Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: It's Official - Culpepper to start against Vikes

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    Well, at least pep couldnt stop scoring points for the vikes..

by way of his intentional grounding safety!

Thanks CPep
    Not to mention his usual turnovers.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    It still amazes me that he had so many ardent supporters (one only needs to browse a few pages of this very thread) and yet no one comes to his defense today.

So sad my friends.

;D (JK, I'm laughing my jiggly butt off over this one) ;D
    I'll come to Pep's defense.
    The guy is an amazing talent, unforturnetly because of his efforts in trying to get the vikings to a super bowl he suffered an injury that in just about every other scenario is career ending. Defying the odds Peppa made an amazing recovery and keeps trying. He is not the same QB as he was before the injury and likely never will be, but it is not because of lack of effort or heart on his part.

I think all true vikings fans are indebted to Culpepper for giving the vikings many wins and many many TD's. When fans turn on former players what does that tell the current players? When AD gets injured and released will everyone start rooting against him and laughing because he gave his best years to a team that could never win it all? I hope not, but based on the current fan support for former players like Moss and Culpepper that is exactly what will happen.
    How many times have you seen me get on a player (current or former for that matter)?
    In fact probably never.

I will however, get in ones ass if he turned on me or the team first.
    In this case, he has no reason to be defended.
    Most, if not all of our problems to date, related to our QB woes, are a direct result of his selfishness and lack of professionalism.

Very interesting how the Chiller sought him out on the field last Sunday, in much the same manner he did with Lord Favreeeee, to finally get to shake Culpeppers hand for the first time.

Wonder what things would have been like if Pepp would have made the trip to MN to meet the coach, get his playbook, do a bit of film study, hell just talk football with the new HC instead of hunkering down in his little strip mall workout shop in FL?
    :

To bad Pepps need/greed and desire to be somewere else prohibited that from being done and eliminated the possiblility of many handshakes over the last two years.

Very sad indeed.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:

Thanks CPep
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    It still amazes me that he had so many ardent supporters (one only needs to browse a few pages of this very thread) and yet no one comes to his defense today.

So sad my friends.
    The guy is an amazing talent, unforturnetly because of his efforts in trying to get the vikings to a super bowl he suffered an injury that in just about every other scenario is career ending. Defying the odds Peppa made an amazing recovery and keeps trying. He is not the same QB as he was before the injury and likely never will be, but it is not because of lack of effort or heart on his part.

I think all true vikings fans are indebted to Culpepper for giving the vikings many wins and many many TD's. When fans turn on former players what does that tell the current players? When AD gets injured and released will everyone start rooting against him and laughing because he gave his best years to a team that could never win it all? I hope not, but based on the current fan support for former players like Moss and Culpepper that is exactly what will happen.
    How many times have you seen me get on a player (current or former for that matter)?
    In fact probably never.

Most, if not all of our problems to date, related to our QB woes, are a direct result of his selfishness and lack of professionalism.

Very interesting how the Chiller sought him out on the field last Sunday, in much the same manner he did with Lord Favreeeee, to finally get to shake Culpeppers hand for the first time.

Wonder what things would have been like if Pepp would have made the trip to MN to meet the coach, get his playbook, do a bit of film study, hell just talk football with the new HC instead of hunkering down in his little strip mall workout shop in FL?
    :

To bad Pepps need/greed and desire to be somewere else prohibited that from being done and eliminated the possiblility of many handshakes over the last two years.

Very sad indeed.
    :
    Good post Marrdro. DC deserves to rot in Oakland.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Culpepper is a one of the biggest jokes in the NFL now. I don't even see why he has a thread on this pristine site.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    Culpepper is a one of the biggest jokes in the NFL now. I don't even see why he has a thread on this pristine site.
    Such a waste of talent as well. I really believe that 2004 wasn't a fluke and that given the right system
    (i.e a great running game, good offensive line, Correct scheme,) Daunte could still be a very effective (not great) QB.

I still wonder what could have been with Rodgers coaching/working with him.
    Again, very sad indeed when greed takes over ones better sense (i.e. common).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Such a waste of talent as well. I really believe that 2004 wasn't a fluke and that given the right system
    (i.e a great running game, good offensive line, Correct scheme,) Daunte could still be a very effective (not great) QB.

Ummmm....you left out "dominant superfreak wide receiver".

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

Ummmm....you left out "dominant superfreak wide receiver".

=Z=
    On purpose....... ;D
    He's on the team, just isn't quite a household name yet.
    Goes by the name of El Sid.
    ;D

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

pepp, was a decent QB in Minny... my problem with him was if we were down in the 4th quarter, we couldn't count on him to consistently bring us back for a victory.

However, he is the best deep ball thrower in the game.. you see that pass to curry.. put it right between two people.. and he did it many many times to Moss in the back of the endzone with inches to spare...

but eff that guy, he fumbles too much and held onto the ball entirely too long... and he thinks he's better than he is...i.e. asking for more money after that sorry excuse for a season and "after" getting hurt...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=Potus2028 link=topic=39749.msg676516#msg676516 date=1195508074]

Thanks CPep
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

So sad my friends.

In fact probably never.

:

Very sad indeed.
    :
    [/quote]
    DC gave his heart to this team. I think the Vikings made a decision that after the injury he could no longer be a franchise QB for the Vikings. That is debateble. His leaving MN was a business decision made by the team and him. What is not debatable is that Culpepper did everything in his power to get MN to the superbowl, in doing so he suffered a knee injury that he will have to deal with for the rest of his life. He was a big part of the vikings success for many years. He is a good person and has overcome alot in his life on and off the field, and for that he will always have my respect.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=39749.msg676617#msg676617 date=1195526633]
    [quote author=Potus2028 link=topic=39749.msg676516#msg676516 date=1195508074]

Thanks CPep
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

So sad my friends.

In fact probably never.

I will however, get in ones jiggly butt if he turned on me or the team first.

:

Very sad indeed.
    :
    [/quote]
    DC gave his heart to this team. I think the Vikings made a decision that after the injury he could no longer be a franchise QB for the Vikings. That is debateble. His leaving MN was a business decision made by the team and him. What is not debatable is that Culpepper did everything in his power to get MN to the superbowl, in doing so he suffered a knee injury that he will have to deal with for the rest of his life. He was a big part of the vikings success for many years. He is a good person and has overcome alot in his life on and off the field, and for that he will always have my respect.
    [/quote]
    I will agree with most of that, however, he forced that business decision by doing the following:

a.
    Refused to rehab in MN preferring to be with his wife.
    I can understand some of that, however, a major injury that will/could ruin your future, you would think he would have made a smarter decision, ruled the roost, made the wife move for a few months and do it right.
    End result, as you said, he will struggle with knee issues the rest of his life and probably more so because of the way he messed up rehabbing.

b.
    Wouldn't even take time to come to MN to meet the new HC. Total lack of respect and character issues if you ask me.
    Throw that in with the fact that he was part of the whole "Love boat deal" and you now have two character strikes against you in the eyes of the HC, the Owner and the rest of the staff which has shown the trend of retaining/wanting only high character guys.
    Very unproffesional on his part IMHO and probably the deciding factor he was shipped off to never never land.

c.
    To silly to understand that in this day and age of contracts, he can't negotiate one himself.
    Why in the heck would anybody with half a clue negotiate with a team without a reputable agent representing him?
    Probably because the ones he talked to told him his endevours were fruitless at this point.

Reading between the lines here but they probably recommend that he go to MN, meet the coach, Rehab and if able, play the year and renegotiate the following year.
    Again, all speculation on my part but tracks with some of the news articles I read during that time frame.

d.
    Took it outside the halls of Winter Park.
    Again, a very unproffesional act on his part.
    When it all started to come apart and the Vikes called his bluff and started the proceedings to shitcan his ass, he started crying to the public via emails to the press and on his website.
    If the love boat deal and the lack of respect paid to the HC wasn't enough then this was the final straw.

Sure, he probably did play his heart out and do everything in his power up to a point.
    For that I respect him.
    At the point he quick doing everything and started focusing only on himself is were the respect stops.

Again, very sad that the first time he shakes Coach Chilldress's hand is last Sunday and who initiated the handshake speaks volumes in my mind for the pride and proffessionalism the current Daunte Culpepper has.
    :

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213