Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Its offical: I'm not a fan of Wilf

It's all so new, and everything seems to be happening so fast. I'll say that I DO like the direction that it SEEMS this team is going. I like the fact that they have cleaned house. I like the fact that they're not willing to accept a member of the organazation (culppeper) to break ranks. I like the fact that they're not leaking out what they plan to do in free agency or the draft and yea, maybe they haven't handled the Tice and Culpepper situations the best....but we're only hearing part of the story, and even if they have been looking into trading Culpepper....so what....I would hope that the Vikings would be looking at every possible avenue to improve this team...no matter whose feelings might get hurt. And please..lets quit making Daunte out as the victim here...starting with his poor play, the boat scandle in which he stated that he had nothing to do with, his injury and now the emails to the media....he's far from the victim here.

Roles is offline Waterboy

Come on...what Vikings fan out there isn't just a little bit excited about this season. We have all watched the Red era, and to see all the changes that are happening now....I can't wait. I believe some more major changes will happen within the FA. Let's see how Wilf dances before the judgement...and you are telling me if you were in charge you wouldn't "clean house." There is a reason the coaches were the lowest paid in the NFL.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Tice wasn't fired he just wasn't rehired.

Childress hasn't even had an opportunity to coach a game yet, how can you judge him, how does he not fit the team.

He is going to spend.

He is going to get a stadium made.

Culpepper wants out, not much you can do about it.
    that alone should be reason for the guy who made this thread to take back his comments..that stadium is going to keep the team in minnesota forever..but i guess since he hates wilf so much, he wouldnt mind red buying the team back and moving them to san antonio
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I respect your opinion, everyone has a right to that. At least the last time I checked, I still live in America..

But let me say this, I'm sick and tired of not having a winning team, always waiting for this one to do this or this one to do that.

I said right after the boat incident, that we where going to see some dramatic changes, if I didn't please let me know now. I know for a fact I did. Wilf has a dream, as does Childress and so do I for that fact. MY dream is to see us bring home that big jiggly butt trophy so we can all hold it high and say" there, eat my shorts....."

I think this team has needed some drastic changes in the way we play as a team, players and coaches, management...Hell the whole kit and cabodall.

I've always supported the team as a whole, yes everyone has their favorite players and there are times that change will hurt some more than others. But as a fan, I cheer for only ONE TEAM.....

Wilf is the owener, Childress is our Head Coach, I back them and trust in them. I think it takes balls to do what their doing, they obviously feel like I have for awhile now... Things aren't working the way they should, so maybe it's time for a change. If that means letting some people go that maybe don't fit your ideas, so be it, bring in those who do.

I'm going to see how this season goes before I grade anybody, but I'll give them a thumbs up so far for having the nuts to do it their way, and I'm sure they want to win as much as any of us do..

Now lets get out there and build a winner............

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I disagree with just about everything you said Eyedea.

Tice was a crappy coach and we would have ended up as a 500 team again if we had to have played the real Bears at the end of the season.
    Childress is exactly what we need if we want to move beyond 500 seasons.

Second we have not had a star on this team since Moss left. With the possible exception of Sharper. But no one on offense. IMO it was Moss that made CP a star.

Do you really think the Eagles were going to be tricked into losing Hacket?? That's just silly.

They treated CP well I thought. The fact that CP wanted to be treated like a prima donna is his BS. I don't blame Wilf for not doing that. If a player says "I don't want to play for you any more" you can't put them back on the field. You have to get rid of them. That's just the way it is. The truth is IMO, Daunte doesn't want to learn how to be a WCO QB. In fact I don't think he could ever master the 3 step drop and shoot. He has never shown that he can do that. I think that has a lot to do with his wanting to leave. I think he knew he would probably lose his starting job to BJ anyway.

WWBGD

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I will try not to turn this into a DC thread.

I can agree about Wilf. That article some thought was Hate from the newspaper in MN, was actually right up your argument's alley.

The TOA in the front office wasn't willing to talk or make DC sure of his job.

Compete for the starting job, oh you are our franchise player.

We aren't going to renegotiate your contract, but we are going to give you your bonus.

IMO, anything this controversial is going to open Wilf up to much criticism. Trading away the star player, the face of the Vikings, the second face to leave in the last 2 years, is controversial. HOT SEAT!

IMO, if they want to trade DC, they need to get something significant for him or make a play for a named QB (draft or FA). But in all honesty they tried to pull the wool over my eyes last year, I didn't buy it. They can justify it anyway they want. New management, Moss was a problem, Moss was a distraction, it was all Red's fault, Wilf had to have known and OK'd it. That could have set the whole deal off if Wilf wasn't privy to the info about Toss away Moss. I for one will not be a happy camper if that happens to DC and us.

We are the stupid sheep and we will be lead anywhere they lead us. The sad part is we are thought of as sheep. DC and Moss are apparently

Good luck with the stadium!

heres the deal..have the new england patriots had any problems with guys coming in every season whining about their contract? no..and now that we got rid of the idiot that was doing that, we can go about with a classy organization just like kraft has done with new england..higher rate of success for teams that avoid these problems..just look at the eagles..they had the TO issue, their entire team offensively and defensively is merely a shell of what used to be because of problem guys like owens..we get rid of our problems and move on with everybody on board happy, and willing to work together under zygi..i prefer this over having our starting QB unhappy and grumpy all year long because he didnt get his unearned 10 mil
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I will try not to turn this into a DC thread.

I can agree about Wilf. That article some thought was Hate from the newspaper in MN, was actually right up your argument's alley.

The TOA in the front office wasn't willing to talk or make DC sure of his job.

Compete for the starting job, oh you are our franchise player.

We aren't going to renegotiate your contract, but we are going to give you your bonus.

IMO, anything this controversial is going to open Wilf up to much criticism. Trading away the star player, the face of the Vikings, the second face to leave in the last 2 years, is controversial. HOT SEAT!

IMO, if they want to trade DC, they need to get something significant for him or make a play for a named QB (draft or FA). But in all honesty they tried to pull the wool over my eyes last year, I didn't buy it. They can justify it anyway they want. New management, Moss was a problem, Moss was a distraction, it was all Red's fault, Wilf had to have known and OK'd it. That could have set the whole deal off if Wilf wasn't privy to the info about Toss away Moss. I for one will not be a happy camper if that happens to DC and us.

We are the stupid sheep and we will be lead anywhere they lead us. The sad part is we are thought of as sheep. DC and Moss are apparently

Good luck with the stadium!
    i dont see tom brady or hines ward having crazy drunken boat sex..move on, find a new "face" and have everybody on this team happy and willing to be here..i want people who value putting on the vikings uniform, not guys like daunte who took their leadership role to be a total joke

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I'm still undecided, since I don't have much to judge him with yet. But here are a few reasons that I'm optimistic about the future.

But the reasons I like him so far are:

1. He fired Tice.

2. He hired a coach with a lot of potential (jury is still out on him though)

3. He spends money and is devoted to creating a winning franchise that has character.

4. Free Agents. It hasn't even started yet, I am confident they will do a great job in this area.

5. Culpepper. Let the spineless self-absorbed walk.
    great point..i just cant figure out why so many people seem to object to having a class organization..i guess they just preferred the way red used to run things
    What exactly has he spent money on?? Weren't last years FA under the old regime/new regime?

We haven't seen anything yet really?

Like I said, I am waiting to see what we get in return for DC and for new FA in the offseason before making my judgement on Wilf. Right now, I am closer to eyedea than most of you. Wilf will have to do some wooing.

do you honestly think those moves red made werent first approved by wilf?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast