Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: It's never been this bad!!

"secret" wrote:
    I've been a diehard fan since the Metropolitan Stadium days and this is as bad as it gets. I felt compelled to to vent my frustrations with some fellow Vike fans. Even back in the Steckal days it wasn't this bad because we were short on talent. Ziggy should go to Bud Grant and beg him to rescue the Vikings one last time. Just come in and get us back some respectability the rest of the year. I feel very sorry for Peterson who is keyed on every single play he is out there. Plus what is with this taking him out on all third down plays. I hope that Coleman is right and Cowler will be sought out after the season is over. For now bring in someone, anyone, that can at least give the players some confidence in the passing game. We need a quarterback friendly offense and we have anything but that right now. The sad part is that we are going to win three more games and get a much worse draft choice than we could. Something that really bothers me is the Childress decision to let Thigpen go unprotected in order to protect a couple has been qb's. You watch and see that Thigpen doesn't flourish in Kansas City. How many more horrible decisions are we going to let this idiot make? Is there an email where we fans can let Ziggy know how us fans feel? Losing to our biggest rivals like this is as bad as it can get! Childress admitted he sucked as a coach today and that alone should get him fired.

The 40 to Zip BEATING we took in NY during the NFC Playoffs a few years back was everybit as painful as todays game....probably more so. I ahve been a Vikings fan probably longer than you have secretsquirrel......You have a good point though about the season overall so far. It's been one of the worst I can remember.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "secret" wrote:
    I've been a diehard fan since the Metropolitan Stadium days and this is as bad as it gets. I felt compelled to to vent my frustrations with some fellow Vike fans. Even back in the Steckal days it wasn't this bad because we were short on talent. Ziggy should go to Bud Grant and beg him to rescue the Vikings one last time. Just come in and get us back some respectability the rest of the year. I feel very sorry for Peterson who is keyed on every single play he is out there. Plus what is with this taking him out on all third down plays. I hope that Coleman is right and Cowler will be sought out after the season is over. For now bring in someone, anyone, that can at least give the players some confidence in the passing game. We need a quarterback friendly offense and we have anything but that right now. The sad part is that we are going to win three more games and get a much worse draft choice than we could. Something that really bothers me is the Childress decision to let Thigpen go unprotected in order to protect a couple has been qb's. You watch and see that Thigpen doesn't flourish in Kansas City. How many more horrible decisions are we going to let this idiot make? Is there an email where we fans can let Ziggy know how us fans feel? Losing to our biggest rivals like this is as bad as it can get! Childress admitted he sucked as a coach today and that alone should get him fired.

The 40 to Zip BEATING we took in NY during the NFC Playoffs a few years back was everybit as painful as todays game....probably more so. I ahve been a Vikings fan probably longer than you have secretsquirrel......You have a good point though about the season overall so far. It's been one of the worst I can remember.

Cheers!
    That kind of thrashing at the hands of the Packers IS as bad as it gets.

secret squirrel is offline Waterboy

No I don't work with any Giant fans so that one was easier to take. We all knew Denny had worn out his welcome by then and his days were numbered. For all we know Childress could outlast most of his players. Wilf seems to be just as tight with a buck so he may not eat the next three years of the Childress contract.

VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler

"secret" wrote:
    No I don't work with any Giant fans so that one was easier to take. We all knew Denny had worn out his welcome by then and his days were numbered. For all we know Childress could outlast most of his players. Wilf seems to be just as tight with a buck so he may not eat the next three years of the Childress contract.
    Actually, years 1 and 2 were the only guaranteed money.
    Zygi wants to win now and he is counting down to the end of December.

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

If both are facts, Zygi wants to win & only 2 years gauranteed part

Theres light at the end of the tunnel

secret squirrel is offline Waterboy

Wow I didn' know that Childress whole contract wasn't guranteed. If that's the case then he can kiss goodbye to his job. Thanks for that info. I'd still like to see him let go now so the team can concentrate on getting some sort of passing game in place. Cowler would be such a perfect fit here. I heard that he would bring the Dallas offensive cordinator with him in any job he took and then step up to the front office a few years down the road after tutoring him to be head coach.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Welcome to the site secret squirrel.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    Look on the bright side, tickets will be cheap for the games!
    Actually, I've seen the Raiders game tickets going higher than the Chargers tickets did & that is even after yesterdays game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    This has been the worst year for sports if you are a Minnesotan. The Gophers football team is their worst since I can remember and that's a long, long time. Last year's Gopher basketball team was the worst it's ever been.
    The Vikings last year sucked but at least we had a bit of home. This year they are worse than last year.
    The Twins stunk it up big time this year as did the Wild and the Minnesota Gopher hockey team fell apart at the end of the season.
    The Timberwolves are 0-4 this year.
    The only bright spot (at least I hope so) is the Gopher basketball team this year. They seemed destined not for great things but some hope of improvement. Of course virtually anything would be an improvement over last year.
    I'm growing weary of being a Minnesota fan!
    Unless you cheer for the Gophers Wrestlers. They have a solid team and if you have ever heard of Cole Konrad..

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    This has been the worst year for sports if you are a Minnesotan. The Gophers football team is their worst since I can remember and that's a long, long time. Last year's Gopher basketball team was the worst it's ever been.
    The Vikings last year sucked but at least we had a bit of home. This year they are worse than last year.
    The Twins stunk it up big time this year as did the Wild and the Minnesota Gopher hockey team fell apart at the end of the season.
    The Timberwolves are 0-4 this year.
    The only bright spot (at least I hope so) is the Gopher basketball team this year. They seemed destined not for great things but some hope of improvement. Of course virtually anything would be an improvement over last year.
    I'm growing weary of being a Minnesota fan!
    What?
    No love for The Wild?
    Made the playoffs last season, starting off on the positive side this season?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast