Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Interesting Take On The Vikes From The Steeler Website

Minnesota Vikings

Vikings coach Brad Childress received more criticism of any non-criminal sports-related figure in the country last season. From children dressing as him for Halloween complete with bald head and boring play chart, to his refusal to work with the media in Minneapolis, his reception has turned as cold as his nickname "Chilly." However, if you look at what the Vikings were trying to accomplish last year, he had his team on the right track. This team beat itself far too often. But this is a very correctable problem.

The Vikings had 123 penalties as a team last year. That's six higher than the second-place Kansas City Chiefs. Not every first year coach gets the hand Saints coach Sean Payton was dealt -- Drew Brees, Reggie Bush, Colston in the 7th round. Childress had an uphill battle considering Brad Johnson was probably the worst quarterback in the league last season. But Chester Taylor quietly had a great season. 7th pick overall Adrian Peterson provides the Vikings the opportunity to draw up indefensible offenses like what Payton has in New Orleans.

Even with the loss of defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin, the Vikings scheme is still in place, with no negative personnel losses -- unless you consider Fred Smoot a positive contributor to a team. All Childress needs to do is crack the whip in regards to penalties, and second-year quarterback Tarvaris Jackson needs to protect the ball -- it'll take serious effort for him to do worse than Johnson did last season -- and this team is three or four games better.
    http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0733.html
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Interesting Take On The Vikes From The Steeler Website

Good read Cojo.

As people realize what is really going on up there in the land of 10,000 lakes I think we will start to see better press reports, unlike what you see from your local hacks up there. (I.e Mr. Tom Powers)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Minnesota Vikings

Vikings coach Brad Childress received more criticism of any non-criminal sports-related figure in the country last season. From children dressing as him for Halloween complete with bald head and boring play chart, to his refusal to work with the media in Minneapolis, his reception has turned as cold as his nickname "Chilly." However, if you look at what the Vikings were trying to accomplish last year, he had his team on the right track. This team beat itself far too often. But this is a very correctable problem.

The Vikings had 123 penalties as a team last year. That's six higher than the second-place Kansas City Chiefs. Not every first year coach gets the hand Saints coach Sean Payton was dealt -- Drew Brees, Reggie Bush, Colston in the 7th round. Childress had an uphill battle considering Brad Johnson was probably the worst quarterback in the league last season. But Chester Taylor quietly had a great season. 7th pick overall Adrian Peterson provides the Vikings the opportunity to draw up indefensible offenses like what Payton has in New Orleans.

Even with the loss of defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin, the Vikings scheme is still in place, with no negative personnel losses -- unless you consider Fred Smoot a positive contributor to a team. All Childress needs to do is crack the whip in regards to penalties, and second-year quarterback Tarvaris Jackson needs to protect the ball -- it'll take serious effort for him to do worse than Johnson did last season -- and this team is three or four games better.
    I think we would be lucky if Tjack puts up similar numbers to Johnsons. He has no one to throw too and he is very inexperienced.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

That's a really good find.

I hope our team and coaches will do this optimism justice.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"cogitans" wrote:
    That's a really good find.

I hope our team and coaches will do this optimism justice.
    Thanks for digging that up Cojo.
    Interesting find.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Even with the loss of defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin, the Vikings scheme is still in place, with no negative personnel losses -- unless you consider Fred Smoot a positive contributor to a team. All Childress needs to do is crack the whip in regards to penalties, and second-year quarterback Tarvaris Jackson needs to protect the ball -- it'll take serious effort for him to do worse than Johnson did last season -- and this team is three or four games better.http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0733.html
    I think we would be lucky if Tjack puts up similar numbers to Johnsons. He has no one to throw too and he is very inexperienced.
    Yes, because the somebodies at receiever that we had last year, performed so well.

10-4 likely puts us in the playoffs.
    Interesting prediction from an outsider.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Minnesota Vikings

Your like a broken record my friend.
    ;D

As with the last time you said something like this, I checked and there are WR on the roster.
    Sure they aren't the sick lame and lazy "Big Name" "Proven" old has beens that are out there on the market, but they are there.

Heck they have even been going to OTA's, player meetings and everything.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Minnesota Vikings

;D

As with the last time you said something like this, I checked and there are WR on the roster.
    Sure they aren't the sick lame and lazy "Big Name" "Proven" old has beens that are out there on the market, but they are there.

;D
    I meant to say that he has no one that is proven to throw too. Do you honestly think that we have good recievers?

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Minnesota Vikings

;D

;D
    I meant to say that he has no one that is proven to throw too. Do you honestly think that we have good recievers?
    Yes, I believe that by the end of the year or WR's will be considered the suprise of the season along with the performance of our young QB.

Pro-bowl performances..... Hmmmmm... : Maybe out of Wade only, but still impressive enough to get people to eat crow.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    ...I meant to say that he has no one that is proven to throw too. Do you honestly think that we have good recievers?
    A few will surface from the ashes, a rough ride in the beginning.
    The running attack should hopefully buy some time.

My guess is within the next two years fans will be grabbing jerseys of at least one of the clowns in the WR slot on the Vikes.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast