Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re:Inside the playbook: the Tampa 2

Why would you want to replace KW with Haynesworth, though? Albert's a big guy. 350 lbs. He's someone who can eat up blockers, stop the run and get up the field and get some pressure. That is what makes him so great. I think that Marrdro had him in mind to play NT at Pat's spot.

Again, I don't like him. He's lazy, overpriced, bad attitude, just one amazing year which happend to be a contract year. There's just so many knocks on the guy.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Now if they go out and sign a Henderson or a certain DT from the Deadskins, all my fears are gone as I believe that the other two positions excell when the DL excells and drop off when the DL drops off.
    1. Why is it that you always seem to think other teams' castoffs are the answer?
    =Z=
    I never want cast offs. I want the staff to have the vision/forsight to draft a cat early enough in the process so that he can be groomed/grow in the scheme with the players that he will play with.

2. Haynesworth can't just be signed. They would have to trade for him.
    DUH.....

Don't you think that some sort of restructuring of the contract would follow (even though he could be had cheap) for a cat of his ilk?
    I don't get why you're so high on him, anyway.

He's never been healthy for 16 games. Not once in his career. The man is a total douchebag, stomping on people's helmets and carrying himself the way he has been doing in Washington, he'll whine your ears off as soon as he won't be taking a large portion of the snaps and lastly, he hasn't been that impressive, apart from in his contract year.
    Sounds like a typical jock to me. Guess what, the gridiron is full of them.....

Truth of the matter is, he is a damn good DT who has made one bad trangression (helmet stomp) and now doesn't want to play in the scheme that the new staff is bringing to the table.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    updated for this year. Included Pat just for shiggles

Kevin Williams versus the 100 Million Dollar Man

Career Games
    KW - 110 (7 years) *Started all 16 games 6/7 years
    AH - 102 (8 years) *Never started 16 in a Season
    PW - 184 (13 yeras)

Career Tackles
    KW - 327 (243 solo)
    AH - 308 (228 solo)
    PW - 536 (331 solo

Career Sacks
    KW - 48.5
    AH - 28
    PW - 20.5

Career Forced Fumbles
    KW - 5
    AH - 6
    PW - 6

Career Pass Deflections
    KW - 40
    AH - 23
    PW - 15

Career INTs
    KW - 4 (including 2 TDs)
    AH - 0
    PW - 1 (for a td)

Contract
    KW - 5 years - 33.5 million
    AH - 7 years - 100 million
    PW - 3 years - 22 mil

Head Stomps
    KW - 0
    AH - 1
    PW - 0
    This is the type of stuff that makes this site great.....

When I look a those numbers I can clearly see the different roles our DT's play in the scheme.

One is more athletic and used in alot of ways, the other is a beast up the middle who eats up blockers, makes tackles all in an effort to clog up the middle on a run and collapse the pocket in a passing situation.

Albert actually stacks up pretty nicely with the skillset that Phat Pat brings to the table.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Now if they go out and sign a Henderson or a certain DT from the Deadskins, all my fears are gone as I believe that the other two positions excell when the DL excells and drop off when the DL drops off.
    1. Why is it that you always seem to think other teams' castoffs are the answer?
    =Z=
    I never want cast offs. I want the staff to have the vision/forsight to draft a cat early enough in the process so that he can be groomed/grow in the scheme with the players that he will play with.

DUH.....

Don't you think that some sort of restructuring of the contract would follow (even though he could be had cheap) for a cat of his ilk?

He's never been healthy for 16 games. Not once in his career. The man is a total douchebag, stomping on people's helmets and carrying himself the way he has been doing in Washington, he'll whine your ears off as soon as he won't be taking a large portion of the snaps and lastly, he hasn't been that impressive, apart from in his contract year.

Truth of the matter is, he is a damn good DT who has made one bad trangression (helmet stomp) and now doesn't want to play in the scheme that the new staff is bringing to the table.
    "now doesn't want to play in the scheme that the new staff is bringing to the table."

That's the most compelling reason to reject him right there.

When he came to the skins he said he was willing to do whatever it took.
    How long did that last?

He could bring more harm than good to the team chemistry.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Rockmolder wrote:
    Why would you want to replace KW with Haynesworth, though? Albert's a big guy. 350 lbs. He's someone who can eat up blockers, stop the run and get up the field and get some pressure. That is what makes him so great. I think that Marrdro had him in mind to play NT at Pat's spot.

Again, I don't like him. He's lazy, overpriced, bad attitude, just one amazing year which happend to be a contract year. There's just so many knocks on the guy.
    You are correct my learned PUKER friend.

For this discussion (and other related to depth on our DL), I am looking for a 4-3 NT who can eventually replace Phat Pat.

As to over priced, did you see the thread I posted about how much has already been paid to young Albert and how much he would actually cost the Vikes?

As to attitude. I don't like assholes, but I sure do like my defensive players (and most of my offensive players) to have a bit of air of "Badass" about them.

In short, its not a sissy sport my friend.

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    =Z=

DUH.....

"now doesn't want to play in the scheme that the new staff is bringing to the table."

That's the most compelling reason to reject him right there.

When he came to the skins he said he was willing to do whatever it took.
    How long did that last?

He could bring more harm than good to the team chemistry.
    He could, but he could also be exactly what we are looking for.

Some yutz on here is always ready to point out that it is, in the end, always about the money.

In the end, playing as a 3-4 NT as apposed to what he was originally signed to do in a 4-3 scheme, will in almost every instance impact meeting his incentives which in turn hits him in the pocketbook.

If it was me and someone came in and snatched up our contract and forced me to do something that I am probably not suited for, I would be upset as well, especially if I was working on a incentive laden contract with deliverables that drove those incentives.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    updated for this year. Included Pat just for shiggles

Kevin Williams versus the 100 Million Dollar Man

Career Games
    KW - 110 (7 years) *Started all 16 games 6/7 years
    AH - 102 (8 years) *Never started 16 in a Season
    PW - 184 (13 yeras)

Career Tackles
    KW - 327 (243 solo)
    AH - 308 (228 solo)
    PW - 536 (331 solo

Career Sacks
    KW - 48.5
    AH - 28
    PW - 20.5

Career Forced Fumbles
    KW - 5
    AH - 6
    PW - 6

Career Pass Deflections
    KW - 40
    AH - 23
    PW - 15

Career INTs
    KW - 4 (including 2 TDs)
    AH - 0
    PW - 1 (for a td)

Contract
    KW - 5 years - 33.5 million
    AH - 7 years - 100 million
    PW - 3 years - 22 mil

Head Stomps
    KW - 0
    AH - 1
    PW - 0
    Very nice work.
    I'd still like to have him on the team but I will definetly reconsider my first and 3rd comment. Maybe a late 2nd, tops.

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Rockmolder wrote:

Haynesworth is still a beast.

Lets Compare him to KW...I think everyone will agree that Haynesworth got his fair share of double teams on Washington's d-line. Perhaps even more than KWill considering the quality of his teammates.

So, how do they compare?

Sacks
    KW-0.00571/snap
    AH-0.00698/snap +22%

QB Hits
    KW-0.0126/snap
    AH-0.0191/snap +52%

QB Pressures
    KW-0.0229/snap +8%
    AH-0.0209/snap

Blocked Passes
    KW-0.00837/snap +56%
    AH-0.00349/snap

Tackles
    KW-0.0195/snap
    AH-0.0436/snap +123%

Assists
    KW-0.00459/snap
    AH-0.01221/snap +166%

Missed Tackles
    KW-0.00574/snap
    AH-0.00349/snap -32%

Stops
    KW-0.0206/snap
    AH-0.0383/snap +86%

I think Haynesworth and KWill are the two most disruptive UTs in the game. They ranked 1 and 2 on my books from last year. So when you compare their on-field performance it's hard to understand why so many want to call him lazy or "no good anymore". I chalk it up to people wanting to be down on the guy for his salary and off-field behavior, but, its clear that he is still a BEAST.

As you can see, Haynesworth continues to perform at a high level, even after his contract year. I would love to see him in the line rotation with a chip on his shoulder and ready to keep proving people wrong about him.
    None

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Today: The Tampa 2

Think of this as the first day of meetings during minicamp or the night before training camp opens in a small college lecture hall. Your basic install. We will get into some more exotic blitzes and combination coverages, but for now, we have to start with core coverages.

For teams such as Chicago, Indy, Minnesota and the New York Giants with new defensive coordinator Perry Fewell, the Tampa 2 is the base defense that’s always taught first.

Cover 2 is your classic 2-deep, 5-under defense with a four-man rush. But in the NFL today, the Tampa 2 essentially turns into a 3-deep, 4-under defense with the Mike (or middle linebacker) running with any inside vertical seam to create a 3-deep look that we would see in Cover 3.

Inside the playbook: the Tampa 2
    Basics as intended. However there is some very good discussion in the comments that follow the article.
    Agreed jargo, there was more information in the replies than the article. There was some pretty good stuff in the replies that help take away the generalizations (which are always misleading).

bsmithberkley wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:

Haynesworth is still a beast.

Lets Compare him to KW...I think everyone will agree that Haynesworth got his fair share of double teams on Washington's d-line. Perhaps even more than KWill considering the quality of his teammates.

So, how do they compare?

Sacks
    KW-0.00571/snap
    AH-0.00698/snap +22%

QB Hits
    KW-0.0126/snap
    AH-0.0191/snap +52%

QB Pressures
    KW-0.0229/snap +8%
    AH-0.0209/snap

Blocked Passes
    KW-0.00837/snap +56%
    AH-0.00349/snap

Tackles
    KW-0.0195/snap
    AH-0.0436/snap +123%

Assists
    KW-0.00459/snap
    AH-0.01221/snap +166%

Missed Tackles
    KW-0.00574/snap
    AH-0.00349/snap -32%

Stops
    KW-0.0206/snap
    AH-0.0383/snap +86%

I think Haynesworth and KWill are the two most disruptive UTs in the game. They ranked 1 and 2 on my books from last year. So when you compare their on-field performance it's hard to understand why so many want to call him lazy or "no good anymore". I chalk it up to people wanting to be down on the guy for his salary and off-field behavior, but, its clear that he is still a BEAST.

As you can see, Haynesworth continues to perform at a high level, even after his contract year. I would love to see him in the line rotation with a chip on his shoulder and ready to keep proving people wrong about him.
    Another quality post.

I chalk it up to people wanting to be down on the guy for his salary and off-field behavior,
    Same people who are in Rays ass for beeeyyyyatching a bit.

(Yes Z, I know I used the word same and there is a strong possibility that you can go and find a couple that haven't..... B) )

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast