Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Interesting Questions And Answers

"Zeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Supplement through free agency should mean picking up a stud DE!!
    Who?

And don't say Jared Allen.

=Z=
    Suggs!

Thanks josdin00

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Who?

=Z=

I wish, he will get locked up

Otherwise there are a few like Suggs we should strongly persue

We just need an every down DE who can get alot of pressure and play the run.. Mixing in some Robison and Ray (who I think will be a stud in a couple years) We would be good

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"AngloVike" wrote:
    akvikesfan: Can you clarify exactly what Childress and Zygi Wilf have stated as far as off season spending goes? A lot of people are throwing around a lot of different statements from not spending a dime to wanting to max out this year’s cap limit.

KS: My understanding is that the Wilfs are prepared to spend whatever Childress and Rick Spielman ask them to spend. They have made this clear on multiple occasions. Part of that sentiment, however, is based on Spielman’s stated desire to build through the draft and supplement through free agency. In other words, the Wilfs know Spielman probably isn’t going to ask them to sign another team’s franchise player, for instance.

This offseason, I would expect another year of signing complementary players on the free agent market and then pursuing core players in the draft.

That would suggest to me that we look for a WR via FA and target a good pass rushing DE in the draft... course I could be completely wrong on that idea.
    Rite on .

I d go farest away,that could suggest they don´t expect to bring up some big FA names neither .....
    El underdog.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Bucky Scribner: In your humble opinion, are the players truly behind Tarvaris Jackson as their future quarterback?

KS: I think most players realize Tarvaris is the most comfortable option for 2008. Many of them have spent two years working with him, and they know that a new quarterback – even if it’s an accomplished guy like Donovan McNabb – would take time and a lot of extra work to get comfortable with. I’m sure there are plenty of players who know Tarvaris has a lot of work ahead of him, but I think they support him over bringing in someone else and starting over again. More than anything, they want stability, and Tarvaris is the guy that offers it...
    Anyone honestly think that McNabb would have a difficult time running this offense and getting use to WRs.

I don't!
    He has the confidence and the ability to command an offense at the NFL level, especially the one that he is already use to.
    KS, I don't think that you were thinking when you put his name in the paragraph.
    I would believe it more if you said Derrick Anderson.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"tb04512" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Who?

=Z=
    Suggs!

Much better chance of getting him than Allen (franchise tag). I could certainly live with that!
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Very nice read my friend. Thanks.....

One item of interest.

akvikesfan: Can you clarify exactly what Childress and Zygi Wilf have stated as far as off season spending goes? A lot of people are throwing around a lot of different statements from not spending a dime to wanting to max out this year’s cap limit.

KS: My understanding is that the Wilfs are prepared to spend whatever Childress and Rick Spielman ask them to spend. They have made this clear on multiple occasions. Part of that sentiment, however, is based on Spielman’s stated desire to build through the draft and supplement through free agency. In other words, the Wilfs know Spielman probably isn’t going to ask them to sign another team’s franchise player, for instance.

This offseason, I would expect another year of signing complementary players on the free agent market and then pursuing core players in the draft.
    I know I beat this to death, but are people really that missinformed as to what everyones role is on a NFL staff?

Does anyone really believe that the Chiller sets the spending limits with the owner?

Jeeezzz Luizzzzeee

At least the author seems to understand everyones role.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:

Bucky Scribner: In your humble opinion, are the players truly behind Tarvaris Jackson as their future quarterback?

KS: I think most players realize Tarvaris is the most comfortable option for 2008. Many of them have spent two years working with him, and they know that a new quarterback – even if it’s an accomplished guy like Donovan McNabb – would take time and a lot of extra work to get comfortable with. I’m sure there are plenty of players who know Tarvaris has a lot of work ahead of him, but I think they support him over bringing in someone else and starting over again. More than anything, they want stability, and Tarvaris is the guy that offers it...
    Anyone honestly think that McNabb would have a difficult time running this offense and getting use to WRs.

I don't!
    He has the confidence and the ability to command an offense at the NFL level, especially the one that he is already use to.
    KS, I don't think that you were thinking when you put his name in the paragraph.
    McNabb would fit right in. If I remember correctly wasn't Childress his OC in Philly and college QB coach?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

I don't!
    McNabb would fit right in. If I remember correctly wasn't Childress his OC in Philly and college QB coach?
    Yes, Childress was the OC in Philadelphia, but recent reports are indicating that McNabb and Reid had a much closer relationship than he did with The Big Chill.

No, Childress was never his college coach.
    Childress's college coaching career never took him to Syracuse.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

I don't!
    Yes, Childress was the OC in Philadelphia, but recent reports are indicating that McNabb and Reid had a much closer relationship than he did with The Big Chill.

=Z=
    Who is the guy from our organization that has ties to Syracuse when McNabb was there?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

I don't!

=Z=
    Coach Rogers is the tie that binds.
    ;D

http://www.hokiesports.com/staff/rogers.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast