Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Injury impact

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Injury impact

"SKOL" wrote:
    Since Moe will likely be out I'd like to see us use Mewelde as our 3rd down back. He was made for that role.
    I read somewhere that is what Tice had planned to do.....

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Injury impact

Kearse usually plays LDE, so he will most likely be up against Goldberg. If I recall he got pressure all day against Culpepper last game, especially when Rosenthal went down. We will need to double team him

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Injury impact

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Kearse usually plays LDE, so he will most likely be up against Goldberg. If I recall he got pressure all day against Culpepper last game, especially when Rosenthal went down. We will need to double team him
    Also run the ball toward his side a lot, throw him off his pass rush.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Injury impact

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    And if Robinson brings his A game, he will outplay those tiny Eagle corners. Even with moss limited, get us to the red zone and Lito shepard won't out jump even an ailing Moss.
    Careful talking bad about the Eagles secondary. Sheppard, Dawkins and Lewis all made the Pro Bowl. The Eagles only gave up 16 TD passes this season, while the Vikings allowed 30. If it were so easy, the Vikings would have scored more than 1 TD against them in week 2.

On the good side, Culpepper did throw for 332 yards (net) against the Eagles in week 2. On the bad side, it took 47 attempts to acheive that (completing 37). That would certainly suggest a lack of big passing plays made against the Eagles that night. In fact, the longest play was a 22 yard completion to Moss.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Injury impact

"purplepat" wrote:
    "PAvikesfan" wrote:
    And if Robinson brings his A game, he will outplay those tiny Eagle corners. Even with moss limited, get us to the red zone and Lito shepard won't out jump even an ailing Moss.
    Careful talking bad about the Eagles secondary. Sheppard, Dawkins and Lewis all made the Pro Bowl. The Eagles only gave up 16 TD passes this season, while the Vikings allowed 30. If it were so easy, the Vikings would have scored more than 1 TD against them in week 2.

On the good side, Culpepper did throw for 332 yards (net) against the Eagles in week 2. On the bad side, it took 47 attempts to acheive that (completing 37). That would certainly suggest a lack of big passing plays made against the Eagles that night. In fact, the longest play was a 22 yard completion to Moss.
    I think that their(Eagles) motto is this. "We get pressure on you fast so all we give up is the short passes and limit the verical game. We can then jump the passes and make tackles on the WRs, thus we don't have to worry about jump balls deep."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Injury impact

"CT Viking Man" wrote:
    Is the Eagles secondary really that intimidating? The put in three players to the Pro Bowl. It probably is just a reflection of their record this year than the total play of their secondary. I know the run D was suspect so lets use that to set up the pass.
    The last game Robinson brought his "A game" to was against the Texans and that was in what week 6. He is just another Alexander and Bates if you ask me in a line of WRs that didn't work as a #2!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Injury impact

moss is probable. you know he going to play. this is what he lives for. the big game.
    moe, not so lucky with him. he is doubtful. he is a big part of the blitz pickup and this is going to be all important this week. whoever tice puts in there they better have studied plenty and buckle his chin strap an extra notch.

Injury impact

Somebody please tell me how Chavous is not "out" for sure? Is he actually thinking of playing with a broken bone in his elbow or wherever the heck it is!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Injury impact

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Somebody please tell me how Chavous is not "out" for sure? Is he actually thinking of playing with a broken bone in his elbow or wherever the heck it is!
    i dont know but think that could slow the vikes down if he did play? willie did an ok job i thought so i dont see the reason. he was doing a good job coaching from the sidelines it looked to me. lol

Injury impact

I will definitely eat some well deserved crow for ripping on Willie Offord, cuz I didn't think he would play well at all! I don't see how Chavous can play though, I guess we can hope that Offord plays as well as he did!! That was a very nice surprise!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast