CanuckVike is offline Starter

The Invisible Vikes

Hi everyone...Merry xmas and HNYear from up north here...been busy with all the usual holiday activities and such...but I did have time to watch our last 3 games on tape again.

I don't know about the rest of you, but overall, I think we've suffered from an acute case of "invisibility" from a number of guys compared to last year.

I know Hovan is a name that probably comes to mind for most as being very absent as far as impact goes. But I've really noticed a lack of anything from Chavous and Russell this year. Not only have done pretty well zip in in INT department, but I haven't really seen them even defend many passes and they haven't seemed to be there in tackles either. I see by their stats Russell and Chavous are 3 and 4th in team tackles...but I've seen them miss some big ones to stop TD's and such. They sure remind me of the final days of Orlando Thomas when he just started to stink the joint out as far as aggressive play was conncerned. Am I off base on this or could this be the last we see of Russell and Chavous?
    Also, who else do you think has been "invisible" this year compared to last season?
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

The Invisible Vikes

Kenny Mixon. If i had to pic a saftey out of the two right now i would probably go with Russell. He seems to be playing a little better than chavous at the time. All chavous does is get burned by TE's, all day every day. At least russell will pic up a RB or FB in the flat and tackle his ass. I'm a russell fan, some people dont think he tackles well, thats bullshit, hes a great tackler. Chavous is also decent in the running game but when it comes to the passing game russell has got the nod, chavous has been awful all year. Maybe he's trying to do to much, maybe our D Line is making our DB's cover way to long, or maybe cotrell sucks ass.

CanuckVike is offline Starter

The Invisible Vikes

Ya...Mixon! Now there's a name I've hardly heard this year. When did we get that guy? 2 years ago? I don't think there's been much impact from him. I wonder if he's been playing full time though? And don't get me wrong about Chavous and Russell...I kind of like both the guys...I heard them on KFAN and seem like straight shooters, but it sure has been different from them than last year.
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88