Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big C is offline Coordinator

Injuries and predictions

I think Owens will step up to fill the void at TE. What little I saw of him on Monday was good. Hopefully O-Gun isn't as freakishly athletic as kearse. I know Haayer looked pretty bad against Kearse but Kearse is the best in the business. I wouldn't expect a backup to keep him in place! I think Haayer and Dorsey can give Culpepper the extra 2 or 3 seconds (more than last week) to have the deep ball as an option againstr Chicago.

However, what it all boils down to is that it's going to hurt our running game pretty badly. Even with Bennet in the backfield, if he doesn't have holes to run through he's not going anywhere.

I think we might have to re-visit the metality of passing the ball to open up the running game. All in all, I think we can make the playoffs without too much drama.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Injuries and predictions

We resigned Sean Burton as well. They said he will be used to fill the void of the blocking tight end so basically replacing what Jimmy did. I don't really remember how well Burton played. I think I remember him having a stupid penalty once and tice sitting him down on the next play but other then that I can't say I remember his play much. I don't think he played enough for me to make a decision on him. But at least he has played with us before and has had some gametime action that is at least a plus. He must be ok at the blocking stuff or Tice wouldn't have resigned him for that purpose. Does anyone remember much about how Sean Burton played?

Los it was reported today that you guys lost another Nose tackle. The one that was already filling the spot of your original nose tackle that was hurt. Injuries keep piling up on your side as well. I think it will be a long season for both teams due to injuries it will be who ever can plug the holes the best and I have confidence that we will be alright but if we are not careful the Lions are going to win the division and we can't have that happen.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Injuries and predictions

I think that we don't have to worry too much about the Lions just yet. They haven't really played anyone the calibre of the Iggles, Vikes or even the Pack yet. We'll just have to check back later this season to see how they are doing after facing much better teams. They also have injury issues that will take a toll on their performance this season.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Injuries and predictions

I am extremely concerned about the loss of sasser and rosey, but hopefully the young guys will step up and fill the void. I think we are lucking out playing the bears, who are probably more injured than we are and then having a bye week. We should be able to get wiggins back after the bye. The bears have 3/4ths of their secondary out for a long period of time (Azumah, Brown and Tillman) so that could help. I think they also have an O lineman gone too! I think we'll be ok, Detroit will be put in their place this weekend and they will come back down to earth, so hopefully we can pull off a win at home, we better!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Crunchem is offline Rookie

Injuries and predictions

Seems like for the past few years the vikes have seemed to be lucky without major injuries. Othe then Bennett last year. Seems like the good fourtune from the past years are catching up with them.
    Lets go fishing

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Injuries and predictions

The Vikes do have to win this game, if for no other reason that they can't afford to fall behind in what may be a very competitive division before the season is over. Both the Teddybears and the Kitties have shown so far that they can play at a decent level and we all know that the Pack is still a dangerous team. Roll, Vikes, Roll!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Injuries and predictions

I have no doubt we will beat the bears this weekend even with a patched up o-line and not a lot of experience in the tight end position. The Defense is still feisty and should be just fine against Rex Grossman. He definately is not the Donovan McNabb Caliber yet so I think our D will put him on his butt once or twice. I don't think they will do very well rushing either. So if our little patchwork offensive line can even do an above mediocre job I think we will light up the bears. They may be to emotionally spent after beating the pack and maybe have more confidence then is warranted and that could hurt them. Hopefully I will not have to eat my words come monday.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Injuries and predictions

Yea those wholes on the right side of our offensive line are pretty scary. I was a little worried when Sass went out but now rosenthol and we could have a problem.....Our line is so key to the offense. We really need those guys to stay healthy....They set the tone for our offensive rythm.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Injuries and predictions

"little redhead" wrote:
    Los it was reported today that you guys lost another Nose tackle. The one that was already filling the spot of your original nose tackle that was hurt. Injuries keep piling up on your side as well. I think it will be a long season for both teams due to injuries it will be who ever can plug the holes the best and I have confidence that we will be alright but if we are not careful the Lions are going to win the division and we can't have that happen.
    We're actually going to more of a 3-4 defense some of the time, so we can get our undertalented linebackers in more for our injured untalented linemen.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Injuries and predictions

I don't worry about you guys with the Bears. The Bears have focused on that game all offseason, and now that they have it, they will have one heckuva hangover against the Vikes. Too bad.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast