Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Interesting Turn of Events

Los while talking about the changes on your D, you need to remember you can change coordinators and coaches all you want, but until you have talent on the field your defense is going to suck! We as vikings fans know this and I think you know this too, but I could care less who your D coordinator is, if you don't have talent, it's tough to have a better D!

P.S. How did your report cards turn out? What a pain in the @ss!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Interesting Turn of Events

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    My point: I haven't seen Packer fans quite this excited and jumpy for all the offseason moves.
    You guys were pretty excited about picking a punter in the third round.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    I say keep Moss, keep Tice, keep Cotrell.

It's good that Red's selling the team, remember the season the Vike's had the last time ownership changes(15-1 in 1998). Hopefully we'll get similar results. I'm not sure how I feel about our new Offensive Coordinator, he did a great job with our O-line, but will that translate. As long as he's not too conservative, which I fearl, I think he'll be alright and keep us in the top 5. I think we should promote Walsh to special teams coach, although this may have already been done, and I'm just not up to date.

The problem with our D is not coaching, it's personnel. Mainly at LB. We've got a solid line, and when Winfield, Chavous, Williams, and Russell are all healthy, I think they're a good secondary. Not outstanding, but good enough to excel with a solid front DL and LB core. None of our LB's are good blitzers or good in coverage. I thought Thomas and Henderson were going to be special, but I think I was wrong. We need a LB that makes a huge impact from a coverage standpoint and can neutralize the TE, but is still good at blitzing and stopping the run. Someone like Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, Teddy Bruschi. I'm know that isn't easy to find, but if we had someone like that on our D, it would make a huge difference.
    The LBs WILL be better next year...although I wouldn't mind getting ONE veteran (Kendrell Bell?) and going to the 3-4 next year (at least on passing downs).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

MN_Jet_Fan is offline Rookie

I can't agree here. McCombs sucks, but he cannot blamed for Rnady's lack of effort. Moss has been very well compensated to play regardless of the quality of defense, overall talent, etc.

"No, Red has tanked the Vikes for years.

In fact, I truly blame him for the majority of our current woes.

Do you think that Randy would half-a$$ on the field if we fielded a team with a Defense? A team taht could win every Sunday against ANY team? I don't.

I think that had Red *goat roper* McCombs bothered to field a quality product, Randy would be fired up and playing his butt off. But, seeing no hope in McCombs (lick spittle) ever putting anything remotely resembling a true effort in the Vikes, Randy has become frustrated...and I can't say that I blame him

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Los while talking about the changes on your D, you need to remember you can change coordinators and coaches all you want, but until you have talent on the field your defense is going to suck! We as vikings fans know this and I think you know this too, but I could care less who your D coordinator is, if you don't have talent, it's tough to have a better D!

P.S. How did your report cards turn out? What a pain in the @ss!
    LOL..I'm still working on them!

No, actually, I've never claimed we're GOING to be better. But, it struck me funny that there's the impression we're going to be better because of change. And that you guys are content to stand pat with what you have (assuming Moss doesn't go anywhere).

What I find funny is that we're sounding like each other from LAST offseason...that the Vikings were going to be so much better because so much had changed, and the Packers thought they were going to be better because little had changed.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Interesting Turn of Events

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Hey gang! Sorry I haven't been on as much...been a nusy time in Packerland and I've been trying to keep up.

Before the Viking game, I made a very serious post that the loser of the game would have a coach with a job change - if you guys lost that playoff game, I think Tice would have been out. If we lost, I predicted that Sherman would be out as GM.

Well, you won, and Tice got his vote of "confidence", which means you're stuck with him for another year. Depending on your view of Tice, you may regard that as good, but I think he's a terrible coach and the only reason he's staying is because you won your "SUper Bowl" against the Pack.

Now, on the Packer side, the loss sent us into some major reparations. Honestly, had we won, Sherman would have been once again given the benefit of the doubt and allowed to continue both jobs.

However, because we lost:

Ted Thompson, a Ron WOlf clone, has been hired over from Seattle and Sherman is bumped down to Head Coach. Sherman is visibly upset and ready to shake things up. Thompson is a very good drafter and personnel guy recommended by Wolf himself.

Our DLine coach quit and tucked tail to the college ranks.

Our Defensive backfield coach was let go, and he's now with the Rams.

And, most importantly, our Defensive Coordinator was relieved of his duties, and we've brought in Jim Bates from Miami to take over. By most scouting comments I've heard already, most scouts have already said our defense is significantly improved over last year by just hiring him.

Bob Slowik, the old DC, may move back to defnesive backs coach.

My point: I haven't seen Packer fans quite this excited and jumpy for all the offseason moves. There are probably going to be more slashes, including our Offensive Coordinator, who proved he can't call plays. And, our coach is going to be more hands-on, instead of on the phone all the time.

In what was kind of a funny game between two teams that really didn't have a chance against Atlanta or Philly, I feel a lot better now than oafter last year's Philly game...the loss has shaken things up, hopefully for the better.

You guys are mired in this "Trade Moss" talk. I feel for you, because I know that's got to be weighing heavily on everyone. As a biased Packer fan, I would be tempted to say that keeping your status quo intact, as you finished the last two seasons 3-6, may not be a good thing.

So, what was more important in that playoff game...the win? or the loss?

Should be an interesting rest of the offseason.
    hey los,
    welcome back! how is the wifes foot?

what is more important? well, its looks like things workd out for you guys so far. getting bates was a big coup!
    i dont think that u give tice enuff cred. imo linehan was the one who hurt the vikes the most with his playcalling.

on the moss talk, i dont understand how anyone can even think of trading someone who has scored 90 frickin td's in 7 years. that just blows my mind. trade anyone but moss. let him mope and such. throw a dog some meat and no matter how mad the dog is at his master, he will eat the meat.

you are right, it will be an interesting off season. you have six months to get your story straight!!lol and tice, and sherman, and mooch. lol there are going to be some heads on the block this year for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12