Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Interesting information on potential PSLs

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1082034
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082029
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1082025
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081999
    Kindof related, however, I was listening to the guys on ESPN talking about teams sending stuff out that said only "General" seating season ticket holders would get thier tickets payment returned if a lockout happened.

Cats with PSL's wouldn't.
    That is 100% categorically untrue.

All general season ticket holders would definitely get their money back. Premium seat holders, which includes club seats and the touchdown club, MAY not - it is up to the individual club (this is because general tickets are currently part of the revenue sharing model, premium seats are not).

Buying a PSL does NOT mean that you have a premium seat.
    I don't know if its true or not, they were discussion it on Mike and MIke and were referencing something the league sent out.
    Yup, I am aware of the league decision, and I heard mike and mike talking about it as well, although yesterday, not this morning. You agree mistaking PSLs for premium seats. PSLs apply to all seats, both general and premium. As long as you have a nonpremium seat, the league has mandated that you receive 100% of the ticket price back in the event of a lockout.

Now where the confusion may have come in is in reference to the PSL itself. If you but a PSL for, say, the new york giants this summer, and there is a lockout in 2011, you would get the price of your ticket back, but not the price of the PSL itself. This is because you still actually OWN the PSL. A PSL is a one time fee that a ticket holder buys, which grants them the right to buy season tickets for specific seats. They are transferable and sellable. You would still own the PSL the following year when the games are on again, and wouldn't have to buy the PSL again.
    That is so wrong. The outrage will be very loud if this actually happens.
    It would be like buying a time share only to find out the building is condemned.
    Yeah you own it, but you can't use it for anything.
    The other problem would be those that opted for a payment plan on there PSL. Making payments during a lockout is not cool.

All and all I don't have any problem with PSL's. It's an agreement between a seller and buyer.

My hope is that first year I'll be able to sell a couple of premium games to pay for the PSL.

Anyhow I better start saving. I intend to be a season ticket holder for life.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Interesting information on potential PSLs

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1082065
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1082034
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082029
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1082025
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081999
    Kindof related, however, I was listening to the guys on ESPN talking about teams sending stuff out that said only "General" seating season ticket holders would get thier tickets payment returned if a lockout happened.

Cats with PSL's wouldn't.
    That is 100% categorically untrue.

All general season ticket holders would definitely get their money back. Premium seat holders, which includes club seats and the touchdown club, MAY not - it is up to the individual club (this is because general tickets are currently part of the revenue sharing model, premium seats are not).

Buying a PSL does NOT mean that you have a premium seat.
    I don't know if its true or not, they were discussion it on Mike and MIke and were referencing something the league sent out.
    Yup, I am aware of the league decision, and I heard mike and mike talking about it as well, although yesterday, not this morning. You agree mistaking PSLs for premium seats. PSLs apply to all seats, both general and premium. As long as you have a nonpremium seat, the league has mandated that you receive 100% of the ticket price back in the event of a lockout.

Now where the confusion may have come in is in reference to the PSL itself. If you but a PSL for, say, the new york giants this summer, and there is a lockout in 2011, you would get the price of your ticket back, but not the price of the PSL itself. This is because you still actually OWN the PSL. A PSL is a one time fee that a ticket holder buys, which grants them the right to buy season tickets for specific seats. They are transferable and sellable. You would still own the PSL the following year when the games are on again, and wouldn't have to buy the PSL again.
    That is so wrong. The outrage will be very loud if this actually happens.
    It would be like buying a time share only to find out the building is condemned.
    Yeah you own it, but you can't use it for anything.
    The other problem would be those that opted for a payment plan on there PSL. Making payments during a lockout is not cool.

All and all I don't have any problem with PSL's. It's an agreement between a seller and buyer.

My hope is that first year I'll be able to sell a couple of premium games to pay for the PSL.

Anyhow I better start saving. I intend to be a season ticket holder for life.
    I don't think the outrage would be too terribly loud.

The various stadiums have already sold all of their PSLs. They only get to sell them once (unless the owner chooses to let them deault back to the team). The vast majority of the PSLs that are being bought and sold right now are on the secondary market. The only time that there would be a large number of new PSLs for sale is when a new stadium is built - and that isn't happening anywhere in the next year. Even if the Vikings stadium gets approved, it doesn't even break ground until after next year.

People are trying to make more out of this than it really is. Hell, the secondary market price for PSLs will probably go DOWN in the event of a lockout. New buyers would get a deal.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12