Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formo is offline Team Alumni

Interesting Viking stats/points...

Someone posted this comment on PFT.
    I found it pretty interesting, as I've never thought of it this way.

“The Vikes were gift wrapped at least 3 wins that I know of this season and they are in the worst division in the NFL.”
    If you knew ANYTHING about football, you’d know that the NFC West is, by far, the worst division in football. On the basis of that comment alone, you should be disqualified from voicing another opinion on this or any other NFL website. Some “junkie” — you don’t even understand the game.

To take it a step further, the Vikings had at LEAST as many hard luck losses as “gift wrapped” wins. Did YOU see the Indy game? (I didn’t think so.) How about the Atlanta game (7 fumbles, 4 lost and damn near won the game) — missed that one, too, huh? Or maybe the opening loss at GB with a pick to end the final drive in the 4th quater? This team beat Carolina, beat Arizona (badly), beat NY (I don’t give a damn WHO they did or didn’t play — if you watched the game you’d also know that Eli and the starters didn’t perform as well as his back-up (and if you know anything about recent history, you would also know that, for whatever reason, Eli has always struggled against MN — 4 picks, 3 pick-sixes last year and that game wasn’t the only stumble he’s had against Minny). One more stat for your sorry mind to comprehend, the Vikings 6 losses were against teams with a combined record of 60-36 including IND, TEN, ATL, TAM, CHI, GB.

Leave your trash comments on a website where no-one actually watches the game and where you can make idiotic remarks with no one actually checking the legitimacy of your response.

By the way, go Vikes!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Re: Interesting Viking stats/points...

"Formo" wrote:

“The Vikes were gift wrapped at least 3 wins that I know of this season and they are in the worst division in the NFL.”
    If you knew ANYTHING about football, you’d know that the NFC West is, by far, the worst division in football. On the basis of that comment alone, you should be disqualified from voicing another opinion on this or any other NFL website. Some “junkie” — you don’t even understand the game.

To take it a step further, the Vikings had at LEAST as many hard luck losses as “gift wrapped” wins. Did YOU see the Indy game? (I didn’t think so.) How about the Atlanta game (7 fumbles, 4 lost and gol 'darnit near won the game) — missed that one, too, huh? Or maybe the opening loss at GB with a pick to end the final drive in the 4th quater? This team beat Carolina, beat Arizona (badly), beat NY (I don’t give a gol 'darnit WHO they did or didn’t play — if you watched the game you’d also know that Eli and the starters didn’t perform as well as his back-up (and if you know anything about recent history, you would also know that, for whatever reason, Eli has always struggled against MN — 4 picks, 3 pick-sixes last year and that game wasn’t the only stumble he’s had against Minny). One more stat for your sorry mind to comprehend, the Vikings 6 losses were against teams with a combined record of 60-36 including IND, TEN, ATL, TAM, CHI, GB.

Leave your trash comments on a website where no-one actually watches the game and where you can make idiotic remarks with no one actually checking the legitimacy of your response.

By the way, go Vikes!
    People seem to forget about those hard pressed loses as well, they just point at some of our squeeked out wins....well a wins a win i dont care how you do it or how ugly it is....Any team can win on any day thats why when u make it to the playoffs the records dont count for shit anymore.

just some hater trying to sound smart bringing up an argument than u can against any team

and you cant forget the vikings had a hard schedule this year compared to most teams and our division really isnt that bad.....yes the lions suck but the packers still have a lot of talent on their team they just imploded and the bears were pretty solid soooo I dont see the argument

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"UMD_Bleeds_Purple" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:

To take it a step further, the Vikings had at LEAST as many hard luck losses as “gift wrapped” wins. Did YOU see the Indy game? (I didn’t think so.) How about the Atlanta game (7 fumbles, 4 lost and gol 'darnit near won the game) — missed that one, too, huh? Or maybe the opening loss at GB with a pick to end the final drive in the 4th quater? This team beat Carolina, beat Arizona (badly), beat NY (I don’t give a gol 'darnit WHO they did or didn’t play — if you watched the game you’d also know that Eli and the starters didn’t perform as well as his back-up (and if you know anything about recent history, you would also know that, for whatever reason, Eli has always struggled against MN — 4 picks, 3 pick-sixes last year and that game wasn’t the only stumble he’s had against Minny). One more stat for your sorry mind to comprehend, the Vikings 6 losses were against teams with a combined record of 60-36 including IND, TEN, ATL, TAM, CHI, GB.

By the way, go Vikes!
    People seem to forget about those hard pressed loses as well, they just point at some of our squeeked out wins....well a wins a win i dont care how you do it or how ugly it is....Any team can win on any day thats why when u make it to the playoffs the records dont count for shit anymore.

just some hater trying to sound smart bringing up an argument than u can against any team

and you cant forget the vikings had a hard schedule this year compared to most teams and our division really isnt that bad.....yes the lions suck but the packers still have a lot of talent on their team they just imploded and the bears were pretty solid soooo I dont see the argument

Another thing...we were never blown out in any of the 6 losses. We were always in the game at the end, with the possible exception of the Titans game. That shows me a lot about a team. They never gave up...and our D has kept us close in all these games.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

^ exactly

The Titans game was only game we lost by more than a TD and they were the hottest team in the league at that point.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Meh, we're a small-market team. People who aren't Vikes fans or are fans of a team outside our division never actually do their homework. How many times do they throw some outdated or paper-ranking stereotype at us:

-"The Vikings have no decent WR's" AKA "Peterson carries the whole offense 100%" (previous years, not so much now).
    -"They're a bunch of undisciplined criminals because of the Love Boat incident" (totally different team/staff and a a really minor thing once you get past all the media voyeurism).
    -"They can't stop the pass" (Because of the best run-D, Bend-don't Break scheme and these idiots only look at yardage tallies, not PPG or what we do to opposing offenses in the red zone).

These people don't watch our games or know more than the 3-4 names of our very best players. They look at ending stats and not the process. Of course, our team has areas that can use improvement, but every week something fluctuates, be it strategy, matchups, dumb luck, whatever. I'm actually a little more worried about us going up against the Eagles more than some of the other teams. They are a real variable in these playoffs. If we win tomorrow, some folks who actually watch a Vikes game on TV may start to change their minds. We could be a really dangerous team if we fire on all cylinders for a few weeks here.

Nobody out there is talking about the fact that the Vikings played and beat every NFC Division Champ this season.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Odin" wrote:
    ...Nobody out there is talking about the fact that the Vikings played and beat every NFC Division Champ this season.
    Why ruin a good story with the truth?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Who cares I enjoy being under the radar.

I don't want problems like the Dallas Cowboys and Ego's and all that crap.

I like us just being low key and letting or actions on the field speak for the type team we have become.

WIN takes care of everything else.

"MEN WE STAY THE COURSE"

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"Odin" wrote:
    Meh, we're a small-market team. People who aren't Vikes fans or are fans of a team outside our division never actually do their homework. How many times do they throw some outdated or paper-ranking stereotype at us:

-"The Vikings have no decent WR's" AKA "Peterson carries the whole offense 100%" (previous years, not so much now).
    -"They're a bunch of undisciplined criminals because of the Love Boat incident" (totally different team/staff and a a really minor thing once you get past all the media voyeurism).
    -"They can't stop the pass" (Because of the best run-D, Bend-don't Break scheme and these idiots only look at yardage tallies, not PPG or what we do to opposing offenses in the red zone).

These people don't watch our games or know more than the 3-4 names of our very best players. They look at ending stats and not the process. Of course, our team has areas that can use improvement, but every week something fluctuates, be it strategy, matchups, dumb luck, whatever. I'm actually a little more worried about us going up against the Eagles more than some of the other teams. They are a real variable in these playoffs. If we win tomorrow, some folks who actually watch a Vikes game on TV may start to change their minds. We could be a really dangerous team if we fire on all cylinders for a few weeks here.

Nobody out there is talking about the fact that the Vikings played and beat every NFC Division Champ this season.
    Great post! It's so true what you're saying. I hate it when people come up to me and tries "analysing" the Vikings when they really have no clue. I especially hate it when they mention the "Love Boat Scandal".
    I remember when one of my friend's mom heard that I liked the Vikings, she was like "Oh I don't like them cause they just seem like a bunch of criminals since the Love Boat Incident".

Alot of people also say that the Vikings have sucked for many, many years, and then I try to explain to them: "What about the late 90's?" But many of them still say that they were bad back then too, and they have not been good since the 70s when they had Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman, and the Purple People Eaters (How did the NOT manage to get a ring back then is beyond me). They clearly must have forgot, but how can they forget the 98 Vikings that set an NFL record for scoring the most total of points in a season, having a team record of 15–1, and perhaps having the best offense ever put together on a field (I would take the 89 Offense over the 70's Offense anyday). The Vikings were pretty good the next two years too. Reaching the playoffs in both years and losing to the Rams in 1999, that would go on to win the Super Bowl.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Another thing (don't have a direct post or link to) that I keep hearing about why people are saying the Eagles are gonna beat us and why they're favorites, has a lot to do with how we played down the stretch.
    They seem to forget we went 5-1 down the stretch....
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

IMissCris is offline Rookie

"Tad7" wrote:
    ^ exactly

The Titans game was only game we lost by more than a TD and they were the hottest team in the league at that point.
    +1....

....also, weren't we only down by like 6 AND had the ball with like 2:30 to go (I think i recall a Gus INT inside our own 20 on a tipped pass by Finnegan or someone, which set up a walk-in TD for them to ice it), which means that while the final difference was 13, we were still "in" that game with the ball in the final minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast