Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: It's all Madden's fault...

"JDogg926" wrote:
    I don't buy into that "Madden's more realistic" theory. It's not often that I see a QB throw a ball out of bounds when the receiver has a good chance of catching it in bounds.
    Are you serious? You need to watch more football, it happens a lot.

There are glitches that should have been fixed, especially with blocking, or having a receiver run out of bounds on a pattern. There is of course the amazing awareness a CB has to knock down the ball at its highest point (while jumping 3 feet in the air and 5 yards long) without looking on deep patterns, but cannot even pick up a WR entering his zone.

Still I like the new passing game, with the controls changed it is annoying to run and throw the ball away quickly but the precision passing actually makes it possible to complete outs and posts/flags under coverage.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I see it, but not too often when the receiver is wide open. Also, occasionally the WR runs out of bounds for no reason w/o the ball even being thrown his way. The CB thing is kind of annoying, although it comes in handy when you're playing D. While, I do think diving was far-fetched on the early NFL2K games where you could catch a guy by diving if you were 10 yards behind him, I think Madden is the exact opposite, you dive and just seem to float in mid air w/o going forward, while I know you won't dive 10 yards, it's not unrealistic to see a player dive for 3 yards. Also, the challenges are terrible on Madden. I challenged a play the other day, b/c the RB hit the pylon diving out of bounds, but they marked him out at the 1, and they 'overturned' the call, but I didn't get a touchdown, they placed it on the 1/2 yard line. I also know that it's rare in real life, but is it even possible to return a punt or kick for a TD on that game. I think I'll eventually break a kickoff, but punts are ridiculous, I end up faircatching almost every time, b/c if I don't I get trucked and fumble. The punter has to boom it 50+ yards in order to get enough clearance to catch the ball and start moving before you're trucked. As for controlling the receiver for reception purposes, that's been an option since at least 98, if not before, as I remember on Madden 98 for Sega Saturn, I had to break routes to dive for the ball on occasion.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Challenges do suck in Madden. I have no problem with the wrong call being made occasionally, but having the wrong outcome to a challenge is stupid. Diving depend on a players jumping ability, so some player can dive about half as well as others.

Occasionally you'll return a kickoff for a TD if you use a player with a good KR rating (they seem to block better for those players for some reason) and decent speed. Punt are a little trickier, especially in 06 since your player rarely seem to block, they just run towards you and let the defender by them.

Superstar mode is a huge waste of time though, it is so boring.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

I love when I'm playing Madden and I bomb one deep to Moss, only to have like Denard Walker leap 80 feet in the air without turning around and bat the ball down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

TheViking is offline Rookie

Go NCAA thats all I'm saying a much better game and more realistic (just alittle bias in that though)
    One cold January morning I will wake up and be able to say holy sh** they actually won!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Another thing about Madden I cannot stand is the line, I'm sure all of you have heard this one, "Look at this one here, he had him all lined up for the big hit and then, he just missed. There's a lot of that going on in the NFL today, players looking for the big hit, instead of wrapping up the ball carrier." This is most annoying when it happens accidentally as you're scrolling through defensive players to get to the player where the ball is, and he still says it.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

TheViking is offline Rookie

I agree, it gets kinda old when the same comments are made year in and year out. Lets change it up alitte.
    One cold January morning I will wake up and be able to say holy sh** they actually won!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

This verison of madden really isnt to top notch becuase the developers have been focusing on the Xbox 360's launch of madden 2006. That verison will be amazing.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

DAmn that fat bastard! MADDEN!!!
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

SamDawg84 Guest

lol wat is this 1 about?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12