Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 127
  1. #101
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice

    "marstc09" wrote:

    I'd give anything to see 3 WRs on the field.
    Let's not get crazy...............Lorena Bobbitt could be a member/lurker here.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #102
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49131.msg868103#msg868103 date=1227453011]
    Seriously, Tice vs The Chiller.



    Go away for a week and this is the first crapping post I am forced to read.
    Lord what has been going on here.

    Of course I didn't read the whole thread but I am sure I will find junk about play calling and his how much of a players coach he was.
    Not to mention crap about how he let us (the fans via the press) know everything that was going on with the team.

    I wonder if anyone mentioned things like

    a.
    Players drafted and thier role with the teams.
    3 of the first round picks that were made under Tice are still with the Vikings today.

    Williams, McKinnie & Udeze

    Injuries is what plagued James while he was here, not talent.

    And yes, we probably should have drafted Mike Williams over T-Will, WTF was the front office thinking?
    :
    Not a very good track record if that is all you can say about drafting.

    Long story short, because they sucked at drafting in that era is the prime reason this team is so gol 'darnit inconsistent.
    Much like the Tice System (could'nt win on the road/on gras) the other being the fact that the current staffs system (not scheme) for getting them ready each and every week has a fatal flaw in it.
    This is a list of Vikings players that were here under Tice that are still here;

    Birk
    McKinney
    Pat W
    Kevin W
    Sharper
    Winfield
    Heath Farwell
    E. J. Henderson
    Anthony Herrera
    Jimmy Kleinsasser
    Kenechi Udeze

    Most of them are a big part of this team today.

    Say what you want about the draft, but it is you that advocates the coach doesn't choose the players, the scouting team & FO does.

    With that said, what differences are there in the scouting team we have now vs. the scouting team we had then?

    You're not a big fan of Jackson's, but under which coach was he drafted?
    Who said I am not a fan of Jackson?
    I am a huge fan, problem is I am not a fan of grooming him on the field under center.

    As with most rookies I think they should learn from the sidelines while the vets play.
    Teams that rely on rookies to contribute as much as this team has done over the last 3 years are teams that failed to draft well over a long period of time.

    As to the drafting prowess of the staff in Tice's era, one only need to look at how many of them even made a roster and one would see that there were big issues with that staff.
    And it's pretty much the same staff of scouts, isn't it Marr?


    Hindsight after the fact is always 20/20.
    [/quote]
    I agree, the biggest fault/problem with the Tice era was the fact that the scouts didn't know what he was looking for because I do not think he or his staff had the abiliity to articulate what they wanted.

    If he would have been a bit better in that area, like the current regime, the scouts would have found guys that fit the scheme.

    Think of it this way, if I send wildwoman to get nails she has to figure out what kindof nails I want and might or might not bring the right one home.
    Now if I tell her I am gonna finally get around to putting up the trim work and want some finishing nails that increases her odds of getting the right nail now doesn't it.

    Same applies to the coaching staff and thier end of the year player appriasals with respect to wants/needs of the coaching staff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #103
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Look further than records. At least he sniffed the playoffs and took out our most hated division rival. How has Chilly done against the Pack? Chilly 5-1 vs. Tice 5-4.
    : I would rather beat Green Bay and make the playoffs at least once. How about you?
    :
    I believe you meant to say Chilly is 1-5 against the Pack.

    Also, we beat the Pack in the playoffs under Tice.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #104
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=49131.msg868114#msg868114 date=1227454065]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49131.msg868103#msg868103 date=1227453011]
    Seriously, Tice vs The Chiller.



    Go away for a week and this is the first crapping post I am forced to read.
    Lord what has been going on here.

    Of course I didn't read the whole thread but I am sure I will find junk about play calling and his how much of a players coach he was.
    Not to mention crap about how he let us (the fans via the press) know everything that was going on with the team.

    I wonder if anyone mentioned things like

    a.
    Players drafted and thier role with the teams.
    3 of the first round picks that were made under Tice are still with the Vikings today.

    Williams, McKinnie & Udeze

    Injuries is what plagued James while he was here, not talent.

    And yes, we probably should have drafted Mike Williams over T-Will, WTF was the front office thinking?
    :
    Not a very good track record if that is all you can say about drafting.

    Long story short, because they sucked at drafting in that era is the prime reason this team is so gol 'darnit inconsistent.
    Much like the Tice System (could'nt win on the road/on gras) the other being the fact that the current staffs system (not scheme) for getting them ready each and every week has a fatal flaw in it.
    This is a list of Vikings players that were here under Tice that are still here;

    Birk
    McKinney
    Pat W
    Kevin W
    Sharper
    Winfield
    Heath Farwell
    E. J. Henderson
    Anthony Herrera
    Jimmy Kleinsasser
    Kenechi Udeze

    Most of them are a big part of this team today.

    Say what you want about the draft, but it is you that advocates the coach doesn't choose the players, the scouting team & FO does.

    With that said, what differences are there in the scouting team we have now vs. the scouting team we had then?

    You're not a big fan of Jackson's, but under which coach was he drafted?
    Who said I am not a fan of Jackson?
    I am a huge fan, problem is I am not a fan of grooming him on the field under center.

    As with most rookies I think they should learn from the sidelines while the vets play.
    Teams that rely on rookies to contribute as much as this team has done over the last 3 years are teams that failed to draft well over a long period of time.

    As to the drafting prowess of the staff in Tice's era, one only need to look at how many of them even made a roster and one would see that there were big issues with that staff.
    And it's pretty much the same staff of scouts, isn't it Marr?


    Hindsight after the fact is always 20/20.
    [/quote]
    I agree, the biggest fault/problem with the Tice era was the fact that the scouts didn't know what he was looking for because I do not think he or his staff had the abiliity to articulate what they wanted.

    If he would have been a bit better in that area, like the current regime, the scouts would have found guys that fit the scheme.

    Think of it this way, if I send wildwoman to get nails she has to figure out what kindof nails I want and might or might not bring the right one home.
    Now if I tell her I am gonna finally get around to putting up the trim work and want some finishing nails that increases her odds of getting the right nail now doesn't it.

    Same applies to the coaching staff and thier end of the year player appriasals with respect to wants/needs of the coaching staff.
    [/quote]

    Wow, I've never seen you bend logic so far in order to stick to your point.
    Time to have a Beast and loosen
    the grip.


  5. #105
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice

    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    How many of these so called players that Tice brought in are on our roster now?

    I am to lazy to look it up but i bet most where brought in or drafted by denny.

    Childress is fortunate that the Vikings have an owner who will spend money to build a dynasty.
    From day one The Zigster has said he wants to build a dynasty and not a one hit wonder.

    I often wonder how Meathead would of done with an owner like Zigmund.
    Then i realize there is a reason why Ziggy fired tice and hired Childress.

    If Tice was a good coach he would be head coach elsewhere, he had his chance and he blew it.

    Childress and company on the otherhand is building a team that is on its way to a dynasty.

    Dont forget about the contracts that were givin to the core players on this team that Childress inherited.
    LMFAO! Dynasty? We can't even finish above .500 for the last 2 years. Guess what the record is right now?

    Have you even read the thread or payed attention to the Tice years?

    Players still here:
    Birk
    McKinney
    Pat W
    Kevin W
    Sharper
    Winfield
    Heath Farwell
    E. J. Henderson
    Anthony Herrera
    Jimmy Kleinsasser
    Kenechi Udeze
    Now go back and look at which of these players you mentioned where locked up to long term contracts under Childress.
    The man knows what kind of players we need, and he is locking the core players up to long term contracts.

    And yes that is what it takes to build a dynasty as the owner has mentioned a ton of times.
    Ziggy also said it would not happen right away but it will take time to build.
    If you cant see this orginization moving into the right direction, then i dont know what to tell you.

    Funny thing about this discussion is that if the players wouldnt of made so many mistakes during our losses we would have more wins and nobody would be questioning Childress's coaching.
    WOW lock up our great players. Boy there is a concept. You must have to be a genius to do that and have a large pocketbook.
    :

  6. #106
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Brees was an option point blank. He was a FA and I wanted him to come here and watched that period very closely. He was slated to go to either NO, Miami or here. There was plenty of speculation that he would come to the Vikings because we had the money and Culpepper was still rehabbing the knee and it was unknown whether he would be able to play that year at all. Remember that he was not scheduled to start the season at all and was not supposed to be ready at the earliest until later in the season so bringing in another vet would not have been out of the question.

    What would have been the worst case scenario had we done this? That we would have potentially ended up with 2 pro bowl QB's on the roster that would have given us trade leverage at another position if Culpepper's rehab would have been successful and he came back as strong as before.
    Availability, regardless of the timing discussion, does not equate to an option my friend.

    Show me any team that can afford to put that much money (two pro bowl QB's) into that position.

    Long story short, no way in hell was it even discussed at the time because Duante was still on the roster and was still considered the future.

    Wrong.

    How many articles do I need to dredge to refresh your memory? We were looking at him. We had the money ( Red never spent money on FA so we had the cap room) we just didn't go after him.


    Also, look at the timeline:

    We traded Culpepper on march 15,2006 and Brees signed with NO on March 16, 2006.

    That means we were able to dump the salary of Culpepper while Brees was still a FA. Even if you ignore that reality there was still plenty of time to dump Culpepper after Brees was signed which would eliminate your argument.


    This whole thing has been distorted by the Childress sniffers for so long they don't even remember the truth any more. They Fucked up in not going after Brees and we the fans have been paying for it ever since.

    With Bryzzy's ability to work poison pills, deals for allen and also bringing in Berrian there is no way you can say that we would not have been able to bring him in if childress wanted him.

  7. #107
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice

    "singersp" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:

    Funny thing about this discussion is that if the players wouldnt of made so many mistakes during our losses we would have more wins and nobody would be questioning Childress's coaching.
    Funny thing about this discussion is that if the players wouldn't have made so many mistakes during our losses under Tice, we would have more wins and Childress wouldn't even be our coach. Tice would still be & Moss would probably still be here.

    I take it you forgot that Red traded Moss when Tice was still our coach?

    So how would both of them still be here?

  8. #108
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice

    "Webby" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49131.msg868127#msg868127 date=1227455777]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=49131.msg868114#msg868114 date=1227454065]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49131.msg868103#msg868103 date=1227453011]
    Seriously, Tice vs The Chiller.



    Go away for a week and this is the first crapping post I am forced to read.
    Lord what has been going on here.

    Of course I didn't read the whole thread but I am sure I will find junk about play calling and his how much of a players coach he was.
    Not to mention crap about how he let us (the fans via the press) know everything that was going on with the team.

    I wonder if anyone mentioned things like

    a.
    Players drafted and thier role with the teams.
    3 of the first round picks that were made under Tice are still with the Vikings today.

    Williams, McKinnie & Udeze

    Injuries is what plagued James while he was here, not talent.

    And yes, we probably should have drafted Mike Williams over T-Will, WTF was the front office thinking?
    :
    Not a very good track record if that is all you can say about drafting.

    Long story short, because they sucked at drafting in that era is the prime reason this team is so gol 'darnit inconsistent.
    Much like the Tice System (could'nt win on the road/on gras) the other being the fact that the current staffs system (not scheme) for getting them ready each and every week has a fatal flaw in it.
    This is a list of Vikings players that were here under Tice that are still here;

    Birk
    McKinney
    Pat W
    Kevin W
    Sharper
    Winfield
    Heath Farwell
    E. J. Henderson
    Anthony Herrera
    Jimmy Kleinsasser
    Kenechi Udeze

    Most of them are a big part of this team today.

    Say what you want about the draft, but it is you that advocates the coach doesn't choose the players, the scouting team & FO does.

    With that said, what differences are there in the scouting team we have now vs. the scouting team we had then?

    You're not a big fan of Jackson's, but under which coach was he drafted?
    Who said I am not a fan of Jackson?
    I am a huge fan, problem is I am not a fan of grooming him on the field under center.

    As with most rookies I think they should learn from the sidelines while the vets play.
    Teams that rely on rookies to contribute as much as this team has done over the last 3 years are teams that failed to draft well over a long period of time.

    As to the drafting prowess of the staff in Tice's era, one only need to look at how many of them even made a roster and one would see that there were big issues with that staff.
    And it's pretty much the same staff of scouts, isn't it Marr?


    Hindsight after the fact is always 20/20.
    [/quote]
    I agree, the biggest fault/problem with the Tice era was the fact that the scouts didn't know what he was looking for because I do not think he or his staff had the abiliity to articulate what they wanted.

    If he would have been a bit better in that area, like the current regime, the scouts would have found guys that fit the scheme.

    Think of it this way, if I send wildwoman to get nails she has to figure out what kindof nails I want and might or might not bring the right one home.
    Now if I tell her I am gonna finally get around to putting up the trim work and want some finishing nails that increases her odds of getting the right nail now doesn't it.

    Same applies to the coaching staff and thier end of the year player appriasals with respect to wants/needs of the coaching staff.
    [/quote]

    Wow, I've never seen you bend logic so far in order to stick to your point.
    Time to have a Beast and loosen
    the grip.


    [/quote]
    LOL, I know, and to think I am not one of his supporters anymore...... Not sure why I am even bothering to put forth the effort.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #109
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    How many of these so called players that Tice brought in are on our roster now?

    I am to lazy to look it up but i bet most where brought in or drafted by denny.

    Childress is fortunate that the Vikings have an owner who will spend money to build a dynasty.
    From day one The Zigster has said he wants to build a dynasty and not a one hit wonder.

    I often wonder how Meathead would of done with an owner like Zigmund.
    Then i realize there is a reason why Ziggy fired tice and hired Childress.

    If Tice was a good coach he would be head coach elsewhere, he had his chance and he blew it.

    Childress and company on the otherhand is building a team that is on its way to a dynasty.

    Dont forget about the contracts that were givin to the core players on this team that Childress inherited.
    LMFAO! Dynasty? We can't even finish above .500 for the last 2 years. Guess what the record is right now?

    Have you even read the thread or payed attention to the Tice years?

    Players still here:
    Birk
    McKinney
    Pat W
    Kevin W
    Sharper
    Winfield
    Heath Farwell
    E. J. Henderson
    Anthony Herrera
    Jimmy Kleinsasser
    Kenechi Udeze
    Now go back and look at which of these players you mentioned where locked up to long term contracts under Childress.
    The man knows what kind of players we need, and he is locking the core players up to long term contracts.

    And yes that is what it takes to build a dynasty as the owner has mentioned a ton of times.
    Ziggy also said it would not happen right away but it will take time to build.
    If you cant see this orginization moving into the right direction, then i dont know what to tell you.

    Funny thing about this discussion is that if the players wouldnt of made so many mistakes during our losses we would have more wins and nobody would be questioning Childress's coaching.
    WOW lock up our great players. Boy there is a concept. You must have to be a genius to do that and have a large pocketbook.
    :
    Tice didnt have a choice because Red traded Moss but he sure should of been more vocal about not trading him.
    Unless he was part of the reason to why.

    What was the reason Red traded the best reciever in the game?
    Was it because Tice could not keep his players out of trouble?
    I dont know but it still boggles me to why he was traded.

  10. #110
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice

    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:

    Funny thing about this discussion is that if the players wouldnt of made so many mistakes during our losses we would have more wins and nobody would be questioning Childress's coaching.
    Funny thing about this discussion is that if the players wouldn't have made so many mistakes during our losses under Tice, we would have more wins and Childress wouldn't even be our coach. Tice would still be & Moss would probably still be here.

    I take it you forgot that Red traded Moss when Tice was still our coach?

    So how would both of them still be here?
    I bet Wilf would have never traded Moss. Next time I see him I am going to ask him that question.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is Brad Childress Any Better Than Mike Tice?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 07:19 AM
  2. Mike Tice
    By jetman112 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 05:22 AM
  3. Bye Bye Mike Tice......
    By Muggsy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 10:38 PM
  4. Mike Tice
    By PhillyVikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 11:21 PM
  5. Mike Tice
    By caseman84 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 10:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •