Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Which island you on, HV?

    Which island are you living on? I have been to Maui once before and the place is paradise. Since visiting there, I have found out that I have two cousins who now live there, so I am trying to figure out a way to go back and visit. The Road to Hana is a MUST for any tourist.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #2
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: Which island you on, HV?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Which island are you living on? I have been to Maui once before and the place is paradise. Since visiting there, I have found out that I have two cousins who now live there, so I am trying to figure out a way to go back and visit. The Road to Hana is a MUST for any tourist.
    Im on the island of oahu, the main island where most flights come through. Yes this place is paradise much to the fact that we have the best BEACH in the world with our beautiful mountains nearby.

    When was the last time you came here. I would recommend coming back soon. The road to hana is a pain in the ass as it takes a long time to get to hana itself. There isint much to do unless you want to see the back part of haleakala.

    Now haleakala is really worth the trip if you are heading to maui again.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a


  3. #3
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Which island you on, HV?

    I was there in 1989 (it's been awhile) and I stayed at the Stouffer Wailea. We rented a Mustang convertible and took it to Hana. I agree that the road is a pain to Hana (due to the fact that it is basically one lane at best) but to get to see the Seven Pools is a treat to the uninitiated. We also went to the top of the mountain (bring warm clothes), took a catamaran out to the island that is a partially submerged volcano crater (can't remember the name) to do some snorkeling and took a helicopter tour through the canyons and past the Iao Needle (sp?). All in all, it was one fantastic trip (and paid for by my company at the time). I hope to be back soon.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #4
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,412

    Which island you on, HV?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I was there in 1989 (it's been awhile) and I stayed at the Stouffer Wailea. We rented a Mustang convertible and took it to Hana. I agree that the road is a pain to Hana (due to the fact that it is basically one lane at best) but to get to see the Seven Pools is a treat to the uninitiated. We also went to the top of the mountain (bring warm clothes), took a catamaran out to the island that is a partially submerged volcano crater (can't remember the name) to do some snorkeling and took a helicopter tour through the canyons and past the Iao Needle (sp?). All in all, it was one fantastic trip (and paid for by my company at the time). I hope to be back soon.
    Sounds like you had some fun. Well you basically did what a normal tourists would do but no hiking or anything like that. Just went to maui a few months ago and were hiking inside haleakala when it was freezing cold. You should try bikeriding down the mountain at 6am. ITs freezing cold.
    THe submerged volcano island is molokini. I never went to Iao needle yet for some reason but did see the seven pools and they were fairly interesting. Did you take the neaby hike to the falls???

    Other then that its a must that you check out the other islands whenever you come back down here. Its a must.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a


  5. #5
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Which island you on, HV?

    I will take your advice next time I am in Hawaii. One thing that I have to do while there is something that has a sad note to it. A very good friend of mine whom with I worked here in DC tragically died while at work. He was originally from Hawaii (of Chinese descent). His body was flown to Hawaii for burial there near Diamond Head. Out of respect for him, I want to see the area where he is interred. He always spoke fondly of his home and was a great ambassador for all of the islands of Hawaii. I look forward to my next time there.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #6
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,412

    Which island you on, HV?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I will take your advice next time I am in Hawaii. One thing that I have to do while there is something that has a sad note to it. A very good friend of mine whom with I worked here in DC tragically died while at work. He was originally from Hawaii (of Chinese descent). His body was flown to Hawaii for burial there near Diamond Head. Out of respect for him, I want to see the area where he is interred. He always spoke fondly of his home and was a great ambassador for all of the islands of Hawaii. I look forward to my next time there.
    I wonder if there, whoever youre talking about are referring to a famous cemetery in manoa. Could be although its not within a mile of diamond head but considered in the vicinity i guess.

    Hope to see ya come down. :thumbleft:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a


Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Fan From Long Island
    By LIVike in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 05:30 AM
  2. Revis Island is no fantasy destination for NFL WRs
    By gregair13 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 11:21 AM
  3. Vikings - Fantasy Island
    By singersp in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 08:59 PM
  4. How to Live on a Deserted Island
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 03:01 PM
  5. Kumusta, From the Island of Cebu, Philippines....
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 02:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •