Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice

How can yall say Chilly is better than tice, i agree they both were bad, but Tice was WAAAAY better.. he's gotten better results with less talent... and didn't have the coaching, scouting department or money that Chilly has and he has managed to do less with all of those advantages than tice has....

AND, arguably are best players were brought in under Tice, Pat, K-dub, EJ, Winfield and sharper.... All pro-bowl caliber players...

Chilly has Peterson, and Hutch to show for it!!... I just don't see how anyone can say Chilly is a better coach.. Yes, he diciplines his players better, but as far as output on the field, there is no comparison!!!...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Wow those poll results are sad and confirm even more that a large number of Vikings fans have about 3 seconds worth of memory.

The again the poll is like asking would you like to be kicked in the nuts? Or kicked in the balls?........

Mike Tice is as much of a Twat as Chilly, only Tice got by on the coat tails of Moss and Culpepper he managed to inherit talent and waste it. Chilly has built his team from the line up.

Sadly I respect Chilly more. Tice is a blowhard.
    Childress has AD who is as much of a game breaker and game changer as Pep and Moss were. So Tice riding thier coat tails is the same as Dickless riding AD's. Tice was a better coach. But then so was Les. Its nice to finally see most of the people here know how bad a HC Dickless is.
    With all due respect to the wonderfulness that is Adrian Peterson, he's NOT as much of a "game-breaker" as Randy Moss.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    How can yall say Chilly is better than tice, i agree they both were bad, but Tice was WAAAAY better.. he's gotten better results with less talent... and didn't have the coaching, scouting department or money that Chilly has and he has managed to do less with all of those advantages than tice has....

AND, arguably are best players were brought in under Tice, Pat, K-dub, EJ, Winfield and sharper.... All pro-bowl caliber players...

Chilly has Peterson, and Hutch to show for it!!... I just don't see how anyone can say Chilly is a better coach.. Yes, he diciplines his players better, but as far as output on the field, there is no comparison!!!...
    Less talent?

You're high.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

Less talent?

You're high.

=Z=
    your high!!... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

our defense is eons better, BB is no moss neither is our QB on Pepp's level which is debatable considering pepp hasn't done squat without moss.... but that's besides the point!!..

How you figure we don't... our receivers overall are about the same, the offensive line and running backs are execptionally better...

so how the hell don't you figure we have more talent!!...

BB, Rice, wade, allison

vs

Moss, burelson, taylor

Bennett vs AP/Chester

c'mon dude do you know anything about football??.. have you even been watching the vikes??...

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

Less talent?

You're high.

=Z=

our defense is eons better, BB is no moss neither is our QB on Pepp's level which is debatable considering pepp hasn't done squat without moss.... but that's besides the point!!..

How you figure we don't... our receivers overall are about the same, the offensive line and running backs are execptionally better...

BB, Rice, wade, allison

vs

Moss, burelson, taylor

Bennett vs AP/Chester

c'mon dude do you know anything about football??.. have you even been watching the vikes??...
    Tice inherited talent and continued to play the exact same offense as Denny Green. Childress built this team. There is a difference.

I guess it depends on what you respect more. A guy who has wasted a golden opportunity with a gift he was given, or a guy who is struggling to build his team.

All this talent you rave about is here in part because of Childress.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

"Del" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

Less talent?

You're high.

=Z=

BB, Rice, wade, allison

vs

Moss, burelson, taylor

Bennett vs AP/Chester

Tice inherited talent and continued to play the exact same offense as Denny Green. Childress built this team. There is a difference.

I guess it depends on what you respect more. A guy who has wasted a golden opportunity with a gift he was given, or a guy who is struggling to build his team.

Del i understand that and credit him for getting us talent.. but that's not the point i was making... the point i was making is that Childress has done less with more talent.. period!!!...

i'm giving him credit for building a solid team.. i just think he's wasting it!!.. We should be a playoff team and should have been last year as well... there is no excuse for us to be a 500 ball club...

so yes, i think chilly has done less with more talent.... no one is questioning the talent!! and that's the whole point.. we have as much if not more talent than any team in the league and there is no reason we shouldn't be a better team that we are right now!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Del" wrote:

Tice inherited talent and continued to play the exact same offense as Denny Green.

Could you elaborate on this for me? I disagree that Tice kept the same offense and have posted articles backing it up numerous times but I would like to hear how you define the offense as being the same.

I would also like you to explain how the offense(Aside from the way the line blocks) is different from what Tice was running. I understand the terminology changes but what else changed?

As far as I am concerned the core of the team that is productive was here before Childress got here. Those players include:

Birk
    McKinney
    Pat W
    Kevin W
    Sharper
    Winfield

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Tice inherited talent and continued to play the exact same offense as Denny Green.

Could you elaborate on this for me? I disagree that Tice kept the same offense and have posted articles backing it up numerous times but I would like to hear how you define the offense as being the same.

I would also like you to explain how the offense(Aside from the way the line blocks) is different from what Tice was running. I understand the terminology changes but what else changed?

As far as I am concerned the core of the team that is productive was here before Childress got here. Those players include:

Birk
    McKinney
    Pat W
    Kevin W
    Sharper
    Winfield
    and we still don't have a QB...

Blog Entries

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Birk
    McKinney
    Pat W
    Kevin W
    Sharper
    Winfield
    and we still don't have a QB...
    Or a coach.

Blog Entries

"Del" wrote:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_26_226/ai_95676806/pg_3?tag=artBody;col1

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]
    Purple passion: enter the intense world of new Vikings coach Mike Tice as he tackles, finesses—and agonizes over—the challenges of a head-spinning first six months[/size][/size][/size]

X's and O's

We're going back to a two-tight end offense, sort of the Joe Gibbs offense, which we ran here in the early '90s. I think in a two-tight end offense you can be more balanced in your formations and you pose more problems for the defense. It's hard for the defense to decide where your strength is. Secondly, you can run the ball better out of two-tight end formations; that's a proven fact. Thirdly, I don't particularly like the "T" as a bread-and-butter formation.

How does that qualify as the same exact offense that Denny Green was running?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast