Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings: It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice[/size]

Pioneer Press

Updated: 11/19/2008 10:58:36 AM CST

Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress will go up against his predecessor for the first time Sunday when the Vikings play the Jaguars at Jacksonville, where Mike Tice serves as assistant head coach to Jack Del Rio....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: It's Brad Childress vs. Mike Tice

Interesting.........

Poll: Whom would you rather have coaching the Vikings?

Total Votes = 4566

Mike Tice
    85.39 %

Brad Childress
    14.60 %

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:

Interesting.........

Poll: Whom would you rather have coaching the Vikings?

Total Votes = 4566

Mike Tice
    85.39 %

Brad Childress
    14.60 %
    Not much of a surprise

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The sting of Childress is current and still fresh in everybody's mind.
    The dull ache of Tice has been fading for a few years.
    So it shouldn't be a shock.

To be fair, I don't think that Tice was a better coach than Childress or vice versa.
    I think they are equally inept at the job.
    Tice was personable, but fed the egos of superstars (one of the reasons IMHO that Culpepper and Moss failed in Minnesota under his reign.
    Childress is better at keeping guys on earth, but is too stubborn to admit when his way isn't working.

I don't want either one.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Tice got into the playoffs once and beat Green Bay in the wild card round. That is more than Childress can currently say.

After four years under Tice, this team couldn't tackle, defend the pass, block, catch the ball, run the ball, throw the ball, or do any of the basics.

After two and a half years under Childress this team can tackle, defend the pass, block, run the ball, and catch the ball. We are making progress on throwing the ball. We have gone backwards on special teams coverage units. The last problem can be fixed relatively easily.

If Childress had inherited the team Tice did, the Vikings would have had much more success under Childress than they did under Tice.

Under Tice, the Vikings had the love boat scandal, and numerous other scandals. Under Childress, the Vikings have been mostly good citizens. That is translating into better discipline on the field, fewer penalties, and better fundamental football.

Mike Tice might one day become a good head coach. He just wasn't ready when McCombs gave him the reins. I like Mike Tice. He has coached offensive line and tight ends very, very well, and more.

Go Vikings!

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

Wow those poll results are sad and confirm even more that a large number of Vikings fans have about 3 seconds worth of memory.

The again the poll is like asking would you like to be kicked in the nuts? Or kicked in the balls?........

Mike Tice is as much of a Twat as Chilly, only Tice got by on the coat tails of Moss and Culpepper he managed to inherit talent and waste it. Chilly has built his team from the line up.

Sadly I respect Chilly more. Tice is a blowhard.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    Mike Tice is as much of a Twat as Chilly, only Tice got by on the coat tails of Moss and Culpepper he managed to inherit talent and waste it. Chilly has built his team from the line up.

+1

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Tice was a good OL coach but was pushed into a HC waaay too early. A few more years down the road he may make a fair HC but his inexperience and desire to be everyone's friend - especially the players and media- worked against him.
    If he had been given the money to have the amount of coaches that Childress has then he may have been able to get some experienced OC & DC to help him get through.. but that wasn't to be.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

"vikesfargo" wrote:

After two and a half years under Childress this team can tackle, defend the pass, block, run the ball, and catch the ball. We are making progress on throwing the ball. We have gone backwards on special teams coverage units. The last problem can be fixed relatively easily.
    3/4 into the season and special teams is just that special. if its relatively easy to fix than why is it still losing games? we do tackle a lot better. defense overall has gotten better. blocking is ok. passing and catching are inconsistent and very poor at times.

i liked tice as a offensive line/te coach, hes a likable guy, but as head coach he just didnt cut it. i ddnt agree with him being fired at the time based on the fact that he wasnt given a fair shot by paying for good coaches. looking back it was the right thing to do with all the garbage players were doing while he was in charge and his scalping tickets thing (which is legal now?). unfortunately replacing him with childress was not the guy i thought they would pick based on the fact that play calling was taken away from him in philly numerous times.

we need a guy that can draw up plays where two receivers arent in the same spot, a play that gives receivers a chance to get open, a play where the quarterback has a shot at making a good play. and i wish i knew who this guy was, but i want that guy as our coach.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Del" wrote:
    Wow those poll results are sad and confirm even more that a large number of Vikings fans have about 3 seconds worth of memory.

The again the poll is like asking would you like to be kicked in the nuts? Or kicked in the balls?........

LMFAO!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast