Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: It's never been this bad!!

"VikingsMB" wrote:
    "secret" wrote:
    No I don't work with any Giant fans so that one was easier to take. We all knew Denny had worn out his welcome by then and his days were numbered. For all we know Childress could outlast most of his players. Wilf seems to be just as tight with a buck so he may not eat the next three years of the Childress contract.
    Actually, years 1 and 2 were the only guaranteed money.
    Zygi wants to win now and he is counting down to the end of December.
    Really?
    He is?
    Did he call you on your cell to tell you that?
    Or did you get a message tied to the leg of an Eagle that soared down onto your front lawn?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"secret" wrote:
    Wow I didn' know that Childress whole contract wasn't guranteed. If that's the case then he can kiss goodbye to his job. Thanks for that info. I'd still like to see him let go now so the team can concentrate on getting some sort of passing game in place. Cowler would be such a perfect fit here. I heard that he would bring the Dallas offensive cordinator with him in any job he took and then step up to the front office a few years down the road after tutoring him to be head coach.
    I wouldn't mind Marty either
    ;D sure he's known as a coach that can't win in the playoffs.. but i'd call that bad luck (he's faced great teams in Colts/Pats/Steelers everytime he's made it far), i'd take just getting there again.

Cowler bothers me for some reason :P not that i'd complain if we had him, just never been that fond of the man

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    This has been the worst year for sports if you are a Minnesotan. The Gophers football team is their worst since I can remember and that's a long, long time. Last year's Gopher basketball team was the worst it's ever been.
    The Vikings last year sucked but at least we had a bit of home. This year they are worse than last year.
    The Twins stunk it up big time this year as did the Wild and the Minnesota Gopher hockey team fell apart at the end of the season.
    The Timberwolves are 0-4 this year.
    The only bright spot (at least I hope so) is the Gopher basketball team this year. They seemed destined not for great things but some hope of improvement. Of course virtually anything would be an improvement over last year.
    I'm growing weary of being a Minnesota fan!
    Unless you cheer for the Gophers Wrestlers. They have a solid team and if you have ever heard of Cole Konrad..
    Cole Konrad graduated.
    The U wrestling team is still ranked #1, but if you want to talk about studs on that roster this season, you need to start with Dustin Schlatter and go from there.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

vikesrdue is offline Waterboy

OK, as far as the fudge packers go, the worst case is that they get destroyed in the Super Bowl. You can laugh at them after the blowout. More likely, they lose before getting there. The Vikes need to:

a) get a new head coach that can actually make his players care about the team
    b) play TJ the rest of the year to see if he is an NFL quarterback or just another wuss.
    c) if TJ sucks, draft someone with potential
    d) start to replace some of the vastly overrated(slow) defensive old-timers playing for this team.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

All I can say is, I have been a Vikings fan since 1972, and this is the worst I have seen, aside from maybe the Les Steckle debacle back in I think it was, 1983.

At least under Denny and Mike Tice, I could really get with their overall concept and understand what they were trying to do.

I can't now. The entire Tarvaris thing has been a huge disaster. Childress thought that he saw something there that all the other NFL teams didn't and all the NFL scouts didn't. I just don't get that. Of course, Peterson was a very good decision, and I have to give the Vikings staff credit for that one. But the passing game is a complete disaster. Obviously, the Vikings did not get that memo that the modern NFL is a passing league, and if you can't pass, you don't win. At least Tice understood that.

To be honest, I think Ziggy brought in these Mormons (Bevell, etc.) to restore order and get rid of that "gangster" element.

Now, our team is like Utah: clean and well-ordered, and supremely boring and predictable.

vikesrdue is offline Waterboy

Dude. I agree with some of your points but why bring up religion? It makes no sense, What makes a Mormon different from anyone else when it comes to ethics, etc?

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

at least he is being honest...

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

It could be worse ...

Nothing to do with the topic but I just wonder .Will they finish 0-16? They have the following at Eagles at Steelers vs Jets at Bills vs Ravens at Patriots vs Bengals......
    El underdog.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesrdue" wrote:
    Dude. I agree with some of your points but why bring up religion? It makes no sense, What makes a Mormon different from anyone else when it comes to ethics, etc?
    I think I understand his intent, he simply expressed it in a non-PC fashion (Which I'm ok with).
    That is to say, I hope he wasn't zinging Bevell for being a Mormon...

What I THINK he was saying is that Wilf went out and got "Character" guys - and strong religious beliefs are often associated with character - to counter the accusations of past seasons, and in doing so failed to get football guys.

Sure, Childress and Bevell know a lot about football - that's not really the issue - but one has a complete inability to LEAD a team, and the other is simply an "empty title" so that the first can call all the shots without opposition.
    And mighty successful the two have been...

And, I agree with what StillPurple said....I would have simply said it differently.

Wilf got the wrong guy for the job.
    He needed a guy who wasn't afraid to get dirty, and would kick some sense into players.
    What he got was guys who remind me of lap dogs.
    They bark and make a lot of noise, but one good kick and you don't worry about them anymore (Feel free to call the ASPCA and report my indifference to little dogs
    ).

I am not a fan of the Viking coaching staff (duh!).
    I am finding it hard to be positive and supportive of the team as a result.
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Vikings....I just hate what they're doing.
    As I took heaping piles of crap from the Packertards I work with (I live in Southern WI...do the math), I simply smiled and replied, "All you did was bring us one week closer to Brad Childress' firing".
    And that's exactly the attitude this current Viking team has instilled in me.
    I watch because I'm a fan of the team, but I count the days until the season ends and we can clean house (Ziggy, if you're reading this, I will slap the taste out of your mouth if you keep Childress another season!!!).

Caine

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

sorry caine.. but i bet with a few more wins.. Bchill is here for another year.

it'll be after the 3rd that his ballz will be slinged.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast