Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Interesting Viking article

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Los, when do you think Favre will retire?
    Okay, I know I'm not Los, but I'll give this one a shot.

I get the feeling that is the Packers had won it all last year, that Favre would no longer be playing. I think he wants a chance to go out on top, and the Packers were so close last year to getting by the Eagles, that it fueled his competitive tank for another year. If their close again this year, I think he'll come back for one more year, but that would be it. If they either win it all this year (something that I consider highly unlikely), or if they completely blow it (also unlikely, but I admit that grudgingly) and go into a true rebuilding phase, then he's gone.

So my official guess is two more years, including this year.

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

I think most Packer prognosticators would agree with you josdin00. Farve, his health, and ultimately the desire to play will be the ultimate determining factor. Just to add a little. About one to two years ago I felt Farve was looking to end it. I also got the impression his wife may have been fueling the fire. I now can see a calm in him that I have not seen before. If he approaches the decision with Logic, Purpose, Thought, and Wisdom he will recognize his place in history. Life is short, life on the gridiron is shorter, I believe Brett has grown to understand this. Get The Man another Championship so that he can rest.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    I think most Packer prognosticators would agree with you josdin00. Farve, his health, and ultimately the desire to play will be the ultimate determining factor. Just to add a little. About one to two years ago I felt Farve was looking to end it. I also got the impression his wife may have been fueling the fire. I now can see a calm in him that I have not seen before. If he approaches the decision with Logic, Purpose, Thought, and Wisdom he will recognize his place in history. Life is short, life on the gridiron is shorter, I believe Brett has grown to understand this. Get The Man another Championship so that he can rest.
    I also remember reading last year that his daughter is now in high school down in Mississippi, and that he was upset that he couldn't be there for her. That's why I think the retirement might come sooner rather than later.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345