Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    MediaLoca is offline Rookie

It's Been a long time, I shouldn't of left you :)

Hello everyone, I have been a member of the board for quite some time now but i have not felt the urge to post until today. I don't know if you remember but on gameday WEBBY i went under the alias "team" in the LIVE CHAT....anyways.

Id like to point out a few things that really have me heated.

The offense and coaching adjustments...

Everyone knows that GB plays man outside on the two receivers, this gives them the ability to play 4 linebackers....WHY play two receiver sets HONESTLY that got us no where AP had at least TWO linebackers on him on every play. Was MILLS not open every time they threw his way? YES.

my nephew sat in amazement as i SCRAM OUT LOUD... PLEASE run the three receiver set, they wont be able to run the coverage they've been doing the entire game.. I mean Right after i said that (I'm not kidding) i see the formation that i was begging for!
    it was a complete success PLEASE watch the game over and see the amount of yards and the compl % in that formation. Now onto the adjustments, when i saw that the formations were finally being mixed up i felt a sigh of relief We were driving down the field then we get in the red zone AND GUESS WHAT..THEY RUN THE TWO RECIEVER SET. Ap goes no where resulting in a third and 3. Honestly You know the entire green bay team is going to cheat on AP WHY run on third and three. At least Do some play action. On both the field goals it was a short third down situation LIKE PLEASE HOW PREDICTABLE IS THE HAND OFF!

sigh...

Jared allen, i think they've been teaching him to play a bit more passive so he won't leave wide gaps for the run (In which every highl;ight of him the guy from GB that i SAW was HOLDING him) i know it sounds smart to cover the holes but thats not what jared does...he's a pass rusher! why not shape the defense around him let him BULL rush and make PAT slide over and play the run. Play off the block,

WE SHOULD NOT BE BLITZING THE SAFETY ON A THIRD AND THREE. I almost fell into tears with that call (It was the play driver had like 4 people on his back i believe) our strong front four should be able to do the job..

im just saying we need to make the adjustments for our stars, get AP in open field.
    Put him in the slot or leave him in the backfield but with more then two receivers lined up!

Finally to all the T-jack haters, How can you possibly BLAME this game on him he took shot after shot making some good (a couple bad ones as well) throws with the pressure he was receiving (BECAUSE OF THEM HAVING TWO LINEBACKERS SPYING AP AND TWO BLITZING) i don't think any QB would've been able to performed better as a matter of fact i'm glad it wasn't peyton because we'd have two first downs less without tjacks legs.

P.S
    has anyone though of a way to broad cast Minnesota's games i have the connection on my computer what else is needed. I need to watch my games but i work on Sundays.

I have internet at my job though!

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: It's Been a long time, I shouldn't of left you :)

Great Post!

Yeah, I really like this post. I don't think I've heard anyone else mention the success of the three wr set (although it might have been insinuated but not said, or I might've just missed it). That's actually pretty cool to know. I reason I love this site: I keep learning more about some of the specifics and intracacies that I otherwise might miss. The rest of the post is good too, but that really peaked my interest.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

100 percent agreement

ur the man

MediaLoca is offline Rookie

lol, you don't understand how much i was explaining to my co-workers HOW bad the playcalling was.

It pisses me off because this isn't our PEAK potential! we can be doing so much more! that 100 yard game for AP was NOTHING!

(Oh yeah there was some HORRIBLE calls against us. Two pass interference calls that weren't made that really killed our momentum)

* the one al harris RODE bernards back

* when we were pinned down on our 25 yard line runnning the GUESS WHAT 3 reciever set, wade got practically TACKLED by woodson.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Oh yah we talked about all that too

It wasn't fun to watch

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

While I agree with some of the things you said you have to put the kush down if you think TJ could not have played better.

He played like crap at the start of the game, thru out the 3rd quarter and the begining of the fourth. For 3 plays our best play was his panic induced rushes. He still refuses to SLIDE. That's not brave or heroic. It's stupid.

I admit in the fourth quarter he picked up his play and looked good. However at that time, the defense was keying on the pass as we had abandoned the run. I propose the question, Have you ever seen a 2 min drill where the QB doesn't get roughed up? No. Defenses bring the heat when they know you can only pass. Hence why he was gettign hit....

Another thing, TJ does not step up into the pocket to buy extra time. On almost every play the crappy tackles we have blocked to the outside and TJ kept dropping back, which allowed them to get to him. He should have stepped up and used the extra second to make the play. He didn't so he got hit or the ball batted. Yuck!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"MediaLoca" wrote:
    lol, you don't understand how much i was explaining to my co-workers HOW bad the playcalling was.
    So - you have some great insight into the actual plays that were called - the blocking schemes, the adjustments made at the line of scrimmage as well as the opposing defenses that were called?

Could you run down a few of those series in the first half, giving us the actual play-call (with the correct vernacular), as well as the line calls that Birk made when seeing the defensive line setup?
    That would be awesome!

I've been waiting for someone with actual knowledge of what play was called to enlighten us all with their brilliance.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

nice post for being media-loca,half crazy ,are you related to some spanish heritage or something?

P.S I won´t stop till I find a spanish talker here....
    El underdog.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"El" wrote:
    nice post for being media-loca,half crazy ,are you related to some spanish heritage or something?

P.S I won´t stop till I find a spanish talker here....
    Una cerveza fria, por favor.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast