Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

Inside the NFL: Top teams in trouble

The Inside the NFL team debates which of the top 4 teams in the playoffs could be the first to lose all said the Vikings will be the first to lose out of the Colts/Saints/Vikings/Chargers by (Collinsworth, Sapp, Simms)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/09000d5d8158ea1e/Inside-the-NFL-Top-teams-in-trouble

Texas Viking is offline Starter

Re:Inside the NFL: Top teams in trouble

Personally, I think thatís a good sign. We seem to do better when looked at being the underdog.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Texas Viking wrote:
    Personally, I think thatís a good sign. We seem to do better when looked at being the underdog.

I agree, I like it too. But I also agree with what Sapp says about our D-line...they are not crushing the pocket like they did earlier in the season. That concerns me a lot.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Say what you want "experts". We are the only team other than the Patriots undefeated at home. We are a very different at home.

I think the Eagles are in danger. Everyone was quick to crown them up until that last game. Also, the Packers are due for a bad game.

VikingLance is offline Starter

marstc09 wrote:
    Say what you want "experts". We are the only team other than the Patriots undefeated at home. We are a very different at home.

I think the Eagles are in danger. Everyone was quick to crown them up until that last game. Also, the Packers are due for a bad game.
    +1.

The Saints have just barely been hanging on for a while now. You'd think the "experts" would jumped all over that. "But they have home field advantage". They have proven that they can lose in the dome. Maybe that is why they are picking the cowgirls over us. While I agree the 'girls are a hot team right now, we are a different team in the dome. The d line gets pressure in the dome.

I also like the fact that they are picking us. Players hear this stuff, and it gives them something to prove.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Echoing what a few others have pointed out, I think this is great. If there's one thing I've learned as a Vikings fan throughout the years, it's that you do NOT want this team to be in a position where everyone assumes they are going to cruise to a championship. That is precisely when the Vikings will underachieve for a massive fail.

The teams I would not want to be right now? Cowboys or Chargers. Talk about high expectations--everyone has basically crowned their asses. I can't wait to see how these two historically mediocre coaches try to get their teams motivated when everyone in the nation has already assumed that they'll be the two teams in the Super Bowl. Good luck, fellas.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

I do not believe it is a big deal, but I do not believe it is great either. The Vikings, as noted, are having problems in the trenches, and that can be a problem come the playoffs.

If the Vikings defensive line cannot get pressure, it will expose the secondary to the deep threat. If the offensive line cannot pass protect against speed rushers or run block for Adrian and Chester, the offense will stall. The pundits predict the Vikings because they see this as well.

Let us hope that the bye week will refresh some hurting bodies and allow for a better gameplan.

Ya we will see how much trouble we are in when we win our first, and the aints lose theirs....Home field to miami doesn't seem so far away.

I would actually go with the Saints as the weakest team, as well. Although something can be said for a week of rest, they looked absolutely horrible for quite a while now. They've either struggled to just win it or lose in their last 5 weeks.

And that wasn't against a list of tough opponents, they played the Redskins, the Falcons with their horrible secondary, the Buccaneers etc.

I do wonder what this bye week will do for the older guys on the team. Maybe this'll rejuvinate the old guys a little. Especially Phat Pat.

Still, though, you have to admit that this team also doesn't look like the dominant team from the first few weeks. You put a good beating on the Giants, but they've been collapsing big time. Still, 7 - 44 is quite a score. Apart from that, it has been somewhat unimpressive. Although you did appear to gain some momentum since the second half of the Bears game.

What I'm hoping for, though, is that they're right. The Eagles win and the Packers win in the wild card round. The Packers go to Minnesota and knock out the Vikings.

Although I wouldn't mind waiting till the NFCC game, either.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf