Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Inside the playbook: the Tampa 2

marshallvike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    We need to play more bump and run

this.

Really, we do everything wrong when it comes to playing cover 2.

A good Tampa-2 defense requires a great pass rush by the front 4, LB's who can cover effectively, a MLB with great range, Physical Corners who can bump the receiver to throw off timing and Safeties who can be relied on as the last line of defense.

Currently, we don't do any of that. We blitz our LB's leaving massive holes in the secondary, our Safeties can't be relied on to make a stop if a catch is made in the holes, our MLB isn't fast enough to play his zone properly, and our Corners play 5+ yards off their man for some reason.
    Its even gonna get worse my friend when we don't have the 2 bigs in the middle to eat up blockers and collapse the pocket from the middle.

Eat up blockers. OLmen will be able to get out into the next level and get to our LB'rs in support of run blocking and will be able to pick up the blitz's that our LB'rs will be forced to do more and more as the front 4 fail to get pressure on the QB.

Pocket Collapse. If there is no push, the pocket stays clean in the middle, allowing the QB to just step forward into the pocket allowing a T (with no help) to take/ride the DE's wide.

But hey, they were looking at adding a G to help Hutch and Herra though. :lol:
    not only will we be missing the wall, but there is little chance EJ will be able to play at the level he was at before the injury. couple that with Griff's injury and it may a rough start to the season.
    Good points my friend.

I would like to add that I think Jasper looked good enough last year to alleviate "MOST" of my concerns at MLB and I like the "New" depth that we added in the draft.

CB is another issue. I like what I saw out of Benny and Asher last year so I'm not so worried about starters and the addition of Lito and young Cook helps in the depth area. If Winny and Griff aren't back up to form.

In short, the lack of DT's, especially behind Phat Pat (even when he is on the roster) cause me concern.

Now if they go out and sign a Henderson or a certain DT from the Deadskins, all my fears are gone as I believe that the other two positions excell when the DL excells and drop off when the DL drops off.

Eliminate that drop off and we will fix all 3 areas.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Now if they go out and sign a Henderson or a certain DT from the Deadskins, all my fears are gone as I believe that the other two positions excell when the DL excells and drop off when the DL drops off.
    1. Why is it that you always seem to think other teams' castoffs are the answer?

2. Haynesworth can't just be signed. They would have to trade for him.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    V4L wrote:

this.

A good Tampa-2 defense requires a great pass rush by the front 4, LB's who can cover effectively, a MLB with great range, Physical Corners who can bump the receiver to throw off timing and Safeties who can be relied on as the last line of defense.

Currently, we don't do any of that. We blitz our LB's leaving massive holes in the secondary, our Safeties can't be relied on to make a stop if a catch is made in the holes, our MLB isn't fast enough to play his zone properly, and our Corners play 5+ yards off their man for some reason.
    Its even gonna get worse my friend when we don't have the 2 bigs in the middle to eat up blockers and collapse the pocket from the middle.

Eat up blockers. OLmen will be able to get out into the next level and get to our LB'rs in support of run blocking and will be able to pick up the blitz's that our LB'rs will be forced to do more and more as the front 4 fail to get pressure on the QB.

Pocket Collapse. If there is no push, the pocket stays clean in the middle, allowing the QB to just step forward into the pocket allowing a T (with no help) to take/ride the DE's wide.

not only will we be missing the wall, but there is little chance EJ will be able to play at the level he was at before the injury. couple that with Griff's injury and it may a rough start to the season.
    Good points my friend.

I would like to add that I think Jasper looked good enough last year to alleviate "MOST" of my concerns at MLB and I like the "New" depth that we added in the draft.

CB is another issue. I like what I saw out of Benny and Asher last year so I'm not so worried about starters and the addition of Lito and young Cook helps in the depth area. If Winny and Griff aren't back up to form.

In short, the lack of DT's, especially behind Phat Pat (even when he is on the roster) cause me concern.

has there even been a hint that we are looking at ANY DT?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    1. Why is it that you always seem to think other teams' castoffs are the answer?
    =Z=
    I never want cast offs. I want the staff to have the vision/forsight to draft a cat early enough in the process so that he can be groomed/grow in the scheme with the players that he will play with.

DUH.....

Don't you think that some sort of restructuring of the contract would follow (even though he could be had cheap) for a cat of his ilk?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    V4L wrote:

this.

Good points my friend.

has there even been a hint that we are looking at ANY DT?
    There were some rumors 2 days before the draft about the Vikes inquiring about Haynesworth, but not much after.

Which gets back to my confusion.

With the impending loss of our two best Defensive Lineman, one would think there would be something afoot to try to alleviate the impact of that loss regardless of how good the DT's might be if for no other reason than to eat up some reps so the likes of JK, Guion and Evans don't wear down.

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    =Z=
    I never want cast offs. I want the staff to have the vision/forsight to draft a cat early enough in the process so that he can be groomed/grow in the scheme with the players that he will play with.

DUH.....

Don't you think that some sort of restructuring of the contract would follow (even though he could be had cheap) for a cat of his ilk?
    I don't get why you're so high on him, anyway.

He's never been healthy for 16 games. Not once in his career. The man is a total douchebag, stomping on people's helmets and carrying himself the way he has been doing in Washington, he'll whine your ears off as soon as he won't be taking a large portion of the snaps and lastly, he hasn't been that impressive, apart from in his contract year.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Kevin Williams versus the 100 Million Dollar Man

as of last year.

Career Games
    KW - 94 (6 years) *Started all 16 games 5/6 years
    AH - 90 (7 years) *Never started 16 in a Season

Career Tackles
    KW - 297 (221 solo)
    AH - 271 (199 solo)

Career Sacks
    KW - 42.5
    AH - 24

Career Forced Fumbles
    KW - 4
    AH - 6

Career Pass Deflections
    KW - 33
    AH - 18

Career INTs
    KW - 4 (including 2 TDs)
    AH - 0

Contract
    KW - 5 years - 33.5 million
    AH - 7 years - 100 million

Head Stomps
    KW - 0
    AH - 1

Kevin Williams is by far the superior tackle. Its not even close. He also plays EVERY SNAP, EVERY GAME! Haynesworth is a bum. Don't expect him to play for the next 6 years.
    :P

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

i_bleed_purple wrote:

as of last year.

Career Games
    KW - 94 (6 years) *Started all 16 games 5/6 years
    AH - 90 (7 years) *Never started 16 in a Season

Career Tackles
    KW - 297 (221 solo)
    AH - 271 (199 solo)

Career Sacks
    KW - 42.5
    AH - 24

Career Forced Fumbles
    KW - 4
    AH - 6

Career Pass Deflections
    KW - 33
    AH - 18

Career INTs
    KW - 4 (including 2 TDs)
    AH - 0

Contract

Head Stomps
    KW - 0
    AH - 1

Kevin Williams is by far the superior tackle. Its not even close. He also plays EVERY SNAP, EVERY GAME! Haynesworth is a bum. Don't expect him to play for the next 6 years.
    :P
    Well done. Door closed, end of conversation.
    AH-whiner.
    KW-producer.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Blog Entries

updated for this year. Included Pat just for shiggles

Career Games
    KW - 110 (7 years) *Started all 16 games 6/7 years
    AH - 102 (8 years) *Never started 16 in a Season
    PW - 184 (13 yeras)

Career Tackles
    KW - 327 (243 solo)
    AH - 308 (228 solo)
    PW - 536 (331 solo

Career Sacks
    KW - 48.5
    AH - 28
    PW - 20.5

Career Forced Fumbles
    KW - 5
    AH - 6
    PW - 6

Career Pass Deflections
    KW - 40
    AH - 23
    PW - 15

Career INTs
    KW - 4 (including 2 TDs)
    AH - 0
    PW - 1 (for a td)

Contract
    PW - 3 years - 22 mil

Head Stomps
    KW - 0
    AH - 1
    PW - 0

Blog Entries

also worth noting AH has NEVER scored a TD. KW has 4.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast