josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Interesting Stats

The top 5 defensive teams (DEN, WAS, MIA, TB, PIT) have a combined record of 13-17 (.433 winning %)

The top 5 offensive teams (MIN, IND, GB, StL, DEN) have a combined record of 19-9 (.679 winning %)

Okay, that's suprizing for two reasons. One, you always hear that defense wins championships, and so you'd expect the top defensive teams to have the advantage. Two, I had no idea that Denver was in the top five in both offense and defense.

Interesting Stats

That is very intresting Josdin.

2fat4uVike is offline Rookie

Interesting Stats

Yeah the Donkey's have quietly been making a go of it this year. If it weren't for Droughns I probably wouldn't have paid much attention to how they've been doing. The Vikings have done an awefully impressive job of producing a stable that even the Donkeys have got to be envious of, and we haven't even been able to see what our #5 guy Ned can do in regular season, Tice keeps him on the roster for a reason. :thumbright:
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Interesting Stats

We would beat the donkeys just like last year!! I wonder how good the competition they've played has been! I would love to see a healthy Moss go against a healthy Champ Bailey!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

pep2moss is offline Rookie

Interesting Stats

that would be fun to watch moss go at it with champ but champ couldn't do it alone and noone can come close, but that stat is very interesting considering the old saying "Defense wins championships"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Interesting Stats

"pep2moss" wrote:
    that would be fun to watch moss go at it with champ but champ couldn't do it alone and noone can come close, but that stat is very interesting considering the old saying "Defense wins championships"
    Remember this is only the regular season...offense usually can get most teams into the playoffs, but once the teams are there they usually have to tighten up on defense or they get beat...can anyone say Vikes vs. ATL in '98 or Vikes vs. NYG? Hate to bring up bad memories, but if we would have had a better defense both years we would have won and gone onto the Super Bowl.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Interesting Stats

"josdin00" wrote:
    The top 5 defensive teams (DEN, WAS, MIA, TB, PIT) have a combined record of 13-17 (.433 winning %)

The top 5 offensive teams (MIN, IND, GB, StL, DEN) have a combined record of 19-9 (.679 winning %)

Okay, that's suprizing for two reasons. One, you always hear that defense wins championships, and so you'd expect the top defensive teams to have the advantage. Two, I had no idea that Denver was in the top five in both offense and defense.
    Yeah, and the Packers are tainting the Offensive teams' record.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Interesting Stats

"hovan" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:

Yeah, and the Packers are tainting the Offensive teams' record.
    ROTFLMMFAO!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Interesting Stats

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    We would beat the donkeys just like last year!! I wonder how good the competition they've played has been! I would love to see a healthy Moss go against a healthy Champ Bailey!
    That would be a match up to see...but GREAT post Jusdin00 nice sig by the way 2

and I would almost bet they say that the Def wins because it holds the best of offensive teams to little or nothing something the Vikes HAVE to work on...

SKOL
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Interesting Stats

Heres a very cool stat to have each week.

From the NFC Notes section:

Darren Bennett didn't punt against the Saints, thanks to the 605 yards of offense the Vikings gained in the game. "Our punter was a pain in the butt on the sideline," coach Mike Tice joked. "He was so bored. He kept telling me what to do. He needs to punt a little bit so he leaves me alone."
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a