Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Its Been A Long Winding Road

Welcome back JWRulz, I guess we can't make fun of your name anymore . . .

I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

dominated the nfc north the last 3 years? Oh, Ok. I guess you have already forgotten the A** Whipping we put on you on Lambu a couple of months ago. dude, we almost made your quarterback retire.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Actually, since JWalk put it in quotes, I take it he doesn't mean DOMINATED but rather points out that the Packers have WON the NFC North 3 years running...and he's right.

Let's face it, for the last three years - and especially the last two - we've had the talent edge, but couldn't put it together. 2 late season collapses didn't help. ON PAPER we were better...in reality, we didn't live up to expectations.

Now, the game has changed somewhat. The Packers are shedding talent while the rest of the North is bolstering weaknesses. At this point, without factoring in the draft - Favre only guarantees that the Packers will go at LEAST 4-12. Give him a decent O-line and some D help and that record improves dramatically.

As much as we all bash Green Bay, and Favre in particular, the Packers have found ways to win in spite of the odds...something we haven't done. And Favre has continued to produce at a high level (Contrary to what some here think), so much so that all but about 6 NFL teams would LOVE a chance to put him in their colors.

It ain't over 'till it's over. There is a lot of time until the start of the season. I hope that what we've added will pull our team together and produce the Superbowl we've all dreamed of. And I fervently hope we not only sweep the Packers, but that we flat out humiliate them. But there are no guarantees. Arizona proved that 2 years ago...I haven't forgotten.

Caine

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

Cain interpreted my statement of "Dominance" correctly...I did not mean that the Packers came out and domintated the division, it was in quotes so interpret that we have sort of squeaked by the last 2 seasons with lesser talent.

Thats how I meant it, sorry for any confusion
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Nice to see ya again JWalk

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Good to have you back.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Vikings Fan At MSU is offline Training Camp

Re: Its Been A Long Winding Road

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    First off, I have been unable to post for a while because I just moved in to a new house and haven't gotten internet set up, I still visit the board every so often and read up on what you guys are doing, dont worry, Im still around :bootyshake:

The Vikings have taken Randy Moss' advice and have begun spending some money. They have made some good moves. I honesly believe the best move has been Pat Williams. He gives you guys a plugger in the middle. Smoot is very valuable as well. Some people say he is a product of the system, I say BS! Now, the only move I question is Darren Sharper. This is a player who has amazing ball-hawking skills and will make some lightning plays for your defense. However, he didnt seem like the type of player that fits the defense you guys are desiging...Bare with me here, these are the moves you guys have made the last 2 seasons...

Antoine Winfield - Physical guy, in your face tackling machine.
    Napoleon Harris - Reminds me of Barnett. Fast, play maker, makes a move on the ball.
    Pat Williams - Big run stopper. Will take on 2 blockers. A machine.
    And then Darren Sharper...He is not very good at coming up on the run, and is lazy in coverage. He gets burned trying to bait the QB. He also seems to have lost a step (probably because of his injury last season) but the worst part, a safety is your last line of defense and he was just awful at tackling last season.

Now, as much as I did not want to see the Vikes sign Sharper, I would have much rather seen Sharper in a Vikes uni than Darius.

This is by far the most successful offseason of any team. However, successful offseasons do not necessarily lead to successful regular seasons...i.e - Seattle Seahawks and Washington Redskins of recent seasons. But I do believe your acquisitions are much more valuable than the ones of those teams.

So the Packers have "dominated" the NFC North the last 3 seasons and have set the bar of what teams must do to beat them. As of right now, we are trying to find replace 2 All-Pro guards, figure out what Bubba Franks is going to do, find a starting D-End, Linebacker, 2 Safeties and a back-up corner. We are a team that on paper, is in dissaray. It seems that Ted Thompson will not sign anyone unless its minimum wage and he doesnt have much room to wiggle with only about 9 million in cap space. No players on the radar and the only good news I've gotten this week is that Brett Favre will be returning. By the looks of it right now, I do not believe he will be back for another after this one. I wonder if this team has it in them for another run...The Vikes have had the clear cut talent advantage the last 2 seasons and couldn't get it done. This upcoming season, they will be head and shoulders above the Packers in talent, it will be intriguing how the regular season unfolds to how these 2 teams who went opposite directions in the offseason.
    J-Walk mad knucks to the vikings getting D sharp :cheers: second you have the best reciving tandom in the nfc beside bruce and holt and they might spilt up.......dont listen to those freaks they say Burleson is better then cris carter and randy moss put together..Vikings tightest secondary in the league and top 3 D in the league mad knucks ..................SEE YA DUDE
    Make Derrick Johnson the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    Cain interpreted my statement of "Dominance" correctly...I did not mean that the Packers came out and domintated the division, it was in quotes so interpret that we have sort of squeaked by the last 2 seasons with lesser talent.

Thats how I meant it, sorry for any confusion
    OK, your post makes more sense now. I agree with your post and consider it a fair judgement of our teams. I just hope the Vikings can get some chemistry going next season and actually exceed our expectations.

As for the Packers, they have their work cut out for them. But, as long as Favre is at the helm, the team will believe they have a chance which will make them dangerous.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

i see your point but those winning days at greenbay are over

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12