Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099026
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099021
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099018
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098987
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098937
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098903
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098883
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098858
    By the way, get ready for Marrdro to start talking some major bukakke.
    Fixed it for you...

:silly:

Caine
    You crack me up. You did see that they do use multiple WR sets and stretch the field with this scheme (at times).

I know you, along with a few others have been pining for the return of "3 Deep". Although this won't quite remind you of that era, it will get a few more deep balls into the air.
    I challenge you to find even one post of someone "pining" for the return of the high-flying Moss days. They were fun to watch, but we just can't do that.

Fact is, we're not built for that, and have not been for quite some time.

it's nice to see us utilize the deep ball, but we need to be smart about it. Hucking it out there 40 times when we don't have a legitimate deep threat is not a good system.
    I don't have to look, it will come out.

Dang near everyone on here hated the "Dink Dunk" approach the WCO brings to the table. Most thought it was going to go away with the nomination of Musgrove (go look at my coach and offense analysis threads and the comments in there).

Again, it will come out.
    A few quick questions:

1- Do the packers rune the WCO?
    2- Is their offense classified as dink and dunk?

No dodges or diversions from the questions, just a simple yes or no and nothing else please.
    OOhhh!! OOhhhh!!! ask me! ask me!
    Go for it.
    1: Yes.

2: No. They run an offense dependent upon the big play.

Marrdro won't say that because he'd be wrong about too many other things if he did.

Caine

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Interview With Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrove

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099026
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099021
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098987
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098937
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098903
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098883
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098858
    By the way, get ready for Marrdro to start talking some major bukakke.
    Fixed it for you...

:silly:

Caine
    You crack me up. You did see that they do use multiple WR sets and stretch the field with this scheme (at times).

I know you, along with a few others have been pining for the return of "3 Deep". Although this won't quite remind you of that era, it will get a few more deep balls into the air.
    I challenge you to find even one post of someone "pining" for the return of the high-flying Moss days. They were fun to watch, but we just can't do that.

Fact is, we're not built for that, and have not been for quite some time.

it's nice to see us utilize the deep ball, but we need to be smart about it. Hucking it out there 40 times when we don't have a legitimate deep threat is not a good system.
    I don't have to look, it will come out.

Dang near everyone on here hated the "Dink Dunk" approach the WCO brings to the table. Most thought it was going to go away with the nomination of Musgrove (go look at my coach and offense analysis threads and the comments in there).

Again, it will come out.
    A few quick questions:

No dodges or diversions from the questions, just a simple yes or no and nothing else please.
    OOhhh!! OOhhhh!!! ask me! ask me!
    Go for it.
    1. Yes
    2. No

Marrdro's answer:

1. They run a variation of the WCO, but really, all offenses have some roots from the Walsh era. How they differ is *insert more bullshit here* and that is how you dismantle an atomic bomb

2. Did you see that one play where they only gained four yards. I bet the offense is designed more around that, but those PUKERS keep changing the plays, trying to hit the home run. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't. We don't want to look like the PUKERS do we?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

A few quick questions:

Why are you asking about the PUKERS offenes and I never dodge or create diversions........

1. YES. Truth of the matter is, they are a prime example of a WCO being successfully ran in a cold weather environment. What is an interesting study, however, is the version they run. Typically you would think "Cold Weather"/"Run to setup the Pass" variant, however, they actually pass more than logic would dictate.

2. YES. Haven't checked their website to get actual specifics, but I think if you check their boxscores/game logs you will see that they pass deep about 3 times per half and the rest is short (I had them charted short right for most of the game the last time we played).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099042
    A few quick questions:

Why are you asking about the PUKERS offenes and I never dodge or create diversions........

1. YES.

2. YES.
    Random Packers game, Week 12, 17-20 loss vs. the Falcons:

Rodgers: 26/35 - 344 yds.

that's almost 10 yards per ATTEMPT (not even completion)

Not sure how you define dink and dunk, but that ain't it.

Rodgers season: 8.3 yards per attempt. (for comparasons sake, in 09 we managed a measley 7.9 yards per attempt, in what we consider a relatively explosive offense)

They are built on the deep ball, and getting good YAC from guys like Driver and Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1099032
    2: No. They run an offense dependent upon the big play.

Marrdro won't say that because he'd be wrong about too many other things if he did.

Caine
    Marrdro won't say it cause it ain't true.....(5 deep throws vs the Vikes that by all accounts has a defense that is easily exploited by deep passes......

Again, they, like most WCO, dink and dunk and rely on YAC and an occasional deep throw to keep defenses honest.

1st and 10 at GB 31 B.Jackson up the middle to GB 35 for 4 yards (E.Henderson, C.Greenway).
    2nd and 6 at GB 35 B.Jackson right end to GB 36 for 1 yard (E.Henderson).
    3rd and 5 at GB 36 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to A.Quarless.
    4th and 5 at GB 36 T.Masthay punts 47 yards to MIN 17, Center-B.Goode, fair catch by G.Camarillo

1st and 10 at GB 27 (Shotgun) B.Jackson up the middle to GB 31 for 4 yards (J.Allen).
    2nd and 6 at GB 31 B.Jackson left tackle to GB 36 for 5 yards (M.Williams).
    3rd and 1 at GB 36 D.Nance up the middle to GB 38 for 2 yards (E.Henderson).
    1st and 10 at GB 38 A.Rodgers sacked at GB 28 for -10 yards (R.Edwards).
    2nd and 20 at GB 28 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to D.Driver to GB 35 for 7 yards (B.Leber, A.Allen).
    3rd and 13 at GB 35 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers sacked at GB 30 for -5 yards (J.Allen).
    4th and 18 at GB 30 T.Masthay punts 37 yards to MIN 33, Center-B.Goode, fair catch by G.Camarillo.

1st and 10 at GB 35 A.Rodgers pass incomplete short left to D.Driver (J.Allen).
    2nd and 10 at GB 35 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to D.Driver to GB 41 for 6 yards (C.Cook).
    3rd and 4 at GB 41 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to J.Jones (C.Cook).
    4th and 4 at GB 41 T.Masthay punts 31 yards to MIN 28, Center-B.Goode, out of bounds.

1st and 10 at GB 22 A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to D.Driver.
    2nd and 10 at GB 22 B.Jackson right tackle to GB 23 for 1 yard (E.Griffen).
    3rd and 9 at GB 23 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass deep right to G.Jennings to MIN 30 for 47 yards (M.Williams) [E.Griffen].
    1st and 10 at MIN 30 A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep right to B.Swain.
    2nd and 10 at MIN 30 (Shotgun) B.Jackson up the middle to MIN 24 for 6 yards (M.Williams, E.Henderson).
    3rd and 4 at MIN 24 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to D.Driver.
    4th and 4 at MIN 24 M.Crosby 42 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay.

1st and 10 at GB 20 A.Rodgers pass short left to G.Jennings to GB 33 for 13 yards (C.Cook, M.Williams).
    1st and 10 at GB 33 A.Rodgers pass short left to J.Nelson pushed ob at GB 40 for 7 yards (A.Allen).
    2nd and 3 at GB 40 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to D.Driver to MIN 50 for 10 yards (M.Williams).
    1st and 10 at 50 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to D.Lee to MIN 50 for no gain (R.Edwards).
    2nd and 10 at 50 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep left to J.Jones.
    3rd and 10 at 50 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass deep right to J.Jones to MIN 11 for 39 yards (H.Abdullah).
    1st and 10 at MIN 11 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to G.Jennings.
    2nd and 10 at MIN 11 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to G.Jennings for 11 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 10 3
    M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay. 10 3
    M.Crosby kicks 68 yards from GB 30 to MIN 2. P.Harvin to MIN 22 for 20 yards (Q.Johnson).

1st and 10 at GB 47 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers scrambles up the middle to MIN 48 for 5 yards (C.Greenway).
    2nd and 5 at MIN 48 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to A.Quarless to MIN 34 for 14 yards (C.Greenway, H.Abdullah).
    Timeout #1 by GB at 00:32.
    1st and 10 at MIN 34 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to B.Jackson to MIN 27 for 7 yards (C.Cook).
    Timeout #2 by GB at 00:22.
    2nd and 3 at MIN 27 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to J.Jones ran ob at MIN 18 for 9 yards.
    1st and 10 at MIN 18 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to B.Jackson to MIN 3 for 15 yards (C.Cook).
    1st and 3 at MIN 3 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to J.Jones for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Assistant challenged the pass completion ruling, and the play was Upheld. 16 3
    M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay. 17 3
    Timeout #3 by GB at 00:05.
    M.Crosby kicks 59 yards from GB 30 to MIN 11. P.Harvin pushed ob at MIN 11 for

R.Longwell kicks 65 yards from MIN 30 to GB 5. S.Shields to GB 27 for 22 yards (M.Williams).
    1st and 10 at GB 27 B.Jackson right tackle to GB 29 for 2 yards (P.Williams).
    2nd and 8 at GB 29 A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to G.Jennings.
    3rd and 8 at GB 29 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers scrambles right tackle to GB 44 for 15 yards (A.Allen).
    1st and 10 at GB 44 A.Rodgers pass short right to J.Nelson pushed ob at MIN 48 for 8 yards (C.Greenway).
    2nd and 2 at MIN 48 B.Jackson right end to MIN 46 for 2 yards (A.Winfield).
    1st and 10 at MIN 46 A.Rodgers pass short left to G.Jennings for 46 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 23 3
    M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay. 24 3
    M.Crosby kicks 65 yards from GB 30 to MIN 5. P.Harvin to MIN

1st and 10 at GB 16 A.Rodgers pass short left to G.Jennings to GB 24 for 8 yards (A.Allen).
    2nd and 2 at GB 24 A.Rodgers pass short left to B.Jackson to GB 29 for 5 yards (A.Winfield).
    1st and 10 at GB 29 D.Nance left end to GB 40 for 11 yards (H.Abdullah).
    1st and 10 at GB 40 D.Nance left end to GB 40 for no gain (E.Henderson, J.Allen).
    2nd and 10 at GB 40 A.Rodgers pass short right to B.Jackson pushed ob at MIN 49 for 11 yards (F.Walker).
    1st and 10 at MIN 49 B.Jackson right end to GB 46 for -5 yards (J.Kennedy).
    2nd and 15 at GB 46 (Shotgun) B.Jackson right end to GB 47 for 1 yard (F.Walker).
    3rd and 14 at GB 47 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short middle to G.Jennings to MIN 48 for 5 yards (C.Greenway).
    4th and 9 at MIN 48 T.Masthay punts 39 yards to MIN 9, Center-B.Goode, fair catch by G.Camarillo.

1st and 10 at MIN 42 change in yard line due to change in possession A.Rodgers scrambles up the middle to MIN 41 for 1 yard (B.Leber).
    2nd and 9 at MIN 41 B.Jackson right end to MIN 39 for 2 yards (A.Winfield).
    3rd and 7 at MIN 39 (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to D.Driver to MIN 31 for 8 yards (F.Walker).
    1st and 10 at MIN 31 B.Jackson left end to MIN 29 for 2 yards (E.Henderson, J.Allen).
    2nd and 8 at MIN 29 D.Nance left tackle to MIN 22 for 7 yards (C.Greenway, B.Leber).
    3rd and 1 at MIN 22 A.Rodgers pass deep left to G.Jennings for 22 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 31 3
    M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay.

1st and 10 at GB 41 D.Nance right end to GB 44 for 3 yards (B.Robison).
    2nd and 7 at GB 44 D.Nance left end pushed ob at GB 47 for 3 yards (J.Brinkley).
    3rd and 4 at GB 47 (Shotgun) M.Flynn pass short left to J.Nelson to MIN 48 for 5 yards (A.Allen).
    1st and 10 at MIN 48 D.Nance left end to MIN 46 for 2 yards (H.Farwell).
    2nd and 8 at MIN 46 D.Nance up the middle to MIN 39 for 7 yards (E.Griffen).
    3rd and 1 at MIN 39 D.Nance right guard to MIN 37 for 2 yards (B.Robison, J.Kennedy).
    1st and 10 at MIN 37 M.Flynn scrambles right end to MIN 32 for 5 yards (Tyrell.Johnson).
    2nd and 5 at MIN 32 D.Nance right tackle to MIN 29 for 3 yards (J.Kennedy).
    3rd and 2 at MIN 29 D.Nance right guard to MIN 28 for 1 yard (H.Farwell, L.Guion).
    4th and 1 at MIN 28 D.Nance up the middle to MIN 32 for -4 yards (J.Brinkley).

Vikes vs PUKERS Nov 21 2010

LOL, Big play my ass.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

You truly amaze me. You'll probably find a way to try and claim that the 07 Patriots offense was based on the run game. That Moss benefited from having Laurence Maroney back there.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099037
    1. Yes
    2. No

Marrdro's answer:

1. They run a variation of the WCO, but really, all offenses have some roots from the Walsh era. How they differ is *insert more bullshit here* and that is how you dismantle an atomic bomb

2. Did you see that one play where they only gained four yards. I bet the offense is designed more around that, but those PUKERS keep changing the plays, trying to hit the home run. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't. We don't want to look like the PUKERS do we?
    LOL, another one who watches football through a beer bottle.

1. No, not all offenses have some version of the Walsh (era) variant of the WCO in it. Hell, some teams actually don't have a variation of the Coryell WCO variant in them.

Truth of the matter is, there are teams that don't even run a variant of the WCO at all.

2. 5 deep throws against the game I charted. WOW. Thats really trying to exploit the home run.

LOL. Get another beer my friend.

Blog Entries

Here's a fun fact.

Aaron Rodgers has the second highest yards per attempt int he league last season, 8.3. Behind only Philip Rivers, who had 8.7 (probably also a dink and dunk offense)

big play my ass indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099043
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099042
    A few quick questions:

1. YES.

2. YES.
    Random Packers game, Week 12, 17-20 loss vs. the Falcons:

Rodgers: 26/35 - 344 yds.

that's almost 10 yards per ATTEMPT (not even completion)

Not sure how you define dink and dunk, but that ain't it.

Rodgers season: 8.3 yards per attempt. (for comparasons sake, in 09 we managed a measley 7.9 yards per attempt, in what we consider a relatively explosive offense)

They are built on the deep ball, and getting good YAC from guys like Driver and Jones.
    AAAAAARRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Wrong answer.

You do realize that the data you are providing includes YAC, not actual distance the ball is thrown.

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099047
    Here's a fun fact.

Aaron Rodgers has the second highest yards per attempt int he league last season, 8.3. Behind only Philip Rivers, who had 8.7 (probably also a dink and dunk offense)

big play my ass indeed.
    Keep trying, 4 of us at work are laughing our asses off.

5 DEEP BALLS my friend. 5 DEEP BALLS.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast