Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 97
  1. #11
    Roles is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9

    Re: Its offical: I'm not a fan of Wilf

    "olson_10" wrote:
    hey why dont we bring back red? come on, you arent a fan of wilf..lets have red come back and move the team to san antonio! awesome idea!..if you do not support a guy that is spending millions and millions of dollars out of his own pocket to keep this team in minnesota forever, then you should not be a vikings fan..i suppose you hate the fact that he said "we are going to spend the money necessary to win"..we dont have Krob signed because he is asking for rediculous money..we will get burleson signed long term..its hard ball, you have to realize that not everyone gets signed instantly..you have to look at market value and so on..besides, we can match any offers for either of those 2 guys
    Here here...Wifly is making a championship team...How many times did we make the superbowl with Red at the reigns?

  2. #12
    vikeswin2005's Avatar
    vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,641

    Re: Its offical: I'm not a fan of Wilf

    "Roles" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    hey why dont we bring back red? come on, you arent a fan of wilf..lets have red come back and move the team to san antonio! awesome idea!..if you do not support a guy that is spending millions and millions of dollars out of his own pocket to keep this team in minnesota forever, then you should not be a vikings fan..i suppose you hate the fact that he said "we are going to spend the money necessary to win"..we dont have Krob signed because he is asking for rediculous money..we will get burleson signed long term..its hard ball, you have to realize that not everyone gets signed instantly..you have to look at market value and so on..besides, we can match any offers for either of those 2 guys
    Here here...Wifly is making a championship team...How many times did we make the superbowl with Red at the reigns?
    i think that was sarcasm

  3. #13
    vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    459

    Re: Its offical: I'm not a fan of Wilf

    "olson_10" wrote:
    Daunte never made it clear that he wanted to be in minnesota until AFTER the public found out about his rediculous demands..for everything that is said about how wilf handled culpeppers situation, there is something daunte has done to deteriorate the situation as well..fact of the matter is, daunte doesnt want to be here..dauntes idea of not being wanted is the vikings not giving him an extra 10 mil..you always listen to offers for players, no matter who they are..the timberwolves were listening to offers for kevin garnett all year long..that doesnt mean a guy is being "shopped"..if somebody calls and makes a good offer to you, you listen, that doesnt mean you intend to make that trade..people need to realize there is a fine line between shopping somebody, and listening to offers..shopping somebody is making offers to other teams because you do not want that player..listening to offers is simply picking up the phone to possibly consider proposed deals..when you are listening to offers, you are not going out of your way to get rid of the guy, you intend on him being there, unless you get a great offer that cant be refused..i dont think wilf did anything wrong at all..as far as we all know, there are no reports that we made offers to other teams, just reports of their offers to us..if your idea of handling a situation the wrong way is by declining a players non deserved request for a free unearned 10 million dollars coming straight off of a potential career ending injury, then you need to rethink how you would react in zygi's situation..you cant tell me that you would refuse to answer your phone when teams are making offers for that obnoxious player that will be unhappy as long as you arent paying him the money he wants
    exactly what i was thining. Wilf has done nothing wrong:

    1. Tice was a terrible oach and had no control over the team. i.e. superbowl scalping, boat party.

    2. How does hiring a coach from a successful offense become a rebuilding move?

    3. Fran Foley has done nothing except signing offord :grin: and whittle, so its unfair to rate him, even though his ties with san diego could pursuede Brees to come here :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

    4. Koren Robinson is one of my favourite players, but he doesnt have good hands and the west coast offense is all about great hands. I don't think that koren is asking for a resonable amount of money to be a backup reciever/kick returner.

    5. He is not getitng out of his countract, he just wants a fresh start, and i think a trade would be good for both sides.

    Basically, Eyedea, nothing you said makes and sense or has any merit. Plus wilf appeently is willing to spend a hell of a lot more than old Red was.

  4. #14
    Roles is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9

    Re: Its offical: I'm not a fan of Wilf

    "vikeswin2005" wrote:
    "Roles" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    hey why dont we bring back red? come on, you arent a fan of wilf..lets have red come back and move the team to san antonio! awesome idea!..if you do not support a guy that is spending millions and millions of dollars out of his own pocket to keep this team in minnesota forever, then you should not be a vikings fan..i suppose you hate the fact that he said "we are going to spend the money necessary to win"..we dont have Krob signed because he is asking for rediculous money..we will get burleson signed long term..its hard ball, you have to realize that not everyone gets signed instantly..you have to look at market value and so on..besides, we can match any offers for either of those 2 guys
    Red bad...Wifly is making a championship team...How many times did we make the superbowl with Red at the reigns?
    i think that was sarcasm
    I understand that and was agreeing with the sarcasm.

  5. #15
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Its offical: I'm not a fan of Wilf

    I respect your opinion, everyone has a right to that. At least the last time I checked, I still live in America..


    But let me say this, I'm sick and tired of not having a winning team, always waiting for this one to do this or this one to do that.

    I said right after the boat incident, that we where going to see some dramatic changes, if I didn't please let me know now. I know for a fact I did. Wilf has a dream, as does Childress and so do I for that fact. MY dream is to see us bring home that big ass trophy so we can all hold it high and say" there, eat my shorts....."

    I think this team has needed some drastic changes in the way we play as a team, players and coaches, management...Hell the whole kit and cabodall.

    I've always supported the team as a whole, yes everyone has their favorite players and there are times that change will hurt some more than others. But as a fan, I cheer for only ONE TEAM.....

    Wilf is the owener, Childress is our Head Coach, I back them and trust in them. I think it takes balls to do what their doing, they obviously feel like I have for awhile now... Things aren't working the way they should, so maybe it's time for a change. If that means letting some people go that maybe don't fit your ideas, so be it, bring in those who do.

    I'm going to see how this season goes before I grade anybody, but I'll give them a thumbs up so far for having the nuts to do it their way, and I'm sure they want to win as much as any of us do..

    Now lets get out there and build a winner............


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  6. #16
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Its offical: I'm not a fan of Wilf

    "Eyedea" wrote:
    The whole Daunte Culpepper thing put me over the edge with Wilf and the guys he hired... things I don't agree with that he did:

    1. Firing Tice. I know this is a lost cause, trying to persaude people's mind with this one. however, I feel that Tice's last 9 games were a great job coaching. Remember, Tice and McCombs later agreed that Tice wasn't ready for a head coching job when he was hired. Then, he had to deal with a very undermanged team, with very little help from his cordinators. When he was given more help (about the same amount of help most coaches get) from Fazio, and the other guy (forget name right now), the Vikings played much better. Tice had one thing very important-- the belief of his players

    2. Hiring Childress. I think Childress is a good coach, but doesn't fit the team. it would have been a good hire if we were rebuilding, but we were a game out of the playoff last year, and should not be rebuilding. He doesn't fit the team becuase he brings with him the west coast offense. I don't think we have the players for the west coast offense/ its not our strength. Culpepper doesn't fit the offense, and he is our most talented offensive player. It seems they signed Childress to build an offense around 37 year old qb Brad Johnson. Does this make any sense? I know Culpepper is hurt, but he still has a better chance of getting us to more superbowls in the next five years. ( i doubt Johnson won't be playing in even 3 years). Defensivly, Wilf probably knew (or should have found out) that Childress would bring in Timlim, and the Tampa 2. We would have to change alot of players on defense to be sucessful with the Tampa 2. We don't have linebackers, we don't have the pass rush (the pass rush makes teh tampa two, and we don't have guys that consitently get to the qb). So now we have to draft/sign playes to fit into this defense. In conclusion, Childress wasnt a good hire because his systems don't fit the team taht we have now. it was Wilf (or Wilf's workers) taht signed Childress.

    3. Signing of Fran Foley. Wilf messed up on trying to get hacket, but instead his over aggression scared the Eagles into locking up hacket to a multi year contract. so than he brings in Foley, who I THINK (note this is purely my beliefs) doesnt like culpepper, our star player. And thus wants to trade away our star player. I also don't agree with his moves in free agentcy...

    4. Free Agents. Alot of this is based on rumors and speculation, but this is all we have to base Foley on. SO FAR, he has failed to resign free agent Koren Robinson, and made a very risky move in giving burilison a very low contract. IF we lose both these players our options are Randle El, and David Givens. I would rather have both K Rob and Bulison than Randel el or Givens. Another rumor is the signing of Ben Leber. I don't disagree with signing him, but the contract size is just idoitic, i think. He has only shown that he has potental. I havent heard many/ reliable sources reporting the Vikings are agressivly going after players like James, Wetherspoon, and others. As I said before, it hard to base Wilf, and his hirings on Free Agency, but from the rumors, I'm not impressed.

    5. Dealing with Daunte Culpepper. It can be debated if the team lied to Culpepper about them shopping him or not. But they never made a true effort at making Culpepper feel they want him. I like that they didn't give into his contract hopes, but now they are giving into him wanting to be traded. Its looking like he will get his wish. This will set a president. Now, if a player doesn't like his contract and wants out, he knows that he could get his wish. This whole situation looks bad for the team too. now, a free agent may not want to come to use because we had some problems with our players.


    I know most people won't agree with me, but this is waht i think. I hope you just consider it, and keep it in mind.

    Oh no, Wilf will be devastated! How will he sleep at night!


    Why don't you read through all the Daunte threads, and when you are done you will realize that Daunte has been basically trying to get thrown out of Minnesota since the first part of December!

    He is going to be traded, and that is reality deal with it! The same with the Moss trade, it is done!

    Whining about your opinion that Daunte was unfairly treated after 1,000 posts have been discussing it for the last 3 days is pointless!

    How Wilf dealt with Tice is his business it is his TEAM! And you can not say Tice is blameless for getting fired!


    Philly heard we were interested in their guy in Philly and resigned him, how did Wilf screw that up?

    FA has not even started yet, wait a week and see what happens!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  7. #17
    shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    727

    Re: Its offical: I'm not a fan of Wilf

    I personally like wilf, I also want to wait until after FA to see what happens, you don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and PEP brought this on himself


    Thanks PurpleMafia

  8. #18
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Its offical: I'm not a fan of Wilf

    OK, you are entitled to your opinion but your reasons seem weak to me.

    "Eyedea" wrote:
    1. Firing Tice. I know this is a lost cause, trying to persaude people's mind with this one. however, I feel that Tice's last 9 games were a great job coaching. Remember, Tice and McCombs later agreed that Tice wasn't ready for a head coching job when he was hired. Then, he had to deal with a very undermanged team, with very little help from his cordinators. When he was given more help (about the same amount of help most coaches get) from Fazio, and the other guy (forget name right now), the Vikings played much better. Tice had one thing very important-- the belief of his players
    You don't think the fact that we crappy teams in 6 of those 9 games helped? Of the other three, we got our butts kicked in two and the win over the Giants wasn't anything to brag about. I fail to see the "great job coaching" that you do.

    "Eyedea" wrote:
    2. Hiring Childress. I think Childress is a good coach, but doesn't fit the team. it would have been a good hire if we were rebuilding, but we were a game out of the playoff last year, and should not be rebuilding. He doesn't fit the team becuase he brings with him the west coast offense. I don't think we have the players for the west coast offense/ its not our strength. Culpepper doesn't fit the offense, and he is our most talented offensive player. It seems they signed Childress to build an offense around 37 year old qb Brad Johnson. Does this make any sense? I know Culpepper is hurt, but he still has a better chance of getting us to more superbowls in the next five years. ( i doubt Johnson won't be playing in even 3 years). Defensivly, Wilf probably knew (or should have found out) that Childress would bring in Timlim, and the Tampa 2. We would have to change alot of players on defense to be sucessful with the Tampa 2. We don't have linebackers, we don't have the pass rush (the pass rush makes teh tampa two, and we don't have guys that consitently get to the qb). So now we have to draft/sign playes to fit into this defense. In conclusion, Childress wasnt a good hire because his systems don't fit the team taht we have now. it was Wilf (or Wilf's workers) taht signed Childress.
    Actually we really only need an upgrade at linebacker and DE to pull off the Cover 2 defense. And we needed upgrades there anyway. You said it yourself: "we don't have the pass rush". It doesn't matter what defensive scheme you are in, you always need a pass rush. Remember, we tend to average in the lower 20's in rank defensively every year. It was time for a change.

    And it was Culpepper who forced the trade, not management.

    "Eyedea" wrote:
    3. Signing of Fran Foley. Wilf messed up on trying to get hacket, but instead his over aggression scared the Eagles into locking up hacket to a multi year contract. so than he brings in Foley, who I THINK (note this is purely my beliefs) doesnt like culpepper, our star player. And thus wants to trade away our star player. I also don't agree with his moves in free agentcy...
    Why do you think Foley doesn't like Pep? Actually there are more rumors out there about Pep not liking Childress because he felt he got snubbed by him in the draft...

    And you use the phrase star player several times. This isn't an individual game... it is a team sport. We have several other big names on our team that are just as important as Pep (i.e. Sharper, K-Rob, the Williams brothers, Mount McKinney, etc...)

    "Eyedea" wrote:
    4. Free Agents. Alot of this is based on rumors and speculation, but this is all we have to base Foley on. SO FAR, he has failed to resign free agent Koren Robinson, and made a very risky move in giving burilison a very low contract. IF we lose both these players our options are Randle El, and David Givens. I would rather have both K Rob and Bulison than Randel el or Givens. Another rumor is the signing of Ben Leber. I don't disagree with signing him, but the contract size is just idoitic, i think. He has only shown that he has potental. I havent heard many/ reliable sources reporting the Vikings are agressivly going after players like James, Wetherspoon, and others. As I said before, it hard to base Wilf, and his hirings on Free Agency, but from the rumors, I'm not impressed.
    Man, FA hasn't even started yet and you are trying to grade Foley on our pickups? He hasn't failed at anything yet with K-Rob or Burly. The Vikes are letting them test the market to determine their worth. This isn't a great free agency for WR or RB, and both positions are fairly deep in the draft. Odds are neither one will pull huge numbers, and the Vikes can keep whatever WR they want for a good price. And the rumor about Leber is idiotic. Their is no contract yet. There cannot be until FA starts. Don't believe everything you hear. And finally, just log onto ESPN.com or NFL.com and you will see plenty of information about aggressive the Vikes are expected to be in FA. If Indy doesn't resign Edge, we are the most likely spot for him to land...

    "Eyedea" wrote:
    5. Dealing with Daunte Culpepper. It can be debated if the team lied to Culpepper about them shopping him or not. But they never made a true effort at making Culpepper feel they want him. I like that they didn't give into his contract hopes, but now they are giving into him wanting to be traded. Its looking like he will get his wish. This will set a president. Now, if a player doesn't like his contract and wants out, he knows that he could get his wish. This whole situation looks bad for the team too. now, a free agent may not want to come to use because we had some problems with our players.
    When it comes to FA, $$$ talks and BS walks. This will have no effect on our FAs. Besides, what this did is show the players that throwing tantrums will not get you a bigger contract. Daunte did something stupid, and now he is going to suffer the consequences. I also think the team made more of an effort than Daunte did, but of course this could get back to the idea that Daunte has a problem with Childress...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #19
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Its offical: I'm not a fan of Wilf

    I will reserve judgment on Wilf until the end of this season...that way, I can see what all of his machinations have yielded for our team. I don't necessarily expect a Super Bowl after one year (though I would gladly take it), but I do expect to see progress. After that, I will continue to expect progress from his organization in order for me to be satisfied with his ownership.

    Bottom line...if we don't have a Super Bowl trophy in FIVE years, then I will turn against Wilf. It's simple...no results, no respect!!!

    That is why I HATE Red *blows goats* McCombs!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #20
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Its offical: I'm not a fan of Wilf

    hey, if we deal pep for a pick, we get even more cap space
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Offical TJ Houshmandzadeh Thread
    By V4L in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1535
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 01:31 PM
  2. Offical PPO Members Pet Photos
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 01:01 AM
  3. Offical NBA Thread
    By SamOchoCinco in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 12:06 AM
  4. Re: Well it about as offical as it can be at the moment...
    By UTVikfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 05:55 PM
  5. my offical , whoopdedoo , 600 thread
    By fourdoorchevelle in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 02:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •