Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

Its Been A Long Winding Road

First off, I have been unable to post for a while because I just moved in to a new house and haven't gotten internet set up, I still visit the board every so often and read up on what you guys are doing, dont worry, Im still around :bootyshake:

The Vikings have taken Randy Moss' advice and have begun spending some money. They have made some good moves. I honesly believe the best move has been Pat Williams. He gives you guys a plugger in the middle. Smoot is very valuable as well. Some people say he is a product of the system, I say BS! Now, the only move I question is Darren Sharper. This is a player who has amazing ball-hawking skills and will make some lightning plays for your defense. However, he didnt seem like the type of player that fits the defense you guys are desiging...Bare with me here, these are the moves you guys have made the last 2 seasons...

Antoine Winfield - Physical guy, in your face tackling machine.
    Napoleon Harris - Reminds me of Barnett. Fast, play maker, makes a move on the ball.
    Pat Williams - Big run stopper. Will take on 2 blockers. A machine.
    And then Darren Sharper...He is not very good at coming up on the run, and is lazy in coverage. He gets burned trying to bait the QB. He also seems to have lost a step (probably because of his injury last season) but the worst part, a safety is your last line of defense and he was just awful at tackling last season.

Now, as much as I did not want to see the Vikes sign Sharper, I would have much rather seen Sharper in a Vikes uni than Darius.

This is by far the most successful offseason of any team. However, successful offseasons do not necessarily lead to successful regular seasons...i.e - Seattle Seahawks and Washington Redskins of recent seasons. But I do believe your acquisitions are much more valuable than the ones of those teams.

So the Packers have "dominated" the NFC North the last 3 seasons and have set the bar of what teams must do to beat them. As of right now, we are trying to find replace 2 All-Pro guards, figure out what Bubba Franks is going to do, find a starting D-End, Linebacker, 2 Safeties and a back-up corner. We are a team that on paper, is in dissaray. It seems that Ted Thompson will not sign anyone unless its minimum wage and he doesnt have much room to wiggle with only about 9 million in cap space. No players on the radar and the only good news I've gotten this week is that Brett Favre will be returning. By the looks of it right now, I do not believe he will be back for another after this one. I wonder if this team has it in them for another run...The Vikes have had the clear cut talent advantage the last 2 seasons and couldn't get it done. This upcoming season, they will be head and shoulders above the Packers in talent, it will be intriguing how the regular season unfolds to how these 2 teams who went opposite directions in the offseason.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Welcome back Jwalk!

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Its Been A Long Winding Road

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

And then Darren Sharper...He is not very good at coming up on the run, and is lazy in coverage. He gets burned trying to bait the QB. He also seems to have lost a step (probably because of his injury last season) but the worst part, a safety is your last line of defense and he was just awful at tackling last season.
    Oh, splendid. :roll:

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Welcome back Jwalk!
    Ditto - nice to have you back, even though you ARE a Packer fan... :wink:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

What about Smoot?

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    First off, I have been unable to post for a while because I just moved in to a new house and haven't gotten internet set up, I still visit the board every so often and read up on what you guys are doing, dont worry, Im still around :bootyshake:

The Vikings have taken Randy Moss' advice and have begun spending some money. They have made some good moves. I honesly believe the best move has been Pat Williams. He gives you guys a plugger in the middle. Smoot is very valuable as well. Some people say he is a product of the system, I say BS! Now, the only move I question is Darren Sharper. This is a player who has amazing ball-hawking skills and will make some lightning plays for your defense. However, he didnt seem like the type of player that fits the defense you guys are desiging...Bare with me here, these are the moves you guys have made the last 2 seasons...

Antoine Winfield - Physical guy, in your face tackling machine.
    Napoleon Harris - Reminds me of Barnett. Fast, play maker, makes a move on the ball.
    Pat Williams - Big run stopper. Will take on 2 blockers. A machine.

Now, as much as I did not want to see the Vikes sign Sharper, I would have much rather seen Sharper in a Vikes uni than Darius.

This is by far the most successful offseason of any team. However, successful offseasons do not necessarily lead to successful regular seasons...i.e - Seattle Seahawks and Washington Redskins of recent seasons. But I do believe your acquisitions are much more valuable than the ones of those teams.

So the Packers have "dominated" the NFC North the last 3 seasons and have set the bar of what teams must do to beat them. As of right now, we are trying to find replace 2 All-Pro guards, figure out what Bubba Franks is going to do, find a starting D-End, Linebacker, 2 Safeties and a back-up corner. We are a team that on paper, is in dissaray. It seems that Ted Thompson will not sign anyone unless its minimum wage and he doesnt have much room to wiggle with only about 9 million in cap space. No players on the radar and the only good news I've gotten this week is that Brett Favre will be returning. By the looks of it right now, I do not believe he will be back for another after this one. I wonder if this team has it in them for another run...The Vikes have had the clear cut talent advantage the last 2 seasons and couldn't get it done. This upcoming season, they will be head and shoulders above the Packers in talent, it will be intriguing how the regular season unfolds to how these 2 teams who went opposite directions in the offseason.
    Dominated? Wow, I didn't realize that 10-6 was dominating an entire division. Yes, in 2002 when you were 12-4 and the next best team was us at 6-10, the Packers dominated the NFC North. But 2003 you guys got into the playoffs and won the division on the last play of the game of a completely other game. And last season you guys beat us twice on last second field goals only to get humiliated by us in the 1st round of the playoffs. Dominated? Hardly.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

:bootyshake:
    :rr:

hey jwalk look familiar...I agree with the message above about dominance. After all that last win at lamblow was sweet!!
    [img:81319149fb]http://img104.exs.cx/img104/1055/wiultmossfan4ax.gif[/img:81319149fb]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

Ya'll have been saying that for 2 years now. Favre would have to be Theismanned before he leaves the game. If the Pack has a bad season next year, do the Fans wish Favre gone so they can rebuilt with a new QB for the future???????

Sharper will be good in our system. We wanted our players to take risks but they were so busy scratching their butts they just didn't have it in them last year. It sounds like Sharper has sonfidence, like Smoot and Winfield, but Sharper needs to be able to back it up.

randy--moss is offline Rookie

welcome back...

I would like to accept your comments, but seriously, when you go into the "Domination" Factor about your packers, and how they *set the bar* ahhhh, last time i checked, this is what happened to your pack. 31-17 loss at home... by who??? The purple and gold.. Remember, straight cash homey... maybe if you dont remember i can refresh your memory

[img:fed39c00ce]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/randymosss/sig1.jpg[/img:fed39c00ce]

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Much like randy needs a fresh start, lets hope the same is true for darren!
    Welcome back hammerhead!!!
    Now you know.........
    You were just holding your breath until ol farmveboy announced what he was doing!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast