun, but I haven't been hiding anywhere. I sit around and listen to whining, crying, and packer bashing from delusional Vikings fans all day at work. With them, it's all in good fun, but why would I spend my nights here doing the same. Also....unlike you, I have a life outside of this website. Isn't it about time for you to go try hitting on some of the purplepride ladies again?

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"gang_green" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

Gangrene, I think Caine was responding to some Packer blather on another thread about the Vikes not beating a team with a winning record. Do you guys have your own board? :roll:

Hey - and welcome back Casper. Nice to see ya back "in town".

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast