dan3ski is offline Coordinator

It's official Culpepper Can't Beat the Giants!

I do not know if the 41-0 play-off game still haunts Culpepper or what but he alwas manages to play very poorly against the Giants. I was not worriedafter the turn over to start the game as the Viking's defense held the Giants to a minus ten yards. I was worried at the half as the Vikings did nothing on either side of the ball. What I really did not like was the fact in the second half the Vikings did not run a hurry up offense even when down 27-0. I think the life went out of the Vikings when Anderson missed his field goal. Warner was sacked 5 times and it did not make a difference. That all important factor of turn-overs killed the Vikings from the first drive.
    The Vikings still control thier own future this season as they still have 5 divisional games left in the second half and we should know by x-mas if they will make the play-offs. I did not realise that Red ripped the Vikings players after the Giants loss last year and if he did so again this year we may see the same results. I will say these players are supposed to be pro's and that Red's tirade last year possibly made them not care but as I said these guys are supposed to be pro's, and as pro's have to be thick skinned.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I doubt that Red would be so stupid as to do it again this year...on second thought, was he in the locker room after the game...anyone?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

wv__viking__fan is offline Starter

I just hope that we don't have Pep or anyone else say that they "should just call the giants their daddy."

Just a little joke. That was a hard game to watch today. We better get ready for the colts.
    Let s Go Mountaineers!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Well there was that one Monday Night game in 2001 (one of the only good things that happened to this team that year) where Culpepper threw for 3 scores against the Giants. Other than that, he has not played well against them.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters