PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Interesting on DC

USA Today...
    But there's much more to Culpepper's success this season than statistics. A good example came in the first quarter of the Saints game.

Culpepper forced a pass into the end zone on third down in the red zone on the first possession. Ashley Ambrose intercepted it.

"Daunte came to the sideline, looked at the Polaroid and said, `The next time they show that coverage, I'll check down to the running back in the flat,'" offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said.

The next time the Vikings reached the end zone, they were facing third-and-nine from the 15. Culpepper looked over the middle, saw it covered and dumped the ball to RB Moe Williams in the right flat. Williams gained 13 yards and the Vikings scored a touchdown two plays later.

Interesting on DC

I love how pepp has grown up and instead of letting things like a pick get to him, he goes to the overhead shots and figures out what he did wrong so he can learn from his mistake and obviously he did. This is why he is performing the way he is. His decision making has improved greatly over his career and he will get a ring in Minnesota before the end of his career!
    Through Wind, Snow, Sleet, or Rain, all will feel the purple pain!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Interesting on DC

Very nice, props to Daunte. I liked it too, how in the fourth quarter, we were actually able to make first downs to take some time off the clock. In the past we would have lost those types of games on the road because Daunte didn't seem to respond well to pressure and the offense would stall. They said on the radio the other day, that Daunte now has enough confidence that he's actually having fun. They compared it to Brett Favre in the past, that this is now HIS GAME, and everyone else is just there to help him have fun with it.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Interesting on DC

I think it shows great resolve to recognize situations that the team could exploit...very easy to get confused, especially under pressure and to see situations, recognize potential of it (whether good or bad) react somewhat calmly, and all this in a span of seconds.
    I'm sure it's a trait that all good/great QB's need to possess, but compared to past seasons....I'm happy to see his growth and DB recognizes it also.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Interesting on DC

He is going to be one of the best QBs in NFL history when he ends his career. He had a slow start, but I dont think this is just a "spurt" of good games. His attitude shows that this is how he expects himself to play. This is no better or worse than he wanted to be. If you look at him therough highschool and college, games like these are what he does all the time, not jsut one year.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]