Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: "It isn't easy replacing dominance"

im still not at all worried. i know marcus johnson will just improve over the year and the oline should get better.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    Anyone find it funny that the Packers' demise is being blamed on the departure of our guards, not the departure of Sharper?
    I think the reason for that Los is because your team is so centered around Farve that seeing him not get the pass protection he is used to ( and having a good offense turn bad) is a lot more obvious than noticing how a bad defense last year, got a little worse.

Ill say it again...we were 8-8 WITH Moss. Hell even if we lost our next 3 games, I owuld be confident we could finish 8-8 or better.
    i would agree with you because of the talent we have but I also have a terrible feeling that if we don't win real soon, this season could snowball out of control. I don't really see it happening but I didn't see that happening three years ago either. This Sunday and/or the following Sunday are huge for this season IMO

[color=red]

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

remember the pats lost their first two games of the season in 2003 before winning the superbowl

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I could just say, "I told you so", but I figured that starting a thread about what's being said aroung the league would be the "grown up" thing to do.

Ahh, hell with it, I told you so.
    You told us so!

I think we all know it and didn't want to face it. It is the unknown, nobody likes that. That's why people freaked out this weak more so than usual.

We still don't know if it is going to work out.

I am here to reassure everyone that DC will regroup and it will get better. I am not predicting brilliance(just yet) but it will get better.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Boy does it get annoying hearing this again and again. It like people are buying into the media saying that we suck and have no offense without Moss. There is only one person I am missing on offense is Birk and I think the biggest weakness of our line is the center and RG spots but Johnson will get better with experience and there is no quick fix just work with who we got together and when they gell we'll be fine though I hope Goldberg, Herrera, or Fowler eventually replace Withrow.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Ill say it again...we were 8-8 WITH Moss. Hell even if we lost our next 3 games, I owuld be confident we could finish 8-8 or better.
    We were 8-8 without having spent dozens of millions on defense. Now that we did, we should do better, right? RIGHT?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Slow down, people. Why is it that everytime someone posts anything even remotely related to Moss, everyone reacts like Packer fans being told that Favre should retire?

Regardless of your personal feelings about whether or not Moss was good or bad for the team overall, it is undeniable that with him on the field we were ALWAYS in a position to score. Does anyone have that feeling right now?

Moss was the "best decoy in the NFL" according to Culpepper...and he was right. Moss also opened up our running game. The fact that entire schemes had to be put into place in an attempt to slow him down is indicative of the level of ability he brought to the game.

Now, I understand that Culpepper will not (hopefully) spend the entire season in the funk he was in versus Tampa. Heck, even the staunchest Moss supporter knows that. But, until we start seeing 20-30 points per game being scored again...by OUR team, not the other guys...people will be looking back at the Moss Years and saying, "What did we really gain"? Defending it by saying, "We never won a SB with Moss" doesn't really fly, because we also spent the "Moss Years" waaaaaaay below the salary cap.

So, it isn't just PurplePackerEater and a handful of Moss fans who are bringing this up over and over, it's the MEDIA as well. The same jokers that were blathering on about how badly we needed to get rid of Moss are now the dip wads telling us we messed up by doing so. And all on the strength of ONE GAME.

Face it, the Moss issue isn't going to go away until the Vikes prove that they ARE better without him. Jumping on people who still wish that Moss was here is a little like jumping on someone who wishes that Elvis were still alive. They obviously know he's dead (Well....most of them do), but they miss what they had.

So, if you don't like a Moss thread, don't post in it. I am less annoyed by someone posting something up about Moss than I am by the horde of people who IMMEDIATELY leap on the thread to demean the poster for speaking their mind. Moss is gone, we all know that, repeating it doesn't change the fact that our Offense - so far - isn't as potent as it was.

For the record, I disapprove of the Moss trade. I think it was stupid. I still see absolutely no reason why we even considered it. And I think that the majority of negative sentiment is mostly fueled by overblown media sensationalism. And, I see no reason to "get over it" until such time as the Vikings prove me wrong by dominating defenses with high powered offense. I don't remotely think Moss was a "cancer", and I don't for one second believe that we couldn't have added the people we did without trading Moss...not with our cap room last year.

No, I don't go around posting about how much I miss Moss. I have faith that our Offense will get on track. But that doesn't mean that I don't believe that we're taking the long road to get there.

Caine

Articnv is offline Coach

How many super bowls did we win with Moss
    Zero
    How many Games did we win with moss?
    to lazy to look it up but we never went undafted
    How many games has the raider won with Moss?
    Zero

1 person dosnt win u games. now get over the hole moss is gone hes gone and i glad he is

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

The media will NEVER shut up about Moss, the same guys that were saying we should get rid of him while he was here are saying it's hurting us, not having him.

Even if we win the Superbowl (this year or next), the same people that are saying our biggest weakness is the lack of Moss, will be saying we won the Superbowl b/c we got rid of Moss. It will never stop, and they will never settle, switching opinions to whatever they feel makes them appear smarter that week.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Del Rio Guest

"Articnv" wrote:
    How many super bowls did we win with Moss
    Zero
    How many Games did we win with moss?
    to lazy to look it up but we never went undafted
    How many games has the raider won with Moss?
    Zero

1 person dosnt win u games. now get over the hole moss is gone hes gone and i glad he is
    Very well said.

Moss is one man, he has no superbowl rings. This is a team game. We lost a close game last week because we turned the ball over. If you are trying to pull an "I told you so" after week one you are off your rocker.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast