Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Injuries to Winfield, Rice could be serious

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I for one am not that concerned over either player.

McCauley, Gordon, Griff have all filled in admirably for Winny when he is out.
    An issue but one that we've seen can be overcome.

Rice.
    Allison needs to step up and Fergy did a good job as a deep threat last night.

Erasmus has been almost a non factor all year.
    Edwards, Robison, Keneche, Mitchell have played well.
    Now throw in Otis (he had two nice rushes that I saw) into the mix to take up James slack and when we get Edwards back.........

AD went down, CT stepped up.

TJ went down, well, can't say anything here, ya got me.
    Our backups suck.

;D

Anyway, I hope you all get were I am going.
    Injuries or suspensions happen my friends, other players need to step up.
    Its the nature of the beast.
    This team has shown that they can and will step up to the best of thier abilities.

Lets just hope it will be enough.

;D

That was not a deep threat. That was one great play by him, with tons of YAC, even though he is by far the slowest WR on our team, maybe in the NFL.

Anyways, asking Allison to start and Griffin/McCauley to fill in for Winfield is a bit much. Allison is a project, and Winfield has 6 tackles in one half. I think we are in trouble without those guys. I still expect playoffs, but winning without those guys is much tougher.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

davike is offline Team Alumni

I sure hope that they are alright. I would hate to lose either of them in the playoffs.

But remember guys, sometimes new stars are revealed when injuries happen. Sometimes injuries can make a team, not break it.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Rice.

Now throw in Otis (he had two nice rushes that I saw) into the mix to take up James slack and when we get Edwards back.........

Our backups suck.

;D

This team has shown that they can and will step up to the best of thier abilities.

;D

That was not a deep threat. That was one great play by him, with tons of YAC, even though he is by far the slowest WR on our team, maybe in the NFL.

Anyways, asking Allison to start and Griffin/McCauley to fill in for Winfield is a bit much. Allison is a project, and Winfield has 6 tackles in one half. I think we are in trouble without those guys. I still expect playoffs, but winning without those guys is much tougher.
    Poor choice of words (Deep threat) for that I apologize but do you really think we have or need a deep threat at this point?
    What we need is a guy who can catch a ball somewere around 10 -30 yards from the line of scrimmage and get YAC just like he did last night.

As to your point at the end, like winning with them wasn't gonna be tough either my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

davike is offline Team Alumni

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Rice.

Our backups suck.

;D

;D

Maybe I shouldn't pick on just one little statement, but I guess I will. That is ridiculous to say, how can you say that after watching Mike Williams play for the Lions. He isn't exactly fast, but he isn't the slowest thats for sure. There are many slower then him.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    gordon has been solid with the exception of that bonehead play going for the pick on the final bears drive.. instead of wrapping up Moose... i almost blew a gasket when i saw no one around him for yards and yards...

is Griffith a beast hitting guys or what.. that dude can lay a load...

greenway needs to tackle better in space... he missed quite a few yesterday for extra yardage... other than that tho.. secondary played extremely well... although on that intentional grounding call they called on Orton, Rashied Davis was wide open up the seam... he just missed the throw and it was a terrible call...

One other point to notice with Greenway is I saw him tackle with his shoulder one time.
    Luckily it worked becasue if it didn't all he did was push the guy toward the endzone.
    If he would have maintained his balance he was probably gone.
    I don't remember which receiver it was for CHI.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Winfield being out would hurt - but the other guys have shown that they can step up in his absence.

Rice, on the other hand, is a pretty important part of our passing offense IMHO.
    I hope he in back in time for the playoffs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Rice.

Our backups suck.

;D

;D

Poor choice of words (Deep threat) for that I apologize but do you really think we have or need a deep threat at this point?
    What we need is a guy who can catch a ball somewere around 10 -30 yards from the line of scrimmage and get YAC just like he did last night.

As to your point at the end, like winning with them wasn't gonna be tough either my friend.

;D
    Agreed. Ferguson is doing what we brought him here to do, and doing a good job of it.

Slowest in the NFL was an overstatement, but he was damn slow in the open field on that play.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Just read on another site that at Childress' press conference it was said that Rice has a sprained ankle (they said they are working on rehab with him)....and Winfield has a strained pectoral muscle.
    Hopefully this information is completely accurate and they are not blowing smoke. If thats the case....they should be able to play if we make it to the playoffs.
    No confirmation yet on the Vikes web site.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    gordon has been solid with the exception of that bonehead play going for the pick on the final bears drive.. instead of wrapping up Moose... i almost blew a gasket when i saw no one around him for yards and yards...

is Griffith a beast hitting guys or what.. that dude can lay a load...

greenway needs to tackle better in space... he missed quite a few yesterday for extra yardage... other than that tho.. secondary played extremely well... although on that intentional grounding call they called on Orton, Rashied Davis was wide open up the seam... he just missed the throw and it was a terrible call...

Griffin. A lot of people make that mistake......
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Injuries are confirmed in the Star/Tribune newspaper
    *CB Antoine Winfield was diagnosed today with a strained pectoral muscle near his left shoulder, coach Brad Childress said today. As we learned earlier this season, a strain is a partial tear. Winfield said this morning on KFAN-1130 that the shoulder was sore and a little swollen. Childress was non-committal about Winfield’s availability for Sunday’s game against Washington. Because of a short practice week, among other reasons, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Winfield miss that game.

*The same goes for WR Sidney Rice, who has what the Vikings are calling a sprained ankle. Rice appeared to be in severe pain on the sideline and in the locker room after suffering the injury, but Childress said it was diagnosed as a sprain.

Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast