Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big C is offline Coordinator

It's official: Moore will be the Vikes starting RB

From http://vikings.theinsiders.com/2/310688.html. I think that's a good decision by Tice. It would be really interesting to see Bennett return kicks too. I would rather we start Bennett (personal opinion - don't bit me) but I can't justify replacing Moore either.

Similarly I hope it's Raonal Smith's job to lose the Weak side LB when Claiborn is healthy.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Moore Of The Same At Running Back
    By Viking Update Staff
    Date: Oct 25, 2004

How many legitimate starters do the Vikings have at running back? With all of them healthy, they probably have at least three, but when the choice is Mewelde Moore or Michael Bennett, head coach Mike Tice knows which one he is choosing right now.

Intro to the article, I like the last two words.

RIGHT NOW!

It may change from week to week???

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: It's official: Moore will be the Vikes starting RB

"Big C" wrote:
    From http://vikings.theinsiders.com/2/310688.html. I think that's a good decision by Tice. It would be really interesting to see Bennett return kicks too. I would rather we start Bennett (personal opinion - don't bit me) but I can't justify replacing Moore either.

Similarly I hope it's Raonal Smith's job to lose the Weak side LB when Claiborn is healthy.
    The link doesn't work...probably because The Insiders don't want you posting their stuff for free!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Jarhead is offline Rookie

I think it's too bad for Bennett. I hate to see somebody loose their job because of an injury.
    And, ladies and gentlemen, I also know that he cannot lead troops to victory in a war when he has made it perfectly clear that he does not support the cause. -Gen. Tommy Franks on John Kerry-

Yeah, I could never be a coach because I would feel too bad for the players and not worry about whats best for the team. I think this is the right decision, but I feel bad for the other guys. I guess thats the way it goes and things will fall into their places. Lets just keep on winning and do whatever it takes to do so!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: It's official: Moore will be the Vikes starting RB

"Big C" wrote:

Agreed. Bennett is a good RB, but it is obvious he will not be a vike next year. We need to keep him healthy the rest of the year, so he gets us some decent value in a trade at the end of the year. If it aint broke, don't fix it, thus mewelde definitely deserves to stay the starter and get the majority of the carries.

I also think raonall has earned the starting spot too. He has played very very well. Let him stay the starter and let claiborne stay on the bench. Claiborne isn't gonna be back next year anyway, especially with the way he gets a different injury every damn week!

Big C is offline Coordinator

It's NOT a subscription only article. Suprised the URL failed. Here are the contents anyway:

Moore Of The Same At Running Back
    By Viking Update Staff
    Date: Oct 25, 2004

How many legitimate starters do the Vikings have at running back? With all of them healthy, they probably have at least three, but when the choice is Mewelde Moore or Michael Bennett, head coach Mike Tice knows which one he is choosing right now.

Mike Tice has a dilemma building that will require some serious thought in the coming weeks — how do you possibly bench Mewelde Moore or, at this point, even reduce his role?

Moore got his starting job after a calamitous series of events that included a preseason injury to Michael Bennett, a calf injury in Week 1 to Moe Williams and a four-game suspension for failing a drug test by Onterrio Smith.

When Moore was given the starting job — forced into it may be more appropriate — it was because of situations beyond his control. How has he responded? By rushing for 339 yards and adding 198 yards as a receiver in three games.

There’s an axiom in the NFL that says a player doesn’t lose his job due to injury, but the fact is, over the last two years, the Vikings are 11-1 in their first six games — all without Bennett. Their record with Bennett as the go-to back is sub-.500. As for Williams, he was never projected to be a featured back. As for Smith, Tice had him rated as a first-round prospect last year, but waited until the fourth round because of previous problems with marijuana that got him kicked off the Tennessee Volunteers football team.

All Moore has done is go above and beyond what anyone could have asked of him. He’s made the job his and the question facing Tice is whether to go with the speed Bennett is supposed to provide or the success that Moore has brought to the job.

Tice pretty well answered that question today, saying Bennett will not automatically get his starting job back because the Vikings are in a rhythm with Moore.

"At this point right now, I don’t have any inclination of starting (Bennett)," Tice said. "The reality is were 5-1, we’ve got good rhythm. Why mess with it?"

Bennett will still be active and will probably see some more playing time at running back, but that will be in spot duty. His biggest contribution in the near future could be returning kicks, according to Tice. For now, the starting job is Mewelde Moore’s.

Fans can decide for themselves if that is the right choice, but the decision is Tice’s.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

i think having bennett returning kicks would be the stupidest idea ever, he is injury prone as it is, why let people come at hime full steem??? Leave that to Cambell or HOAG!!!! we need him to be worth something this offseason.
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"dart18" wrote:
    i think having bennett returning kicks would be the stupidest idea ever, he is injury prone as it is, why let people come at hime full steem??? Leave that to Cambell or HOAG!!!! we need him to be worth something this offseason.

I believe everyone was saying the same thing about cambell, yet he is now returning kicks and staying healthy. Why not let bennett try and do something for us by returning kicks? Is it better to have him sitting on the bench and doing nothing for us this year? I realize we want him to stay healthy and to have some trade value at the end of the year, but at the same time, if he can help make us better on special teams this year, then that is all that matters. We are playing for this year and to get to the super bowl this year, so worrying about getting bennett injured and him having no value in the offseason, is not something that shouldn't be happening.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Jarhead" wrote:
    I think it's too bad for Bennett. I hate to see somebody loose their job because of an injury.
    True Dat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast