Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Interesting information on potential PSLs

I was invited to participate in a survey for the Minnesota Vikings regarding a new stadium design. One of the sections dealt with PSLs.

NOTE: It is important to note that the development of a new stadium is still in the early stages of planning, therefore, no final decisions have been made as to the seating concepts that would be included in the final design or their related pricing.

Anyway, here are the basic sections with ticket price and PSL options from the survey:

Club Seats
    PSL: $5,000 - $10,000
    Tickets: $225-$325 per seat per game

Area A
    PSL: $3000-$5000
    Tickets: $125-$150 per seat per game

Area B
    PSL: $85-$115
    Tickets: $2000-$4000 per seat per game

Area C
    PSL: $75-$1000
    Tickets: $1000-$2000 per seat per game

Area D
    PSL: $50-$75
    Tickets: $500-$1500 per seat per game

Also, they are considering financing options for PSLs.
    Multiple payment options may be available for Personal Seat Licenses, including full upfront payment, payment in installments over 2 to 3 years interest free, or payment of 25% of the Personal Seat License Fee upfront with the balance payable over 5 to 15 years at a reasonable interest rate.
    All in all, these numbers are where I expected them to be. There will certainly be PSLs involved with the new stadium, and the prices that they were feeling out didn't seem to be too outrageous when compared to other NFL stadiums. The financing bit helps. And keep in mind that once you buy a PSL, you can resell it, so there is a possibility of recouping your investment if you decide to stop being a ticket holder.

I like the idea of PSLs. They are a viable way to help pay for the stadium (not too much though, probably around $75 million by my estimate). And they create more of a vested interest for the fans. If you spend money on a PSL, you are less likely to jump ship just because of one bad season. The fact that Minnesota has had a twelve year sellout streak WITHOUT PSLs is amazing.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Interesting information on potential PSLs

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1081973
    Area D
    Holy crap, that's an expensive ticket for upper-deck seats!!!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Kindof related, however, I was listening to the guys on ESPN talking about teams sending stuff out that said only "General" seating season ticket holders would get thier tickets payment returned if a lockout happened.

Cats with PSL's wouldn't.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081999
    Kindof related, however, I was listening to the guys on ESPN talking about teams sending stuff out that said only "General" seating season ticket holders would get thier tickets payment returned if a lockout happened.

That is 100% categorically untrue.

All general season ticket holders would definitely get their money back. Premium seat holders, which includes club seats and the touchdown club, MAY not - it is up to the individual club (this is because general tickets are currently part of the revenue sharing model, premium seats are not).

Buying a PSL does NOT mean that you have a premium seat.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1081979
    Area D

=Z=
    Lol. Alright smart ass.

Obviously I flipped the PSL price and the ticket price on a couple of those...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1082025

All general season ticket holders would definitely get their money back. Premium seat holders, which includes club seats and the touchdown club, MAY not - it is up to the individual club (this is because general tickets are currently part of the revenue sharing model, premium seats are not).

I don't know if its true or not, they were discussion it on Mike and MIke and were referencing something the league sent out.

Edit: Did a quick search........

Commissioner Roger Goodell announced today a league-wide ticket refund policy for any 2011 preseason and regular-season games that are cancelled due to a work stoppage.

The policy would apply to all general admission tickets. Each club would determine its own policies for club seats, suites, and payments for personal seat licenses.
    NFL Lockout Ticket Policy

Guess the PSL returns will be something each team does on thier own.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082029
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1082025

I don't know if its true or not, they were discussion it on Mike and MIke and were referencing something the league sent out.
    Yup, I am aware of the league decision, and I heard mike and mike talking about it as well, although yesterday, not this morning. You agree mistaking PSLs for premium seats. PSLs apply to all seats, both general and premium. As long as you have a nonpremium seat, the league has mandated that you receive 100% of the ticket price back in the event of a lockout.

Now where the confusion may have come in is in reference to the PSL itself. If you but a PSL for, say, the new york giants this summer, and there is a lockout in 2011, you would get the price of your ticket back, but not the price of the PSL itself. This is because you still actually OWN the PSL. A PSL is a one time fee that a ticket holder buys, which grants them the right to buy season tickets for specific seats. They are transferable and sellable. You would still own the PSL the following year when the games are on again, and wouldn't have to buy the PSL again.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Area D

=Z=
    Here in Cincinnati (about as conservative a Midwest town as you'll find, and not a great product on the field), the cheapest season tickets average out to $60 per seat, and the majority of the upper deck seats are $68 each. The PSLs for those tickets are $300 and $480 respectively.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "purplepat" #1082058
    Area D

=Z=
    Here in Cincinnati (about as conservative a Midwest town as you'll find, and not a great product on the field), the cheapest season tickets average out to $60 per seat, and the majority of the upper deck seats are $68 each. The PSLs for those tickets are $300 and $480 respectively.
    That sounds about right. I expect the PSLs for upper deck to be $500 when the new stadium is built.

If this was how the stadium were to look (I know it is just for survery purposed), I would aim for Area B. Prices are in my range still, and I can swing $2k per seat for a PSL. That is about the upper limit for me though.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1082061
    Quote Originally Posted by "purplepat" #1082058
    Area D
    That sounds about right. I expect the PSLs for upper deck to be $500 when the new stadium is built.

If this was how the stadium were to look (I know it is just for survery purposed), I would aim for Area B. Prices are in my range still, and I can swing $2k per seat for a PSL. That is about the upper limit for me though.
    Area D, baby. Where the real fans are.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast