Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Interesting Stats

    The top 5 defensive teams (DEN, WAS, MIA, TB, PIT) have a combined record of 13-17 (.433 winning %)

    The top 5 offensive teams (MIN, IND, GB, StL, DEN) have a combined record of 19-9 (.679 winning %)


    Okay, that's suprizing for two reasons. One, you always hear that defense wins championships, and so you'd expect the top defensive teams to have the advantage. Two, I had no idea that Denver was in the top five in both offense and defense.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    969

    Interesting Stats

    That is very intresting Josdin.

  3. #3
    2fat4uVike's Avatar
    2fat4uVike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    67

    Interesting Stats

    Yeah the Donkey's have quietly been making a go of it this year. If it weren't for Droughns I probably wouldn't have paid much attention to how they've been doing. The Vikings have done an awefully impressive job of producing a stable that even the Donkeys have got to be envious of, and we haven't even been able to see what our #5 guy Ned can do in regular season, Tice keeps him on the roster for a reason. :thumbright:
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

  4. #4
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991

    Interesting Stats

    We would beat the donkeys just like last year!! I wonder how good the competition they've played has been! I would love to see a healthy Moss go against a healthy Champ Bailey!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  5. #5
    pep2moss is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    105

    Interesting Stats

    that would be fun to watch moss go at it with champ but champ couldn't do it alone and noone can come close, but that stat is very interesting considering the old saying "Defense wins championships"

  6. #6
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Interesting Stats

    "pep2moss" wrote:
    that would be fun to watch moss go at it with champ but champ couldn't do it alone and noone can come close, but that stat is very interesting considering the old saying "Defense wins championships"
    Remember this is only the regular season...offense usually can get most teams into the playoffs, but once the teams are there they usually have to tighten up on defense or they get beat...can anyone say Vikes vs. ATL in '98 or Vikes vs. NYG? Hate to bring up bad memories, but if we would have had a better defense both years we would have won and gone onto the Super Bowl.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #7
    hovan's Avatar
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: Interesting Stats

    "josdin00" wrote:
    The top 5 defensive teams (DEN, WAS, MIA, TB, PIT) have a combined record of 13-17 (.433 winning %)

    The top 5 offensive teams (MIN, IND, GB, StL, DEN) have a combined record of 19-9 (.679 winning %)


    Okay, that's suprizing for two reasons. One, you always hear that defense wins championships, and so you'd expect the top defensive teams to have the advantage. Two, I had no idea that Denver was in the top five in both offense and defense.
    Yeah, and the Packers are tainting the Offensive teams' record.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

  8. #8
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Interesting Stats

    "hovan" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    The top 5 defensive teams (DEN, WAS, MIA, TB, PIT) have a combined record of 13-17 (.433 winning %)

    The top 5 offensive teams (MIN, IND, GB, StL, DEN) have a combined record of 19-9 (.679 winning %)


    Okay, that's suprizing for two reasons. One, you always hear that defense wins championships, and so you'd expect the top defensive teams to have the advantage. Two, I had no idea that Denver was in the top five in both offense and defense.
    Yeah, and the Packers are tainting the Offensive teams' record.
    ROTFLMMFAO!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,114

    Interesting Stats

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    We would beat the donkeys just like last year!! I wonder how good the competition they've played has been! I would love to see a healthy Moss go against a healthy Champ Bailey!
    That would be a match up to see...but GREAT post Jusdin00 nice sig by the way 2

    and I would almost bet they say that the Def wins because it holds the best of offensive teams to little or nothing something the Vikes HAVE to work on...

    SKOL
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

  10. #10
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,412

    Interesting Stats

    Heres a very cool stat to have each week.

    From the NFC Notes section:

    Darren Bennett didn't punt against the Saints, thanks to the 605 yards of offense the Vikings gained in the game. "Our punter was a pain in the butt on the sideline," coach Mike Tice joked. "He was so bored. He kept telling me what to do. He needs to punt a little bit so he leaves me alone."
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a


Similar Threads

  1. Two interesting Vikings Stats
    By josdin00 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 12:01 PM
  2. Interesting Gus Stats
    By hav0x in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 11:15 AM
  3. Interesting Stats Of The Week
    By shockzilla in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 02:36 AM
  4. Interesting stats on blocking KGB
    By sdvikefan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 09:51 PM
  5. Interesting opening day stats
    By josdin00 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 03:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •