Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Re: Interesting Take On The Vikes From The Steeler Website

Good read with good points!!!
    Led the league in penalties!?!??
    D'OH!!!

Somebody here did a really nice job of dissecting all those penalties, just a while back...can't find it now?
    Anyway, a very high percentage of the penalties were, pre-snap, mostly on offense, but a good share on the dline too...drop those alone, at least in half, and it could easily mean another 3 or 7 points a game!
    6 of our 10 losses were by less than a touchdown!!

I definitely think this team has a chance to surprise folks!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

KRob18 is offline Rookie

"Billy" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Even with the loss of defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin, the Vikings scheme is still in place, with no negative personnel losses -- unless you consider Fred Smoot a positive contributor to a team. All Childress needs to do is crack the whip in regards to penalties, and second-year quarterback Tarvaris Jackson needs to protect the ball -- it'll take serious effort for him to do worse than Johnson did last season -- and this team is three or four games better.http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0733.html
    I think we would be lucky if Tjack puts up similar numbers to Johnsons. He has no one to throw too and he is very inexperienced.
    Yes, because the somebodies at receiever that we had last year, performed so well.

10-4 likely puts us in the playoffs.
    Interesting prediction from an outsider.
    But 9-7 might not.

10 wins, 4 losses
    ???

Where I'm from, 10+4=14
    :P
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Good read with good points!!!
    Led the league in penalties!?!??
    D'OH!!!

Somebody here did a really nice job of dissecting all those penalties, just a while back...can't find it now?
    Anyway, a very high percentage of the penalties were, pre-snap, mostly on offense, but a good share on the dline too...drop those alone, at least in half, and it could easily mean another 3 or 7 points a game!
    6 of our 10 losses were by less than a touchdown!!

I definitely think this team has a chance to surprise folks!
    Yes, the offensive line penalties and the fact that we only lost 6 games by less than a TD means that anything could happen.
    Don't tell that to the Chicken Little crowd though....they're waiting in the wings and will surface in force after the first loss of the season.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Minnesota Vikings
    I'm already anticipating the PPO love-fest which will be pouring out towards this dear writer, clearly one of the few bright thinkers out there in the universe of football pundits.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Duffy15" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Even with the loss of defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin, the Vikings scheme is still in place, with no negative personnel losses -- unless you consider Fred Smoot a positive contributor to a team. All Childress needs to do is crack the whip in regards to penalties, and second-year quarterback Tarvaris Jackson needs to protect the ball -- it'll take serious effort for him to do worse than Johnson did last season -- and this team is three or four games better.http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0733.html
    I think we would be lucky if Tjack puts up similar numbers to Johnsons. He has no one to throw too and he is very inexperienced.
    Yes, because the somebodies at receiever that we had last year, performed so well.

Interesting prediction from an outsider.
    But 9-7 might not.
    If we went 9-7 I would be satisfied, even if we didn't make the playoffs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Prophet" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    ...I meant to say that he has no one that is proven to throw too. Do you honestly think that we have good recievers?
    A few will surface from the ashes, a rough ride in the beginning.
    The running attack should hopefully buy some time.

My guess is within the next two years fans will be grabbing jerseys of at least one of the clowns in the WR slot on the Vikes.
    I guess by default someone will have to be the leading reciever this year. I don't think any of our recievers would be a starter on most NFL teams. I hope that the recievers suprise me and turn out to be very good, but until proven otherwise I will continue to consider them a bunch of nobody's.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    ...I meant to say that he has no one that is proven to throw too. Do you honestly think that we have good recievers?
    A few will surface from the ashes, a rough ride in the beginning.
    The running attack should hopefully buy some time.

My guess is within the next two years fans will be grabbing jerseys of at least one of the clowns in the WR slot on the Vikes.
    I guess by default someone will have to be the leading reciever this year. I don't think any of our recievers would be a starter on most NFL teams. I hope that the recievers suprise me and turn out to be very good, but until proven otherwise I will continue to consider them a bunch of nobody's.
    WRs have always been a dime a dozen.
    I have no reason to not believe that a couple will rise from the ashes....a couple that survive the cuts.
    WRs are over glorified.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Johnson put up some of the worst numbers possible for a starting QB, most rookie QBs last year outplayed him, I don't think it is difficult for a 2nd year player as talented as Tarvaris to do the same.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

What Childress interview (it was a video) likened or WR corps to the LB's from last year?
    Anyways, I trust Chilly's evaluations of his talent, and if he says they are like the LB of last year, we'll be in great shape. Maybe no Pro-Bowlers in the group, but with TJ's arm things can happen.....

I'm not too worried about them actually. If we have chester to pound the ball, Peterson to catch it out of the back field, Williamson and Shiancoe for the inside short routes (those are def Troy's strongest), Wade in the slot, Rice and Allison hopefully for the long balls and JCar on the practice team, I think, if used properly, they can handle their biznaz real well
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast